ForumsThe TavernWinners of Game of the Year 2012

28 4299
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

The votes are in, and the Armor Games audience has spoken. The title of Best Game of 2012 goes to Infectonator 2. Congratulations to Toge Productions for making their adorable zombies eat our brains (and our hearts) to claim this prestigious title. We had many other amazing winners as well, here is the listâ¦.

http://armor.ag/GOTY2012Winners

• 28 Replies
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

Well, I'm not disappointed with the outcome even though I voted for The Last Stand.

What I will say is I think there were a couple of games that could've been there that weren't there.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I'm not too surprised not everyone likes the MMO games but it was quite amazing to see an MMO make it this far.

I think there were a couple of games that could've been there that weren't there.

Which one's foretell?
IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

I never really got into Infectonator. It was a fun game and all but I just didn't think it did anything to amaze me.

Regardless, it is obviously a well made game.

Xeromaus
Xeromaus
1 posts
Jester

i wouldn't call Infectonator 2 "well made" or even deserving of game of the year...but when you add a mobile version, things get popular fast. As far as an actual game of the year for this site, nothing touches dead zone.

Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

wow! I really thought Last Stand was going to win. Infectonator 2 is probably the best out of what was there, but I think their were some better games this year than it.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

As far as an actual game of the year for this site, nothing touches dead zone.

The Last Stand: Dead Zone wasn't very good, or at least from what I thought. It targeted an audience that was able to devote a large time to the game and solely the game. It wasn't a very good marketing idea considering AG is a website that mainly hosts games that can usually be finished in one sitting. The game itself was very frustrating: the mechanics were unconventional, it was repetitive, and it required the player to follow a set of ladder-steps in order to improve anything or at least do anything useful. The action was extremely boring. All you did was tell your guys where to walk and they handled everything else.

I guess the target audience would have liked it, but I can't see a very big audience for this type of game.
IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

but I can't see a very big audience for this type of game.

*cough* Con Artist fans *cough* me *cough*

Despite all of its mishaps I still enjoy the game but maybe that's because I'm a huge con artist fan boy.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

*cough* Con Artist fans *cough* me *cough*

Originally the series focused on shorter lengths, which has kind of flip-flopped.

I mean, I love the series, but the game mechanics require a different audience than what it previously had.
dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

I have to agree with Salvidian. Just went to check out the game since I haven't been here for about 2 years, and I was a little disappointed. Sure, I like that kind of game, I even played The Godfather for a while which was similar (or similar to the little time I just played Dead Zone). However, The Last Stand series, though totally up for evolution, completely changed with this new game. Not saying I hate it, but I again agree with Salvidian in that AG is more for games that don't go on indefinitely.

boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

Thought it was interesting both games in the finals were zombie games

MrStealth
MrStealth
151 posts
Peasant

i really want DZ to win but i dont care

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I'm happy Jacksmith won it's category. Infectonator 2 is fun as well.
For once, you get to play the zombies instead of killing them. xD

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Yeah, zombies were sooooo 2012. What's this year, mummies?

MrStealth
MrStealth
151 posts
Peasant

@SSTG i feel the same way

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Don't give them any ideas, that's just zombies wrapped in toilet paper anyways.

Showing 1-15 of 28