ForumsThe TavernStorage Wars is "Fake?"

15 2600
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

So... Read this. >

Do you think it is a fake? I personally love the show and have watched it for a long time. I liked dave for his YUPPPPPP and Barry for his reckless spending. x) Jarrod and Brandi... Meh. And Darrel was just random lol ;D

• 15 Replies
Jumpper
Jumpper
196 posts
Nomad

It seems legit.......................... but on the other hand I thought Dave was really annoying with his "yuuuuuuuuuup" (he just used it too much). loved the show though.
just a recap:

seems legit
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

but on the other hand I thought Dave was really annoying with his "yuuuuuuuuuup"

^^ You are now thinking like Darrel and Jarrod xD

It seems legit..........................

Why so many dots? :P
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

Well I personally thinks it's a fake for sure now that someone's gone out and said it. I used to love it, but then I found out the whole things was a sham, and now I don't think I can ever watch it again ;.(

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Well I personally thinks it's a fake for sure now that someone's gone out and said it. I used to love it, but then I found out the whole things was a sham, and now I don't think I can ever watch it again ;.(

So sad... Even if it truly is a fake I shalln't watching it. I like it for what it is ^^ But it seems very legit to me...
samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

All those shows are fake except for Pawn Stars

BurnKush420
BurnKush420
100 posts
Nomad

well, pawn stars is definetly the least scripted out of all of them
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

well, pawn stars is definetly the least scripted out of all of them

...you need to go rewatch pawn stars then

In totally related news
Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

Yeah, the show is cool, but I'm still confused on how someone would fail to pay a $120-ish monthly rent when there is thousands of dollars of jewelry inside. Maybe all that cool stuff is stolen, but then the cops would probably look into it. So Dave's story actually makes sense. I'll have to follow this story.

What about American Pickers?
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Does it matter if it's fake? Shows are meant to be entertaining, and if you are entertained, who cares?

Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

It's pretty well known that they plant stuff in the lockers on storage wars. There's a few real find but overall you're not going to make $1000 profits on a regular basis in that kind of business.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Does it matter if it's fake? Shows are meant to be entertaining, and if you are entertained, who cares?

Exactly my point. I still think it's legit though ^^

There's a few real find but overall you're not going to make $1000 profits on a regular basis in that kind of business.

Not true. I've been to storage auctions. The things they have in some of those lockers are good ;P
Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

Not true. I've been to storage auctions. The things they have in some of those lockers are good ;P

Keyword is some. There's another storage auction show whose name I can't remember with the fat guy named Tonn and his skinny friend that shows their greatest finds. Those lockers are rare, but not nonexistent. However, most of the time they only make a couple hundred in profits each auction and that requires buying multiple lockers.
IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

Am I the only one that knew that parts of it were fake from the start? Seriously, there's one of them saying things to the camera while the other is right behind him and apparently can't hear. It was a bit messed up for me.

Every time dave did a YEEEUUUUUUUP it didn't really annoy me too much though. Barry was of course the best.

Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

Barry was of course the best.
If I'm not mistaken, Miller made a fruit-ish beer called the Berry Weiss. There's one for MBFF.
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Keyword is some. There's another storage auction show whose name I can't remember with the fat guy named Tonn and his skinny friend that shows their greatest finds.

Lol... You notice that on Storage Wars they aren't gonna just show when they all buy crap lol.

And that other show is called Auction Hunters. With Ton and Allen ^^ Anyways I used to watch that too, but ever since the season ended :/
Showing 1-15 of 15