Farmer

Too excited... must share news...

We have a new moderator on our hands.

• 63 Replies
dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Yes! Another artistic mod. I hope modly duties don't distract from current art output Good luck with the power you now have. Don't let it consume you!

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Second..whether they meant it or not..this is also a great strategical move for AG. Before, all the mods had a pretty large count on posts..which could give new users a false thought that to be a mod you have to have a lot of posts and be around the site a lot. With kega as a mod (sub 500 post count) it throws a wrench into that thought process and shows that it isn't the activity that counts..but the maturity

The how to become a moderator thread (I think the help page as well) does mention being a consistent member of the site for 12-18 months and having a minimum amount of games rated, comments, and forum posts. They don't quantify those numbers, but how they wrote it out makes it sound like a lot more than ~500 for community participation.

As for the "maturity" part (quotes because they seem to define maturity by 18+ in the moderator thread), that probably made the decision. I mostly saw her(?) in the AMW posting drawings and I don't think that's enough to make a decision on "maturity", but after browsing for a few minutes it seems like the conversations between her(?) and MrDayCee made it. She(?) mentions being in her(?) late 20's and they seem to chat a lot off-site.

Either way, it's always nice to have new/more moderators (especially one who can draw so well, they may ask her(?) to make armatars...). It also shows that they still care for the community.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Who gives a flipstick about the so called criteria? They pick who they want.

KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

The fun thing about guidelines is that they aren't set in stone to begin with. So there's really no need to pull out a checklist every time a new person gets promoted.

Although the last two additions make me wonder if they've decided on having more subforum specific mods instead of a few global mods.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Who gives a flipstick about the so called criteria?

So there's really no need to pull out a checklist every time a new person gets promoted.

I just think this choice is interesting. With MrDayCee we knew it was going to happen because he was the &quoterfect" candidate, but this one seems random to me.
Although the last two additions make me wonder if they've decided on having more subforum specific mods instead of a few global mods.

I think the latest two are in Europe if that's what you mean.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

What difference does it make knowing or not knowing the reasons why they picked someone to become a moderator? The administrators obviously know who the best choice is, and we just have to hope that they didn't alter their standards.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

I just think this choice is interesting. With MrDayCee we knew it was going to happen because he was the &quoterfect" candidate, but this one seems random to me

She's just that good.
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I just think this choice is interesting. With MrDayCee we knew it was going to happen because he was the &quoterfect" candidate, but this one seems random to me.

So MrDayCee is Zophia and kegaumongo is Gantic.... Then who will be Cenere?
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

What difference does it make knowing or not knowing the reasons why they picked someone to become a moderator?

I like knowing things about AG. If you can't tell, I use this site a lot. :P
So MrDayCee is Zophia and kegaumongo is Gantic.... Then who will be Cenere?

Bronze is Cenere.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Then who will be Cenere?

No one's such a morose recluse as he is.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

No one's such a morose recluse as he is.

You should have seen me talking to Cen when we were ranting about the problems of AG. I think it showed that lots of times I am like him.
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Bronze is Cenere.

Hardly. I don't contribute very much to the forums.
dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Hardly. I don't contribute very much to the forums.

This may be true. However, your beard is powerful. It makes up for it.
Ferret
Ferret
9,324 posts
Bard

If we're very quiet, maybe she'll come in and say hello!

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

*sits in the shadowy corner and stares at the door*

Am I doing it right?

Showing 16-30 of 63