ForumsThe TavernIn a zombie apocalypse, what weapons would you have and why?

60 12493
GrandmaTaco
GrandmaTaco
1 posts
Nomad

Machete for close combat, Silenced pistol for medium range, Crossbow because it's ****ing awesome and doesn't attract more zombies. Assault rifle for backup

• 60 Replies
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

*sigh* Lets not get into detail. A rather large truck with explosives rigged in the back. Kill as many zombies that Killersup can with his shotty, and drive into the middle of zombie town. Then blow Killersup and most of the zombies to smithereens.

IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

R.I.P Killersup

Being serious though, you may have killed all the zombies in zombie town but zombieville still has a lot.

Anyway, I'd probably feel too guilty knowing that I'm killing a real person (even if they are a zombie) so I'd probably just use a pistol like you but only when I am desperate. However, silenced pistols still make a lot of noise though so I'd probably use it sparingly.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Machete for close combat

It's alright..if you are going to face 1 or 2 zombies. 3 or more and you are dead..machetes are hacking weapons..meaning they will get stuck..very easily.

My preference..3 katanas (2 for combat..one just in case)..and 2 pistols just in case

Katanas are the best choice for a non-projectile weapon..as they are meant to slice..and are meant to slice humans. Great decapitation weapons..only problem would be it dulling over time..but I know how to sharpen blades so I'm good on that
Raispeed55
Raispeed55
233 posts
Nomad

Maybe a machete,and of course a shotgun.
You don't need explanation to know why I would use It.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

I love how people are saying &quotistol" or "shotgun". This isn't a video game: there are many different types of weapons in those categories.

lol @ katanas being the best choice for melee weapons. I don't know what kind of weeaboo information you're reading, but katanas aren't magic. It would be an adequate weapon at best. At worst it's a single-edged curved blade without any of the benefits of such and all of the drawbacks. Honestly the machete is a better option for its utilitarian value.

Really, this thread is filled with people whose choices are informed solely by the media and have no understanding of/have given little thought to their weapon choice.

I'd take no weapons and do as well as pretty much anyone else though, because zombies would pose absolutely no threat. The police and military would deal with any large numbers of them that existed.

IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

I get that you don't like our choices, but do you have to be such an elitist about the whole thing?

It makes you come off as very arrogant, so just leave that out of your post.

Raispeed55
Raispeed55
233 posts
Nomad

zombie apocalypse

apocalypse

APOCALYPSE

There are few police In the apocalypse,and even If you find one he will probably not be able to kill a entire horde of them.
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Machete wont hurt the Zombie. What would you do, cut his head? Lets bet you wont be able to cut a cooked chicken in half with it. it will be like that -

You strike the zombie. The machete enter his flesh like butter but then stop on his limbs.

Zemebaya turn! Zombie use bite/scratch/growl! your dead/in big ****. You lost.

Firstly, killing a zombie is not always the best idea. Its will tire you up and melee is very very dangeruse. also shooting, its not like there are crates of ammo everywher.

But if i should choose, ill go on a mace. Its easy to use, it wont get stuck in a zombie like a knife/sword, and there are less chance ill cut myself {remmeber, zombie blood is bad for you too!}.

for range its dosent matter, cuz ill use it only in imergencies.

You are trying to survive, not trying to level up or go on a crusade.

xxBoogeymaNxx
xxBoogeymaNxx
83 posts
Nomad

lol @ katanas being the best choice for melee weapons. I don't know what kind of weeaboo information you're reading, but katanas aren't magic. It would be an adequate weapon at best. At worst it's a single-edged curved blade without any of the benefits of such and all of the drawbacks

A katana is the deadliest sword in history both for it's versatility in a range of situations and it's effectiveness as well as because it's light-weight. It has been proven to easily be able to cut a human in half, assuming you get a real one and not one of those cheap replicas, so why would it not be a good weapon in the event of a zombie apocalypse?

And as for my personal choice in the case of an imminent zombie apocalypse, the weapons I would choose to defend myself would be a 5 pound single-handed sledgehammer, a military-grade bowie knife, and a pistol. (preferably one larger than a 9mm) I would love a Desert Eagle but .50 cal. ammo would be very difficult to find xD

I would choose the sledgehammer both because it would have enough blunt force in a hit to the skull that it would crack it, and because I could break things with it easily if I had to. The bowie knife would be good because of the length of the blade is long enough to hit the brain if I were to stab it upwards through the jaw. I want a pistol for obvious reasons, preferring it to be over 9mm to have a greater chance of it piercing the skull though a 9mm in most cases should do the job.
GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

Two Uzi guns.They are useful in those cases.If I get out off ammo,I will switch them for an AK-47.For close combat,I could use the bayonet.I know it was used in 18th century,but it still has a knife on the top,and if case if a zombie is too tough,bullet is gonna work with that.If it happens in a distant future,I would use a rail gun or a laser gun.But,a zombocalypse isn't going to happen,so I'm living without any worries.

Exire
Exire
5 posts
Peasant

knife with a good grip for fast quiet take downs

a pistol with a silencer and a pouch for ammo for it

and of course the classic baseball bat as a last resort

SaifurRahman
SaifurRahman
70 posts
Blacksmith

I would use...
1.Tanto, 2.Silenced Five Seven w/Armor Piercing Rounds, 3.Silenced MK14 w/Hybrid Sight and Grenade Launcher, 4.Silenced Barrett 50.cal,

5.A TANK!

SaifurRahman
SaifurRahman
70 posts
Blacksmith

Quiet, loud, and all pack a punch.

idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

Knives dont need reloading.

must i say more?

xxBoogeymaNxx
xxBoogeymaNxx
83 posts
Nomad

1.Tanto, 2.Silenced Five Seven w/Armor Piercing Rounds, 3.Silenced MK14 w/Hybrid Sight and Grenade Launcher, 4.Silenced Barrett 50.cal,

Someone has been playing a bit too much CoD :P

5.A TANK!

Where would you get the shells required for it?

Quiet, loud, and all pack a punch.

Hmmm quiet but loud xD
Showing 1-15 of 60