ForumsThe Tavern{ans}Better pack my bags now

33 8159
GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

Well,we all know some of the members left AG,I will be one of those.Like I said,this "Quests" thingy is giving me a headache and there aren't AP anymore and I can't unlock anymore.I just unlocked bad armatars and I'm getting kinda bored of AG.And there's two crutial things too,school and stuff.
I know there aren't many my quotes,so here's a one quote:
[i]You get AG account once,you live your life several times(Reincarnation guys,Reincarnation) but all humans have a common thing,we all do something till the that day when you say:"It's enough.".Everlasting rainbow starts to fade,the darkest parts of the planet are suddenly colurful and oldest people are energetic.We only have one AG,one Kongregate,one Newgrounds and one Miniclip,but they all have the same thing,they don't last forever."-Your beloved Gandalf.Bye guys!But it all isn't black,I'll sometimes check what you're doing,you know,to check what's cookin'.

• 33 Replies
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

I can't even go past Silver Lord now? Greeeeeeaaaaaaat...-_-

I feel the same way. Silver is probably the worst to end on, because it feels like that rank was half-***ed. Luckily, they kept my semi-massive post count, so I seem to stand out more compared to most users.

Besides. We are a couple hundred where several hundred-thousands are for playing the game

I wonder, how has overall forum activity changed since Quests? And in what sections (WEPR, AMW, S&S...)? Because it doesn't seem like there's anything to bring in new users (and keep old ones here), other than confusion about the new setup.

but eventually there will be some sort of new AP system anyway so I don't see why you're so upset.

If it will be solely from game-based quests, then that does next to nothing for me. I got 60% of my old AP from posts alone.

Plus, I think they're adding a reputation system soon because all those armatars would then go to waste.

Didn't Ferret say they're opening them all to everyone? I guess they're still deciding.
leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

I can't confirm but I believe ages ago (a year or so) they were talking about a reputation system instead of AP and also a different one for quests. I had guessed it would be pretty much a more well thought out version of AP so merits give more than four times of what they do now.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

I remember when someone got dangerously close to him and he spammed the entire site, his comments were everywhere.

It happened more than once. In fact, the only "#1 user" I know who hasn't attempted to damage the site with spam is the one who was there the longest, firetail_madness.

AP was the source of much desire and grief. Funnily enough it was many of the veterans from the Klaus era who agreed that it was a significant problem, but as the years went on, we all kind of stopped caring about it.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

I wanted to become at least a Gold Lord. This is an unfortunate turn of events. I hope they give us something akin to it, or just get rid of these ranks entirely and use the forum as a proper forum.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Honestly, I'm glad AP is gone.

It was frustrating to see people who actually played the games and had thoughtful posts appear as users who didn't go on the site often and didn't contribute because they didn't accumulate points from messages and spam commenting. While spammers and kids who just click the ratings button looked like decorated heroes.

I personally tried to play and rate all the games. Starting from the older games and going to the newer. It would literally take hours to play the through a page of games. I had to play the games, rate them, and then write a 5 to 8 sentence review. It took a long time. Then I would see all sorts of new users, who hadn't been on the site more than a few months, with every single game rated. My only reaction is that there is no possible way, unless you were so dedicated to play on the site all day long every day.

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

I wasn't particularly fond of AP either, but I really couldn't ever take it as a personal offence when I saw people getting huge amounts of points with ratings and comments (keep in mind that most of those were not necessarily "spam", but just friend chatter, you know, like 99% of real life conversations). I mean, who the hell cares abou reputation systems? So I'm not that worried about the changes in those. What I really consider a drop in the site's quality, is the graphical aspect of it all. The former rank symbols were well done, they looked nice next to poster names, which look depressingly empty in the new design, and they gave a stylish look to user profiles, which are now completely ridicolous.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

It wasn't the comments, because like you said chatting with friends over messages would add that up a lot. It was the game ratings. Some people legitimately played and rated all the games. But you could tell some people where just rating rapid fire.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

I'm getting kinda bored of AG.

You've been here for less than a month, get over yourself.

And there's two crutial things too,school and stuff.

I probably manage way more than you and still manage to get on AG.

Your beloved Gandalf.

I don't even know you ._. I only saw you in the FG.

If you have access to all of them it's not as much fun.

You're completely right about this. I unlocked them all and never changed. .-.

Special Armatars (seasonal, fan-made, etc) should be freely available

No. Not the old ones >

[quote]Now now. I hate the quest system as much as the next person, but it's nothing to really get excited over. It's not like the admins care about what the community regulars think. We're not the ones they're trying to please.

Yeah, it's not like this Quest system is a beta and will change exponentially in the later months, either! Down with the admins! They don't have a pool of veterans to seek recommendations! They don't like us!

Besides. We are a couple hundred where several hundred-thousands are for playing the game, who contribute to the site's traffic far more than we do.[/quote]

Ahh. So much Sarcasm!

I can't even go past Silver Lord now? Greeeeeeaaaaaaat...-_-
I might follow in Gandalf's steps soon.

To be honest, I find this funny. That silver lord you were doesn't exist anymore, therefore you have no rank Only in memory.

If it will be solely from game-based quests, then that does next to nothing for me. I got 60% of my old AP from posts alone.

Yeah. Well, they could also give some sort of points from merits. Other than that, you're screwed. xD

I can't confirm but I believe ages ago (a year or so) they were talking about a reputation system instead of AP and also a different one for quests.

That was when cormyn was here. They haven't said anything about it yet. (The recent admins I mean)

AP was the source of much desire and grief. Funnily enough it was many of the veterans from the Klaus era who agreed that it was a significant problem, but as the years went on, we all kind of stopped caring about it.

THIS.. So much of this.

Okay this post is long.. o.o
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

To be honest, I find this funny. That silver lord you were doesn't exist anymore, therefore you have no rank Only in memory.

And the huge badge, on a line of which that takes up a fair fraction of my new profile. Have you looked at the profiles recently?

I probably manage way more than you and still manage to get on AG.

I trust you know him in person then?

No. Not the old ones >

How about your own personal armatar? Oh, ya, that makes too much sense.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

So you don't like the quests. Shame. K bye.
That's all I have to say. I mean...... Come on what else is there to say? I could start a religious argument about the reincarnation bit....

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

And the huge badge, on a line of which that takes up a fair fraction of my new profile. Have you looked at the profiles recently?

Yes.. Look at mine. Lol. But these are legacy quests.. which is basically the same thing as a memory.

I trust you know him in person then?

I did say ''robably''.

How about your own personal armatar? Oh, ya, that makes too much sense.

Lolwut?
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Lolwut?

The idea of having an armatar that you upload, something nearly all other forums have caught up on.
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

The idea of having an armatar that you upload, something nearly all other forums have caught up on.

They could do this. But it's been suggested many times and it's been rejected.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

Bye dear Gandalf, tell Samwise he's an idiot for me!

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

*trolls* You've been Punk'd guys!XDDDDD.I was just kiding.Bazinga!BOOYAH!

Showing 16-30 of 33