ForumsPopular MediaBest Adult Animated Show

29 15721
ryan7g
ryan7g
478 posts
Shepherd

Pretty self explanatory.

Is it South Park? Family Guy?..Futurama? And why?

For me personally, I'd have to go with Family Guy. South Park's humor is a little ehh for me and I've never really been a huge fan of any other animated adult show. Family Guy's been going strong since the late 90's, I believe and Seth McFarlane is a comical genius. It's without a doubt my favorite animated show and one of my favorite shows in general.

• 29 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Either The Boondocks or Futurama. I stopped watching South Park years ago because it stopped being funny, and haven't seen a new Family Guy episode in a while.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Futurama. It's almost always funny and there's usually some sort of plot to each episode that isn't stupid.

I hate Family Guy. It's not funny 90% of the time, it's just a bunch of random stuff.

South Park is okay, sometimes the episodes are good and sometimes they're bad.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I like Family Guy; it's an utter mish mash of drift-less, incidental hilarity that just makes me burst out laughing for no good reason. Seth is such a talented voice actor.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Family Guy... South Park is just bad... And i've never seen Futurama. I love it when Seth does duets with himself though xD
Like Here.

Besch
Besch
37 posts
Scribe

I just dont like how Family guy is structured. They really pasting those silly scenes into each episodes so that I loose track about the story. Anyway, thats just a subjective opinion.

Southpark was really great in the early episodes. It also has the most meaningfull history of creation (one of the creator did witness the Columbine High School shooting so South Park basically is just a projection of "my ****ty redneck mountain town&quot. However, they got more and more boring but all the more violent/shocking. The season finale was just a mashup of the last happenings (Disney - Star Wars + US election). I hope they continue where they had left from earlier seasons.

Futurama is just the coolest stuff ever. Surely, its violent and unethical (mainly because of Bender) but you just ignore that somehow (or even laugh at it). The main thing I like are those built-in jokes primarly created for 5% of the viewers (e.g. physical references). On the other side the writers managed to create a very vivid world of the year 3000.

Demarius
Demarius
160 posts
Peasant

Family Guy is the best animated show out there. Everything else is just trying too hard with their vulgar comedy. Family Guy is funny and almost never in bad taste.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Everything else is just trying too hard with their vulgar comedy.

You don't think Family Guy is vulgar? Every episode I've seen has contained numerous sexual innuendos and swear words. I think Family Guy has the most nude or partially undressed character appearances out of the other top candidate shows listed.

almost never in bad taste.

It's a bunch of random occurrences that have little to no relevance to anything else in the show most of the time. It doesn't have taste, it's just a barrage of random things.

its violent and unethical

Both Family Guy and South Park are more violent in my experience.

As for the unethical...that's somewhat debatable. They resolve things in weird ways that are questionable but usually have a happy-ish ending.

South Park is the most bloody though, I'll give you that.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

It's a bunch of random occurrences that have little to no relevance to anything else in the show most of the time. It doesn't have taste, it's just a barrage of random things.

Remember the South Park episode with the manatees and Mohammad? That's how random the jokes can get.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Remember the South Park episode with the manatees and Mohammad? That's how random the jokes can get.

True, South Park can be pretty out there sometimes.

But, on the flipside, that was what, the 3rd or 4th episode of a series of episodes -about how Family Guy is random- and the manatees were the writers for it by selecting completely random balls? So that still had a plot..

I don't remember the Mohammad one off the top of my head so I can't say anything about that one.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

I don't remember the Mohammad one off the top of my head so I can't say anything about that one.

Scratch that, I just remembered why that was a 3-4 episode thing. Still, it wasn't all that random. South Park is more over the top than random.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

True, South Park can be pretty out there sometimes.

No no, meaning that Family Guy is random enough that ball picking manatees can siptit.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Script it.* Horrible horrible keyboard!

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

"aqua team hunger force" FTW!

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

aqua TEEN hunger force.

my bad.

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

Adventure Time is one of my favorite animated adult shows. There are a bunch of innuendos and very mature ideas in that show. It's great. I love it.

Showing 1-15 of 29