ForumsWEPRDo you believe in Global warming?

81 31002
fireangle
fireangle
176 posts
Nomad

I personaly think the politics do talk about this to scare us. Everyone is worried about how to stop Global warming when what we should be more worried about wheather it is caused by man. I believe Global warming does exist but it is just natural cycle that the Earth's average temprature goes through. Earth naturally heats and cools as time goes on and I think we should except the change than rather stop it.

• 81 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Put it this way, it's no Venice or Maldives, but it's an island. We'll have no where to flee.

Bobthebest
Bobthebest
28 posts
Shepherd

I do not believe in Global Warming. However, I do believe in Global Climate change. The extreme temperatures are worse, and very little is still "Mild."
We do need to cut back on our CO2 emissions and transfer to green energy, but "Global Warming" is the wrong term for it.

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

Global Climate change.

Well,you could use that term too.'Global warming' is a word that people use.Ice is melting,level of water is rising.We need to start using electricity and we need to stop using coal.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

I do not believe in Global Warming. However, I do believe in Global Climate change. The extreme temperatures are worse, and very little is still "Mild."
We do need to cut back on our CO2 emissions and transfer to green energy, but "Global Warming" is the wrong term for it.

On average over time and space, though, climate is getting warmer. Extreme temperatures in both directions are probably just a phenomenon of the changing climate, the warming probably being the trigger.

We need to start using electricity

as soon as it is cleaner than coal, which, taking into account the pollution created to produce energy and the vast amounts of power needed to drive a car, is not yet the case. First we need to find more efficient technology. Else we'll end up spending all our money on prototypes.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

I don't know exactly, but we can take 2 more metres tops,

let us make some dikes for you. you can go take a extra 5 meters then
35% of my country is already under sealevel =)
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

First we need to find more efficient technology.

we can mod our nuclear power station to use helium-3.
we have the technology. the helium-3 is on the moon. we just have to get it over here.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

let us make some dikes for you. you can go take a extra 5 meters then
35% of my country is already under sealevel =)

Haha, when I'm in the government, I sure will!

But the Malaysians and Indonesians will just kick a ruckus. Apparently we 'damage' their marine territory (Yet they at the same time, do the same thing!)
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Haha, when I'm in the government, I sure will!

gimme a call when its time, i can make the contacts for you. =P
Bobthebest
Bobthebest
28 posts
Shepherd

We'll have no where to flee.

Yes we will. We have an entire universe to explore.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

He's talking short-term. The island may very well be flooded or dramatically reduced in a few decades.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

And this is why I often can't take the Americans I meet irl seriously.

gimme a call when its time, i can make the contacts for you. =P

Heehee, money making time!
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

i doubt we will ever get away from this solar system whit a possible destination in sight.

Heehee, money making time!

is this the call that your in the government? ^^
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

i doubt we will ever get away from this solar system whit a possible destination in sight.

It's not that we can't, it's just that such a thing would use up a ton of resources (basically a moving worldlet) and it would definitely be a one way trip consisting of generations of people trapped in a miniature biosphere...
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

It's not that we can't,

nope, but i doubt we will ever do it.
the fuel might even be the biggest problem here.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

the fuel might even be the biggest problem here.

Nuclear/solar power might work, but then there's food/water (I guess recycling waste could work), some type of ammunition for clearing space debris, medical supplies, repair supplies, etc that would need to last at least thousands of years.
Showing 61-75 of 81