ForumsPopular MediaAnime and Manga

141 61535
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

I didn't really search cause I'm too lazy to see if this type of thread exists but what the hell..

Anyways, I really love anime and manga. Right now I'm watching a few currently.. My favorite one at the moment is One Piece though. I always laid it off to the side cause it never really caught my attention, until recently. Now I know why it has been going on for so long now.

Basically I made this for people who love anime and manga to discuss and talk about everything anime.

So anyways my favorite anime of all time would probably include a few; Bleach, Death Note, FMA: Brotherhood, H.O.T.D., etc.

I would add some older ones too but meh. Btw this isn't just to talk about your favorite anime or whatever, you can discuss about them too.

• 141 Replies
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

I believe it will ultimately be a romance, with war and economics as just a backdrop.

That's fine, I like romance genre in anime. Kind of like SAO. I do hope it has some action in it as well as some comic relief every now and then. I like fantasy anime as well, so it fits nicely.
rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

I second that recommendation. Clannad is one of the few shows, anime or otherwise, that has made me tear up for episodes. In retrospect, the first season wasn't really THAT great (better-than-average harem, to be honest), but the second season, After Story, is indeed a masterpiece. Only problem with it was the ending, which was, in my opinion, a massive trolling on its viewers. But some people thought it was the best way to end the series. Either way, the rest of After Story is brilliant.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Have you ever watched Clannad?

Nope, I'll take a look at it. Thanks.

I second that recommendation.

That settles it.. xD
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Wow I didn't think this would die out tbh. I stopped watching anime and reading manga for a while since I've been busy but I'm gonna get back into it soon.

Grael6774
Grael6774
139 posts
Nomad

I've seen SAO, Guilty Crown, HotD, Bleach, Dragonball Z, Accel World, Kimi ni Todoke, Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, Trigun, and Fullmetal Alchemist (including Botherhood).

I'm currently watching Gungrave and Watch To Aru Kagaku no Railgun (ep1 for now) and currently reading 3x3 Eyes. hehe..

Any recommendations?

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Code Geass, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Shakugan no Shana fit in very well with the genre of anime you listed.

Grael6774
Grael6774
139 posts
Nomad

I've finished Yu Yu Hakusho. Code Geass is on my "to finish" list as of the moment. Haven't found time to finish it because of reliving the good old days of Gundam Wing. hahaha

I might try Shakugan no Shana. Thanks for the recommendations.

Jblaze101
Jblaze101
513 posts
Peasant

I watched some animes and they are Zoids, Full Metal Alchemist, Bleach, Ravemaster, Gantz, Samurai Champloo, Fist of the North Star, One Piece, Basically all of the Dragon ball series, Yuyu Hakusho, Kekkashi, S-cry-Ed,Samurai X (or Kenshin of that nature), Blue Dragon, FairyTail, Inuyasha (cant stand that show as of now), and Soul eater but I did leave a few out since I cant remember the names

dr_doughnut
dr_doughnut
72 posts
Nomad

My favorite has to be Hetalia, I pretty much like all the seasons, especially the new season The Beautiful World. I haven't read the manga yet, but I plan on starting it soon.
I also watch Naruto (everyone always says how cliche it is but idc), Kuro****suji (Black Butler), Fruits Basket, The Prince of Tennis, Sengoku Basara Samurai Kings, Ouran High School Host Club, and a bit of Hellsing.
I pretty much read the manga if they were available. There might be a few more and I just kind of forgot about them.
Personally, I prefer to read manga because I can pretty much do it whenever I want to, or because it takes me less time to read than to actually watch.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

Manga over anime* You don't add an s to them if they're plural. Just so you know in the future

no, i meant animes. not plural. the only animes i watch are mostly movies.

Rule of thumb for fillers: If you couldn't tell it was a filler, it was good (you mostly only find out if you go and read the manga and find that that never happened...).

the problem is that i read the mangas so i know when i see a filler...

Well, I currently watched over 700 anime and read twice as much manga...I believe I passed the borders of an otaku and became a God.

only 700? i am glad that i live in a dimension without time...i watched over a million different animes and i read thrice as much manga...
TheGenovesan
TheGenovesan
65 posts
Nomad

I can't believe I have never seen this thread before. I watch and read a lot of anime and manga, although it seems that no-one I know is into anime/manga at all. I enjoyed stuff like death note, SAO, beelzebub, naruto, one piece, hayate no gotoku and a couple others. Anyone know a good anime/manga similar-ish to these?

no, i meant animes. not plural. the only animes i watch are mostly movies.

I'm pretty sure that it is only anime no matter how you're using it.
Looks like there's a large amount of people on this forum who watch/read anime/manga. Yay.
Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

I tend to read a lot of manga and if you were to ask what I'm currently right now, you'll get a really long list. As for anime, I have watched SAO, Accel World, Fairy Tail, Bleach, Btooom! and Mirai Nikki. I'm trying to watch Shakugan no Shana, Code Geass, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagen and Oreimo but I haven't found the time to watch them yet. Feel free to recommend some animes to me.

Anyway, I thought I'll come here and ask you guys what new animes are you going to watch in the Spring Season?

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I've just started into this whole world of stuff, and so far I have to say Hetalia. I haven't watched anything else yet [which is why Hetalia is my favorite], so recommendations for funny animes would be appreciated.

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

so recommendations for funny animes would be appreciated.

Dog Days, Hayate no Gotoku, Nagasarete Airantou, R-15, and Zero no Tsukaima all focus on comedy and I laughed while watching them.

I don't usually enjoy pure comedy though, and all of those follow a semblance of a plot. Having never watched Hetalia, I can't say whether they're similar or not.
TheGenovesan
TheGenovesan
65 posts
Nomad

I've just started into this whole world of stuff, and so far I have to say Hetalia. I haven't watched anything else yet [which is why Hetalia is my favorite], so recommendations for funny animes would be appreciated

I would have to agree with kasic's suggestions. I also recently found an anime/manga that made me laugh heaps called Gintama, which I would definitely reccomend.
Showing 106-120 of 141