ForumsWEPRThe Simpsons are Democratic?

22 9509
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=Oa1G3Y7ev4Y&NR=1

Lol... I'm not at all offended as I am undecided. But generally it came from MSNBC which is hardcore democrats... Just saying ^^

• 22 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

The cartoon shouldn't but the political issues that give rise to them should. And if even cartoons do so, reaching out to millions, then it is serious.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

cartoons are not supposed to be serious.

alfred was actually a very serious cartoon. i get the feeling that people use comedy to talk or show their political stance because if they did it any other way people would start judging. humor is a very good defense.

btw. i LOVED alfred :3 still is aired in israel and still watch it sometimes.

anyway what i was trying to say is that when a person talks about politics in a serious way many people start feeling uncomfortable and defensive. those cartoons are a way to talk about it in a not serious way but it still talks about something important. true, going balistics because HOMER is a democrat or whatever is a waste of time (after all, tv show developers also have political opinions and politics is a great way to make fun of humanity) but the main idea behind the humour is something to talk about
SwordmasterQ
SwordmasterQ
29 posts
Nomad

The sad thing is not that people are arguing about the political opinions of CARTOONS, but that the politics are more like cartoons than the actual cartoons are.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

The sad thing is not that people are arguing about the political opinions of CARTOONS, but that the politics are more like cartoons than the actual cartoons are.

The majority of people treat politics with little regard, and casually dismiss everything with a cynicism that would make hardcore misanthropes blush. If you're not willing to be bothered with politics, then how do you expect politicians to treat you seriously?
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

Now I've ever seen the seen the Simpsons, but the video did day that he Simpsons and Fox News were owned by the same company so it could just be an inside joke, them using everything that they've been accused of and putting it into their show for laughs.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

the same as you builded a hype over homer.

Pray tell..when did I even mention Homer?
handlerfan
handlerfan
185 posts
Nomad

I think that the people who own the Simpsons allow them to get way with Fox bashing because they are so good. The people who paid for Family Guy almost took the show off the air; I suppose they were offended by the show's anarchic values, but it was saved by audience demand. Fox wouldn't to axe the Simpsons because of their huge audience.

Showing 16-22 of 22