ForumsWEPR{Intolerant}If Athiests and Homosexuals expect us Christians to be tolerant of them, how come they arent tole...

67 40400
pballaddict
pballaddict
128 posts
Nomad

Just a question i have, Atheists and Homosexuals expect us to be "tolerant" of them, when we are. we just believe it's wrong. But yet, they are not tolerant of ours. we don't start Christian parades and harass and pillage homosexuals homes, do we?

• 67 Replies
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Your OP shows how long you've had your blinders on. You're to the point where no matter what was said you'd maintain your point of view, regardless of utterly wrong and ridiculous it is.

pballaddict
pballaddict
128 posts
Nomad

I didn't ask to get insulted, just looking for a good debate. So your statement isn't appropriate. And OP?

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

I didn't ask to get insulted, just looking for a good debate. So your statement isn't appropriate. And OP?

He didn't insult you. If he insulted you there would be an insult there, he merely stated his opinion in a way you disagree with, that does not constitute an insult.

OP = Original Post

But yet, they are not tolerant of ours. we don't start Christian parades and harass and pillage homosexuals homes, do we?

Well... people of like mind do infringe upon the rights of homosexuals, so I wouldn't call that tolerant. As for atheists... what exactly do they do to show intolerance?

Also, those Jehovah Witnesses are pretty harassing at times :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAyt9oDZkx4
Please watch.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer
pballaddict
pballaddict
128 posts
Nomad

I can't speak for the ones who took it to the extreme. But at the same time, I don think you can speak trough the people throughout history, and even people today [ mostly in other countries ] simply because they're Christian.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Then why I've the word "we" when speaking of such, if you are not ready to defend everything through the ages? You can not pick and choose which parts to like.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

I can't speak for the ones who took it to the extreme. But at the same time, I don think you can speak trough the people throughout history, and even people today [ mostly in other countries ] simply because they're Christian.

In what way is this a response to anything I said?

1) Use quotes
2) What the hell are you talking about?
pballaddict
pballaddict
128 posts
Nomad

The Jahovas witness being harassing?

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Just a question i have, Atheists and Homosexuals expect us to be "tolerant" of them, when we are. we just believe it's wrong. But yet, they are not tolerant of ours. we don't start Christian parades and harass and pillage homosexuals homes, do we?

Christians (I'm not saying you necessarily) try and have put laws in place based those religious beliefs. They have pushed their beliefs on others in the form of emotional threats, and even physical violence.

With homosexuality, They want equal rights. They want to marry who they love. If it was just a matter of you thinking it was wrong and allowed them to live their life, there would be no issue. Those parades started because of them being treated as criminals for feeling the way they feel.

With Atheists, we don't believe what you believe. We don't want to live under your doctrines and your dogma. The creation of blue laws force that on us. We see horrible acts done in the past directly because of religious beliefs. Atheists often are banned from things they shouldn't be solely for not believing in any religion, thus creating an inequality.

If it was just Christians thinking it was wrong, homosexuals wouldn't have had parades, wouldn't feel afraid to come out, would be able to marry who they love. Atheists, the very term would likely not even exist the same way we don't have a term for those who don't believe in fairies.
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Just a question i have, Atheists and Homosexuals expect us to be "tolerant" of them, when we are.

Yes...that's why homosexual marriage is legal in all the states. Why homosexuals are able to openly show that they're a couple, like heterosexual couples. Why homosexuals can adopt. Why they aren't killed by mobs in various places around the world. Why they can hold public offices because people don't care what sexuality candidates are. Why they don't get screamed at by extremists for sinning. Oh wait.

As for atheists, lots of the same things. We constantly get mouth garbage about how we're immoral, arrogant scumbags who deny that Jesus came down from heaven. Why it's illegal to hold public office in some states as one. How many people when asked if their child wanted to marry an atheist would say they wouldn't approve. How they are also discriminated against and killed for being what they are in various places in the world.

Religion is NOT tolerant of atheism/homosexuality. Individuals are.

But yet, they are not tolerant of ours. we don't start Christian parades and harass and pillage homosexuals homes, do we?

I don't know about parades, but there's always people like the KKK, Wesboro, and other extremist groups that revolve around religion. Not to mention, homosexuals ARE taken from their homes by mob rule in some places.

The parades and such occur BECAUSE there is intolerance. They occur for the same reason people fought for ending discrimination against darker colored skin. And guess what?

The. Exact. Same. Arguments. Are. Used. Now. As. Then. "I don't mind them as long as they stay away from me and don't talk about it." ISN'T tolerance. That's discrimination. You aren't tolerant.
pballaddict
pballaddict
128 posts
Nomad

Atheists go out of their way to deprive Christians of their beliefs and make them look like idiots for our faith, yet, us believing isnt hurting anybody? Then, I would never try to make an atheist look like an idiot. I would just simply want to show them what I believe in, and spread the word. That's our task as Christians, to help spread the word and be loving and kind. But I'm not perfect either. Every human has sinned.

pballaddict
pballaddict
128 posts
Nomad

And last time I checked, homosexuals have their own arranged marriages anyways?

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I can't speak for the ones who took it to the extreme. But at the same time, I don think you can speak trough the people throughout history,

History has Religion acting in very brutal ways.
The Crusades, Salem Witch Trials, The suppression of knowledge by the church itself to the point of putting people to death, just to name a few.

and even people today [ mostly in other countries ]

Like this?
Dispatches: Return to Africa's Witch Children
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

Atheists go out of their way to deprive Christians of their beliefs and make them look like idiots for our faith, yet, us believing isnt hurting anybody?

No, what happens is that religious people, start debates like this. Expect people to take their religious beliefs as facts and then get angry when the atheist disagrees. Then the atheist supports their arguments through facts. That's not going out of the way to make anyone look like an idiot. In fact, no one is calling anyone an idiot here.

That's our task as Christians, to help spread the word and be loving and kind.

What if people disagree? Send them to hell?

And last time I checked, homosexuals have their own arranged marriages anyways?

They do? Where? Do these marriages have legitmacy before the law? Do they provide equal benefits to the parties involved?
pballaddict
pballaddict
128 posts
Nomad

Send them to hell? Not be necessarily. It's more of a hand stretched out to ou. And you choose whether to grab or not.

And also, this is not my reason believe or not, but see I'm comfortable. If I was to die and there is no God, then I would just die. But if an atheist was to die, and there is a God, then.

Being a Christian is not asking for much, but to simply believe. And I'm not angry for you having your own beliefs. It's good to have your own view on things.

Showing 1-15 of 67