Baron

What game has the best music?!

You decide!

• 30 Replies
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Wowz. I totally forgot that the Halo 2 OST and the Pokemon OSTs are all very good too ^^

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

omg i love video game music.

my favs are kingdom hearts, final fantasy, mother 3, the legend of zelda, mario galaxy and a few others i cant remember at the moment.

but... im so surprised no one even mentioned okami... that soundtrack is amazing. espacially isshu fields, hiroshima sea, the sun is rising and when you ride the orca (god i have no idea if those are even the names, i dont remember them.)

another game with an awsome soundtrack is rule of rose. its the last game ive played and its also pretty amazing espacially the main theme and "bullying".

and i guess ill also mention ib because the music flows great with the game

Sr_Joge
Sr_Joge
2 posts
Nomad

Halo 1 Menu Music :3

404011xz
404011xz
212 posts
Farmer

Finaly fantasy is usually really nice. I also like the Assassin's creed 2 opening song. I'm not sure you guys have heard of this but the I just love the Piano music on Max Connect 2, it just really stikes me emotionaly.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Super Smash Bros: Brawl has some awesome music, also LoZ Twilight Princess has some awesome songs like Midna's Lament.

~~~Darth Caedus

kakadz
kakadz
3 posts
Nomad

action music of cod

zmajosek
zmajosek
5 posts
Nomad

I have to say dishonored-drunken whaler song becouse it just suits the game and its bloody and gory.Just what kids need these days.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

My favorite video game music would probably have to be that found in Banjo-Kazooie. Not only did the music sound good, but the way it was incorporated into the game is ground breaking. In video games, the music you hear often depends on where you're at. Simple enough, but Banjo-Kazooie took it a step further.

In Banjo-Kazooie, the music wouldn't just reflect the world you're in, but where you are at within that world. In Spiral Mountain, you would hear a banjo playing an upbeat tune. When you began swimming underwater, you would hear the same music, but played with a xylophone instead.

In Banjo-Kazooie, you had to collect puzzle pieces. You would use these puzzle pieces to complete unfinished portraits within the over world, also known as the Witch's Lair, so you could open up new levels. As you approach these portraits, you hear the same music, just played in a different way.

Here's the music you hear in the Witch's Lair.

As you approached the portrait of Treasure Trove Cove, the music would smoothly transition to this..

Bubble Gloop Swamp's portrait?

That's not to mention how well the sound track is by itself, without the transitions and multiple variations. Each world would have it's own sound track, all of which would also change depending on where you were within those worlds (such as if you were under water).

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Off the top of my head, Shadow of the Colossus and Final Fantasy X. Whenever I hear either soundtrack I am feeled with such a warm feeling.

Besides those 2, FFs always have strong soundtracks. MGS series is always very solid. The Mark of Kri, Mass Effects and Dues Ex also come to mind. I could do this all day, but I'll stop.

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

To NoNameC68
I would have to agree with you, I dont know if you played Banjo Tooie but the music there was just as amazing there. I remember when you crush this jiggy boulder you would grab fractions of the jiggy. For every fraction it added on to the song and it was really cool and when you had the last it would play the complete song.

I would also like to say that the TF2 music has a good selection and the new MVM game mode has quite a catchy tune

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

I cannot get enough of this. It's from Anno 2070. My favourite is Grinding Teeth.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

My favorite video game music would probably have to be that found in Banjo-Kazooie.

I'd probably have to agree with you on that one. The music wasn't fantastic on there. Not only that but the sequel did it 5x better.
Bleyd
Bleyd
3 posts
Peasant

Cave Story, hands down.

Gogotank
Gogotank
3,165 posts
Lord

I can't decide which one is my favourite

Showing 16-29 of 30