ForumsNews and FeedbackGenders

33 14080
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

What happened to the old "X is a [male/female] in [place]"?
Without ranks anymore (Lord/Lady, Duke/Dutchess, Prince/Princess, King/Queen), it can be difficult to determine the gender of a user and assumptions are made, especially by/of new users. Can there be an icon option somewhere so we don't need to guess?

• 33 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

it can be difficult to determine the gender of a user and assumptions are made, especially by/of new users. Can there be an icon option somewhere so we don't need to guess?

Don't want Kasic to be called a girl again now do we =p haha

But this shouldn't be too much of a problem for the awesome team Ferret and the Ferrettes! Even just a simple gender symbol under the name should be sufficient (for now..)
leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

team Ferret and the Ferrettes

I really hope we're not seriously considering that name. -_-

Also, I think someone is forgetting rule 37. There are no girls on the internet. They're only people from real life visiting... or spies.

In all serious though, it doesn't make a difference. A girl serf is no different from a boy serf. I don't think many of the titles are actually gender unlocks. At estimate I would guess around 4 have genders.
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Don't want Kasic to be called a girl again now do we =p haha

Actually, that's FAR from the first time someone has thought I was a girl. I guess either my name seems like a girl's name or the manner in which I speak seems feminine...Either way, I can't think of a place I've used this username and not had someone assume I was a girl.

I really hope we're not seriously considering that name. -_-

I propose, "Ferret the Ferrous" or the coverse, "Ferrous Ferret." I think it fits the theme or Armor Games :P

In all serious though, it doesn't make a difference.

It doesn't really, but it's kind of a mainstay to have in a bio or profile.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Even just a simple gender symbol under the name should be sufficient (for now..)

Yeah, that's a good idea pang. (Of course, pang is never satisfied. He wants something EPIC to denote what gender someone is.)

Actually, that's FAR from the first time someone has thought I was a girl. I guess either my name seems like a girl's name or the manner in which I speak seems feminine...

OH Kasic! You're so adorable!! Kiss me now!! *MUAH!!* oh... You're a guy? (Now this is an awkward situation.)

I can't think of a place I've used this username and not had someone assume I was a girl.

I looked up Kasic in Google, and the first result was this guy on Wikipedia. I don't know why someone would assume you're a girl... You're too crudely developed for something like that to be believable.
shanke
shanke
67 posts
Blacksmith

There should be genders in Armor games so that people will know if your a boy or a girl especially if your using a alias like a neutral name it can be a boy's or a girl's name

bob5442
bob5442
35 posts
Blacksmith

bring back the ranks that-way you can tell.

shanke
shanke
67 posts
Blacksmith

@bob5442 there is a topic about bring back the ranks

FireGoth
FireGoth
9 posts
Peasant

This isn't a dating site, It's called asking if you really need to know so badly.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Gender will make it back to your profile sometime in the future. Just not any time soon.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Well if that's the case, shouldn't gender also include "intersex" and "other" for those who are neither male nor female? :P

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Well if that's the case, shouldn't gender also include "intersex" and "other" for those who are neither male nor female? :P

You're right Strop, we shouldn't discriminate.

I propose, "Ferret the Ferrous" or the coverse, "Ferrous Ferret." I think it fits the theme or Armor Games :P

I like it..Ferrous Ferret has had enough iron in HIS diet, and can take on any problem!

To the topic, isn't it more fun with that mystery, anyway? :P
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Is the pony making trouble again?

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I think he just like causing trouble. Seems like his thing to do. Blamed Zoph for the F-bomb and all that. If that hadn't been solved we could just assume everyone was a girl.

But really, boy and girl would be fine. You are probably closer to one then the other.
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Yes and no. The comment itself was tongue in cheek but I think there's a legitimate request in there. If you wanted me to elaborate I could but you'd have to delve into a long dissertation on the fundamental problems of dichotomous gender identity in modern society.

You are probably closer to one then the other.

Probably, yes. Always? No. And there are those who would prefer not to say, and there are those who would prefer to say "other", and there are those who are truly hermaphrodites. What they wish to declare themselves is up to them, if they had sufficient choice at hand.
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

I'm well aware of what you mean Strop, and I'm not dismissing it. I'd think it would be most appropriate to have a "neither" option. Or maybe one person could switch it based on how they felt.

Or maybe we just include "Sushi Cat" as a gender option. Let's be honest, that's how I feel mostly.

Showing 1-15 of 33