ForumsForum Games(Gaming tournament) Super Star Showdown 2012: Kongregate vs Armor Games

664 85275
JoshDragon
JoshDragon
669 posts
Nomad

http://i45.tinypic.com/taos3p.jpg

Welcome to the fourth installment of the Super Star Showdown series. An annual tournament for gamers from different forums to come together and compete against each other.

This edition will feature Kongregate against Armor Games. Gamers, from either forum may enter. Up to sixteen players per forum. Once enough people have signed up the tournament will begin.

The tournament follows a single elimination style structure. That means you will face one opponent per round, with the winners moving on and the losers going home.

The champion, gets rewarded with a trophy sig and avatar. Which is a specially designed art piece to commemorate their victory.

Here are the rules:

1. Scores must be submitted as a screenshot. No other proof will be accepted.

2. All rounds last for exactly 3 days (acording to GMT.) Scores posted before or after the deadline will not be accepted.

3. Hacking is strictly prohibited and will result in an immediate disqualification.

• 664 Replies
leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

Definitely signing up for this. Remember the old one Josh? Good times.

I remember playing you when we were playing obey the game and you destroying me. Was really fun though.

Scores posted before or after the deadline will not be accepted.

So we have to post it at exactly the time you did 3 days after? Nah, I know it is a typo.

In case anyone is wondering Josh used to play in a lot of the tournaments a while back. You guys should definitely sign up. Anyone in pickpocket's tournament should come over here. Just note that the screenshot has to be of your whole screen INCLUDING your AG name.
IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

I guess I'll sign up. So Josh is a professional flash gaming tournament master Leo?

This seems like serious business. Let's beat Kong!

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I'll join

*whispers* someone comment on my profile on how to save a screenshot on my computer just so I don't f it up...want to be on the safe side

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

Uh, uh, i will join :3 I like fighting powerful enemies

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Uh, uh, i will join :3 I like fighting powerful enemies

*kicks open the door* Killersup is here, and it is time... to sign up. Might not be able to post in time, 3 days is short. However, lets see....
Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

I know I'll lose pretty quickly, but might as well sign up anyway!

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

Was anyone expecting me to pass up an opportunity like this? I think not, Sign me up, this is my first time around!

theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
807 posts
Farmer

Mauve whips of pure gaming awesomeness resonate throughout the Thread as theEPICgameKING enters, chest bared with pride. Competent in all manner of games-Flash, MMO (Though they NEVER load on this computer for some reason), and Forum Games, Epic cracks his knuckles mightily and states, quite simply "I shall win this.", on the side of Armor Games, since Kongregate never loads as well. Really gotta get a new computer actually, but I dont care-my scores are still awesome.

You can tell by the above Wallotext that I will win.

JoshDragon
JoshDragon
669 posts
Nomad

Definitely signing up for this. Remember the old one Josh? Good times.
I remember playing you when we were playing obey the game and you destroying me. Was really fun though.

Hey Leo, glad to have you on board. Yes, I remember that match. It was a lot of fun.

You really did a great job. You are a tremendously tough gamer. I definitely wouldn't take you lightly in any match and I would advise the other competitors to do the same. Leo can play!

Also, yes he was a participant in the Super Star Showdown 2010.

So we have to post it at exactly the time you did 3 days after? Nah, I know it is a typo.

In the past, I've posted all the games for the tournament ahead of time. There's usually a day off in between each round, so I have had a few occasions where someone has put up a score too early. Though it doesn't really matter this time as the games won't be revealed until the round starts.

The theme this time is "Josh's favorites." That's right, you're going to have to play all of my favorite games and I'm going to give some back story for each one of them.

.I guess I'll sign up. So Josh is a professional flash gaming tournament master Leo?
This seems like serious business. Let's beat Kong!

Lol. Not really. Though I have a long history of hosting tournaments (this month is the four year anniversary of when I first started doing them on MiniClip.)
gamermartin
gamermartin
276 posts
Farmer

I want to join, for ArmorGames, happy to see Epic is joining (so we can submit our scores early, right?)

JoshDragon
JoshDragon
669 posts
Nomad

Oh and one more thing. The gamers who finish in the top four during the assessment round, win their own tournament player profile card.

Here's an uncompleted example:

http://i50.tinypic.com/24pbhbl.jpg

The finished version includes your avatar, username, country, DOB, (optional) favorite flash game, seed in the tournament, and what your past results are in the Super Star Showdown.

theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
807 posts
Farmer

Haha! This prize is mine to win! ...Why am I so overconfident?

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

If this is armorgames/kongregate tournament, why i cant find it in their forums?

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

Just noticed they do ordinary tournaments for money every now and then.. I think we have no chance at all.......

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

Can i sign in there just to quit at the last moment and leave them without a player?

Showing 1-15 of 664