ForumsWEPRMyspace

22 4197
EL_Dyablo_666
EL_Dyablo_666
579 posts
Nomad

There are many people in Myspace that are posing to be teenagers in the site but tend to be an older man or woman that are luring young people into being their friend and bringing them to their house and this may lead to rape if someone doesn't do something to stop it.

What do you think should be done.

• 22 Replies
Wittman
Wittman
318 posts
Nomad

I think that people shouldnt be able to goive out the myspace page unless they want to be banned.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

That is a pretty strict policy, Wittman. If we are only speaking about AG, then I think we should encourage the younger members to only give out their myspace to the members they have grown to know on the site.

KingofSleeping
KingofSleeping
423 posts
Nomad

Yes that is what they should do well I rearely add to my friends list as you might see.

Wittman
Wittman
318 posts
Nomad

Okay okay okay. Maybe you can give it to your friends but you would have to be carful, your "friends" could be 50 y/o freak-o's

KingofSleeping
KingofSleeping
423 posts
Nomad

Yes Wittman that would be better.

Wittman
Wittman
318 posts
Nomad

Woot, score one for Wittman. Okay, I think he got these problem sovled.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

That is, of course, a serious issue about the internet. Unfortunately, one cannot stop another from giving out anything. Restricting people usually don't work well. I think awareness is the best route to take.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

Parents need to teach their children internet safety just like they would teach them street safety.
Children get molested because either they're just ignorant of the situation, the parents are uninvolved, or the kid is just stupid. It blows my mind that kids end up in situations like this, especially at such young ages!
Being careful online has very simple rules to follow, just like being careful anywhere else and placing sanctions on MySpace or whatever to curb people's stupidity doesn't really solve the problem.
I see people on this site who readily give out their phone number, what school they go to, heck why not mail the person a picture with your address and a list of fears?
If a parent can't keep their child safe while they're sitting at home on the computer, then that probably means they're simply using the computer as a baby sitter.

Killer_Logic
Killer_Logic
11 posts
Nomad

I think awareness is the best route to take.

I wholeheartedly agree.
We can't stop people from giving out their myspace. It's just not possible.
We also can't prevent people from being creepy and posing as teenagers.
Therefore, awareness is the best way to go. Making sure children don't just give out their myspaces randomly, and making sure kids KNOW not to give out their myspaces to people they don't really know.
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

I learned this from my girlfriend who is getting her Ph.D. in health promotion that scare tactics NEVER work. Awareness always brings better results.

Devil_may_cry
Devil_may_cry
130 posts
Nomad

its like a gun its up to u how to use it and when... my space is a good way to keep in toch with friends around the world in this busy life... but some peaple fuck this good idea and make it a bad name... but that is a nutral thing.

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Children should understand what kinds of dangers and people their are on MySpace. Once thei was on the News of someone , I forgot what he was doing and it was on Myspace and the parents we're arguing.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Well on all social networking sites you have an option to only let your friends view your page. I used to have that so i wouldnt get paedos writing on my wall on facebook.

boalx
boalx
74 posts
Nomad

only let people you know on and ask if it IS their actual myspace that u added

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

This does not belong in this section of the forums. It should be in the tavern. A mod needs to block this.

Showing 1-15 of 22