ForumsPopular MediaAnime and Manga

141 61716
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

I didn't really search cause I'm too lazy to see if this type of thread exists but what the hell..

Anyways, I really love anime and manga. Right now I'm watching a few currently.. My favorite one at the moment is One Piece though. I always laid it off to the side cause it never really caught my attention, until recently. Now I know why it has been going on for so long now.

Basically I made this for people who love anime and manga to discuss and talk about everything anime.

So anyways my favorite anime of all time would probably include a few; Bleach, Death Note, FMA: Brotherhood, H.O.T.D., etc.

I would add some older ones too but meh. Btw this isn't just to talk about your favorite anime or whatever, you can discuss about them too.

• 141 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Gintama

Ah, this one. From what I saw, it makes fun of a lot of other anime. I've been holding off on it so I'll get the references.
rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

If we're talking about pure comedies, Azumanga Daioh and Nichijou are two of the funniest I've seen. They're probably the only anime that have actually made me laugh on a consistent basis.

Hyakko and SKET Dance (which is heavily influenced by Gintama) are also solid titles, though, in my opinion, they're more amusing than they are funny. They also have more serious moments interspersed.

For more abstract and/or "mature" comedies, Detroit Metal City (which is sometimes favorably compared to Metalocalypse), Cromartie High School, and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei are classics.

This is a pretty good blog post to reference for more, though a caveat: some of the anime in the list aren't truly comedies. The comments also give additional titles.

TheGenovesan
TheGenovesan
65 posts
Nomad

Ah, this one. From what I saw, it makes fun of a lot of other anime. I've been holding off on it so I'll get the references.

Yea, that's true, it does make quite a few references to other anime(which can be really funny as long as you've watched the mentioned anime) but as long as you've seen a fair few of the popular ones(Death note, one piece, that kind of popular anime/manga) then you'll understand most of it.
ChiakixSama
ChiakixSama
9 posts
Nomad

Anime and manga is very important to me. I feel like it is so. . .stereotyped against, I guess that is a way to put it (correct me if that is the wrong way to put it)? When I say "I like anime." people automatically say "You are a pervert." or "You are weird" or "Weaboo alert!" Which offends me. I guess people only take things for what a few make them out to be. Yes, I am aware some anime are like that. But in all honesty can people really say that is all to anime? I always seem to experience this and I wonder if many others have had the same experience?
My favorite happens to be Hetalia. If i listed all the ones I did like, it would take way too long. So far right now I am reading: Say I love you, Kami-sama Hajimema****e, Soul eater, Black Butler, History's strongest disciple kenichi, Vampire Knight, Skipã»Beat!, Heart no Kuni no Alice, and like I said, the list goes on and on.

rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

Anime and manga certainly have a particular stigma attached to them, but I don't mind it. Stereotypes pervade all facets of life anyway.

Anyway, I'm watching Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom at the moment. Pacing's been a bit slow so far, since the first few episodes have mostly been "training" episodes. But it's shown glimpses of promise plot-wise, so I'm hoping it'll pick up and get into the meat of the story soon.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

i dont enjoy comedy animes much but theres one that made me laugh plenty of times (not sure if it was mentioned already). its ranma 1/2. if im not wrong its pretty famous so you wont have troubles finding it. its pretty random and stupid.

and a specific fruits basket episode and those of you who watched that anime would know exactly which one XP

Secretmapper
Secretmapper
1,748 posts
Nomad

Loved: Clannad, Steins:Gate, Code Geass, Death note

TheGenovesan
TheGenovesan
65 posts
Nomad

Anime and manga is very important to me. I feel like it is so. . .stereotyped against.

It is definitely stereotyped against, and way more than most things mostly because people just assume it's all ultra perverted.

I began watching code geass, and finished the first 25 episodes in 2 days. I think it's pretty obvious that i'm really enjoying it.
rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

I recently finished Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom and Ga-Rei Zero. Both are great, character-driven anime, but I especially recommend Ga-Rei: Zero. It's one of the most touching, albeit tragic, anime I've seen in a while, at least in my opinion. It also has some very nicely animated action scenes.

Jblaze101
Jblaze101
513 posts
Peasant

What happened to the other post of anime?

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

hmmm... ive thought of starting to watch higurashi but i know its really dark and psychological and idk if id react well to that XP

ive watched elfen lied which people online said was more gory (there were parts that were difficult for me to watch but ive managed XP) but less psychologicaly disturbing then higurashi.

samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

I'm a bit o a fan of "FMA:brotherhood" I love "bleach" and "Naruto" Is pretty cool
I always thought "cowboy bebop" was great I loved the quotes (hint hint check for cowboy bebop quote in the Politics, and religion forum under my newest thread) One of my all time Favorites was "Dead Man Wonderland" which happend to be a disgusting ungodly sinful gore fest of a tv show. Another jewel of an anime was fruitsbasket. A quick favor does anyone know of a sort investigative show about some kids that were about 15 or 16 any way I remember the kids were some kind of different race or something and these guys went around hunting them I remember my favorite character happened to be a redheaded homicidal genuis with large very reflective glasses.He crafted overly complicated puzzles, riddles, and traps as if Jigsaw and Riddler had a baby and I know that there was alot of stuff about an iris if this sounds famaliar please tell because it was my favorite anime but I was so young when I watched it I cant remember much.

TheGenovesan
TheGenovesan
65 posts
Nomad

I've recently started watching attack on titan, which so far is an amazing anime and I've enjoyed every minute of it. I'd heavily recommend watching it but a word of warning, it's pretty dark and fairly violent, so not for people who can't handle a bit of gore.

clhkph
clhkph
121 posts
Blacksmith

I watched more than 20 anime(/mes?) but I don't really have one favorite, but I really liked Tsubasa: Tokyo Revelations, which is an OVA/OAV
(i'm not sure what the difference is). You won't really get the story unless you watch the first one though.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Well since I'm kind of back for the moment, might as well bring this back up.

After I left Ag I've still had some spare time to watch anime, though manga was kind of out of the picture since it's more time consuming. Anyways, currently I'm watching Fairy Tale which I always held back to watch. It's pretty good so far and I can't stop watching it.

Some other anime I'm watching are:
-Highschool DxD
-Code Geass
-Blue Exorcist (Trying to finish it up)
-Attack on Titan
-One Piece
-To Love-Ru
-Beelzebub
-Yu-Sibu (Just recently started watching)

I should really trying finish some of the shorter ones first I think.. But I like them all tbh.

Showing 121-135 of 141