ForumsWEPRIs it OK to teach evolution in public schools?

364 121115
shortstopkid123
shortstopkid123
20 posts
Nomad

Many parents argue about schools teaching evolution. Creationalists do not support or believe in the theory of evolution. It goes against their beliefs. They do not believe it should be taught because it apposes many peoples' beliefs. Do you think that it should be taught?

Notes:
Lets try not point out certain religions. I am saying creationalists for a reason.

• 364 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

He does have a better didactic approach than me, at least. But that doesn't change the fact that you've shown absolutely no consideration for anything else up to that point. So please, in the future, independent of who posts something, at least look closer at what they're saying, instead of taking refuge in your bigotry at the slightest contradiction to your beliefs.

KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Oh believe me, I have tried to learn. Its just that all that you guys have said was either contradicting my religion, or just plain unbelievable for me. There are definitely things that you guys won't believe, just out of pure spite. We're humans, it's what we do.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I don't think its learning when one does not attempt to accept or understand something when it merely infringes upon his original beliefs.

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Its just that all that you guys have said was either contradicting my religion, or just plain unbelievable for me.

In other words, you only believe whatever you want to, regardless of evidence? You will never re-evaluate your beliefs when new information comes to light?

There are definitely things that you guys won't believe, just out of pure spite.

No there's not. If you can provide me with evidence for something and I can achieve those same results, I'd become open to the idea.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

No there's not. If you can provide me with evidence for something and I can achieve those same results, I'd become open to the idea.

quoting guys and giving out scientific "facts" aren't evidence to me. I can't prove God, but I was born with faith, so I don't have to see. If you don't have that faith, then you would only believe by being shown a miracle of some sort, am I right? We, as humans, need to see to believe.

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

quoting guys and giving out scientific "facts" aren't evidence to me.

This is the entire problem right here. You do not accept proof as proof. Thus, we literally have no way to prove anything to you. Please remove your blindfold and earplugs, then we may speak.

I can't prove God, but I was born with faith, so I don't have to see.

And this is why Creationism cannot be taught in science class.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

but I was born with faith, so I don't have to see.
We, as humans, need to see to believe.

Humans need to see to believe.
You don't have that need.
Therefore, you're not human. What are you?
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

giving out scientific "facts" aren't evidence to me.

only because you are not willing to think about the evidence given to you.
this is not our problem. it is your problem your that close minded.
and i hope for you that one day you are becoming willing to read and think about it. and not just discard it befor you have even taken a little peak in it.
and build up at least a basic understanding of what science is.

I can't prove God,

you can't prove god. then why do you want us to believe in it?
i can't prove the ninja turtles. but since they have been on tv. they must exist...... why dont you buy my story of ninja turtles existing? because i have no proof for it.
the same go's whit god. for us he is nothing more then a man made character to explain things people had no understanding of. (god did it.) but we do know the answers to most of those questions these days. and they dont point at magic from the sky.

I was born with faith, so I don't have to see.

dont you think the world will be a more beautiful place when you can see it whit your eye's open? do you really want to be blind?

If you don't have that faith, then you would only believe by being shown a miracle of some sort, am I right?

miracles dont happen so, no. when i c a "miracle" i know it's some trickery.
only when someone can prove it is really a miracle (shouldn't be that hard to prove for a omnipotent god) and no trickery. i start believing in some sort of higher power.
you can make me believe in anything. as long you come up whit proper evidence. (dont believe on 1st sight, use logic, check out sources, etc.)

I was born with faith, so I don't have to see.

We, as humans, need to see to believe.

so your not human? or something above human? you feel that way?
and yes, we need to see to believe. why dont you need to see?
the faith? is that what makes you possible to walk life blindly? is so, then thats all fine by me. but plz. know that you will be wrong very often.
you dont see after all. you walk blind on faith.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Humans need to see to believe.
You don't have that need.
Therefore, you're not human. What are you?

Sorry, if u aren't born with faith, a special knowledge of it, u need to see.

dont you think the world will be a more beautiful place when you can see it whit your eye's open? do you really want to be blind?

no dude, u don't get what i mean. (i forgot who I was dealing with) I meant I don't have to see proof of God.

i can't prove the ninja turtles. but since they have been on tv. they must exist...... why dont you buy my story of ninja turtles existing? because i have no proof for it.
I didn't say I didn't buy the story, in fact, I don't remember u talking about them at all. XD But listen buddy, I'm pretty sure they are just puppets, costumes, and cartoons, but i may be wrong.

miracles dont happen so, no.
Miracles do happen, and there is proof on the internet, in history books, and even all around you, in a common sense.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

Before we entertain this, please define faith, miracle, and proof so we're all on the same page.

KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Faith, in this sense, is the supernatural gift and virtue where we know, love, and serve God from pure senses and common belief. Miracle is a supernatural event occurring for the greater end of us, whether it be one of healing, overcoming trial, going against nature etc. proof is evidence to back up a belief. When I want proof, I want proof that I can see in my everyday life.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

supernatural gift

That means God's playing favorites. If you dare to say He's just, this goes directly against that notion.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

what on earth do you mean? Faith, Hope, and Charity are the 3 theological virtues. You would get them at baptism. If you want those, then follow the faith. It's not like I get paid for sitting around all day without a valid excuse. Does this make a boss unjust? XD silly boy

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

no dude, u don't get what i mean. (i forgot who I was dealing with) I meant I don't have to see proof of God.

i know what you mean... =)

but you dont see proof of god but do believe in it.
and you are not willing to look at proof contradicting whit you believe in god that has no proof.
so basically, your walking around blind.

at 1, you look at but there is nothing to see. the other, has allot to see but your willing to look.

I didn't say I didn't buy the story, in fact, I don't remember u talking about them at all. XD But listen buddy, I'm pretty sure they are just puppets, costumes, and cartoons, but i may be wrong.

i'm sorry, i think i went a bit to fast for you there.

it's a role game i'm doing there. i know you are not going to buy my claim that the ninja turtles exist. thats just logic. so i already got past that part and went on whit my explanation.
the same logic that i used in this example. and that you seem to be able of, because you indeed rejected the claim of existing ninja turtles.
that same logic we use on god. since there is no proof for gods existence. just like there is no proof for the existence of ninja turtles.

Miracles do happen, and there is proof on the internet, in history books, and even all around you, in a common sense.

if so, then it is very easy for you to give me this evidence of miracles, right?
if you could just give me this evidence. and it turns out to be actual miracles. then you've won my soul and i return back to believing in some sort of higher power. (easy as that.)

what on earth do you mean?

if god hands out faith to only some of humans. and we need faith to believe in hem. and we need to believe in him to not be send to hell. then god is playing favorite. what about a hindu? they never had the option to get his faith and will automatically be send to hell.
in other words. gandhi is send to hell because he had no faith in god.

You would get them at baptism.

i got baptized.... guess what?..... nothing happened/changed.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

i know you are not going to buy my claim that the ninja turtles exist. thats just logic.
because you indeed rejected the claim of existing ninja turtles.

I think he went with "it's possible" in saying "but i may be wrong."

that same logic we use on god. since there is no proof for gods existence. just like there is no proof for the existence of ninja turtles.

I'd point out that "absense of evidence isn't evidence of absense", but yes, the time to believe is when the evidence is sufficient, and not a second sooner.
Showing 286-300 of 364