ForumsThe TavernGeneral MLB thread

37 5989
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Talk about the wonders of MLB on here

(I know there are some of you on here that could chat it up with me *looks towards pick and Gantic*)

• 37 Replies
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

*looks towards pick and Gantic*

Oh hai pang.
So.... mlb.....
How bout them jays?
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Go Diamondbacks!!

Oh, you want to talk about the rest of the MLB? Hmph.

LoL, Anyway, who's looking good for next year?

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

ESPN is still disfavoring the Giants like it always does. Next season looks to be promising to be a good one, what with quite a few strong teams next year. I hope the Giants can take down the Dodgers again, but it'll probably be another harrowing start to the season. I won't be making any predictions until spring training, but from a completely biased standpoint, the Giants look good to win it all again. Also, Posey was MVP for NL plus other awards.

You know what the Jays and the Dbacks have in common? Two teams in their division that are stronger. :P

Anyone else not like the new schedule MLB has? It shortens the Bay Bridge Series by two games.

And 10,000 AP for the Giants!

Also if you rearrange the letters in my username and replace the hard c with an out of place soft c, you get Giants.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

who's looking good for next year?

The jays.... They scare me a little.... Im trembling in my pin-stripped boots. NOT.
Also if you rearrange the letters in my username and replace the hard c with an out of place soft c, you get Giants.

If you re-arrange the letters in my name, you dont get Giants, you get icpkoktecp.

In other news, I might be lucky enough to go see a Giants spring-training game! That would be pretty awesome. If I go, there is no doubt that i will try to get a Buster autograph. If I do, then I will upload a pic to AG. If not, oh well.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

How bout them jays?

The new home of R.A. Dickey now...*goes into blind rampage..breaking everything in path*

I hope the Giants can take down the Dodgers again

Sorry to say...but that is going to be **** hard. Kershaw, Grienke, possibly Lohse, Chad *insert B name I can't spell for some reason*, Beckett

Then..there is their line-up..

Anyone else not like the new schedule MLB has?

Haven't checked it out yet...but I know the Astros are AL now (sucks for them)...and that interleague games are more frequent and random

Did you plan that? >_>

If you rearrange the letters in my username and replace the all with Yankees..you get Yankees

----

So Hamilton is an Angel now...thoughts?
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I might be lucky enough to go see a Giants spring-training game! That would be pretty awesome. If I go, there is no doubt that i will try to get a Buster autograph

I got to see the Giants last May when they played the Diamondbacks. They won... Unfortunately. (No offense to Giants fans.)

I'm gonna buy some tickets to go the the Diamondbacks season opener. They won't be in the dugout, but at least I'll be going. =D
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

So Hamilton is an Angel now...thoughts

Angels and jays are stack as long as puljous delivers this season. Should be kinda weird season....
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I'm not really interested in talk about "star" players and contracts, not as predictors anyway. One player doesn't make a team. You can have star players dominate but the team still lose in the long run.

Perhaps we should start a fantasy league? :P However, I doubt people have the time to manage their team and update rosters everyday.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

However, I doubt people have the time to manage their team and update rosters everyday.

Very true, but the idea is nice. Besides, if we dont update every day they its all fair, right?
I dunno, I never really got into fantasy much
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

We could always do the league over at ESPN.com..that way it would manage the draft and roster (making it look pretty and all) for us?

Cranium80
Cranium80
489 posts
Shepherd

I'm not really interested in talk about "star" players and contracts, not as predictors anyway. One player doesn't make a team. You can have star players dominate but the team still lose in the long run.

this is very true, case in point Jose Bautista leading the league in most offensive categories the last few years, but the Jays still finished out of the playoffs. But now that they have an all-star rotation (Romero as a #5 starter, pretty awesome!), Encarnacion has emerged as another big hitter, and guys like Lawrie and Arancibia have another year under their belt, Toronto is going to be a FAR better team this year!
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

this is very true, case in point Jose Bautista leading the league in most offensive categories the last few years, but the Jays still finished out of the playoffs.

Bautista wasnt healthy for the entire season, thankfully. So I guess you could blame it on that.... I saw that guy at the homerun derby and got a little scared.
Cranium80
Cranium80
489 posts
Shepherd

Bautista wasnt healthy for the entire season, thankfully. So I guess you could blame it on that.... I saw that guy at the homerun derby and got a little scared.

He lead the league in HR and was top 5 in batting average and RBI the two seasons before last year. Last year he was on pace to do it all again until that injury. Bautista is a machine!
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

this is very true, case in point Jose Bautista leading the league in most offensive categories the last few years, but the Jays still finished out of the playoffs

Why not use A-Rod's years with the Rangers? Would have been a much stronger point

Bautista is a machine!

But he pulls so much!! D= I'm just waiting for when pitchers finally start to realize that -_-⢠they seem to always forget

Though...Bautista does give players like me hope. Pull hitter that's hitting focus is power. Now if only I didn't go to a school with heavy favoritism problems..
Cranium80
Cranium80
489 posts
Shepherd

Why not use A-Rod's years with the Rangers? Would have been a much stronger point

I don't see how that's a stronger point. It's an equal example (minus the roid usage), but not stronger.

And as far as Bautista pulling too much, when you hit close to 150 home runs and pushing 160 RBI in the last three years, you can hit to whatever part of the park you want!
Showing 1-15 of 37