93 posts
Nomad

I would just like to know everyone thoughts on Mormonism

• 132 Replies
Blairlarson
Blairlarson
93 posts
Nomad

let it be known that I'm not doing this to withstand your judgement. I'm doing this to show you that nothing is as it seems.

Well if you are here to show me that nothing is what it seems then wouldn't you be talking about how true God is.
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

On my iPod so I can't do quotes.

@larson- I've done nothing but explain to you how there is no god. The fact that you said the above statement blatantly shows you haven't been paying attention.

1 rare exception. Asia doesn't tend to have religious wars, but for every one war that doesn't involve religion, there are 300 that do, especially in Europe and the holy land. My point still stands: religion is bull crap, and god (even though he doesn't exist) is a jerk who loves watching people die in his name.

-Blade

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

Also, I'm part of this conversation, I would appreciate it if you responded to my points Blairlarson

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

the choice was rigged from the very beginning to not benefit the players of god's game.

As the plantation owner I'm given y'all a choice, You can either continue here toiling in my fields or I can shoot you dead right now.
Blairlarson
Blairlarson
93 posts
Nomad

Also, I'm part of this conversation, I would appreciate it if you responded to my points Blairlarson

Ok tell your Opinion about Mormonism right now and I will answer. And Sorry for not answering questions.
Blairlarson
Blairlarson
93 posts
Nomad

Here's the big problem. Vary rarely do because care about why you think you're better than them. Your belief does not make you special, you thinking it makes your important or "saved" or anything else is elitist and irritating as hell.

Well in Mormonism we do not think that we are better then everyone else. We think that we are all Children of God and some people have not heard the gospel or have not accepted it.
Blairlarson
Blairlarson
93 posts
Nomad

Any empirical (measurable) and concrete evidence that can be scientifically studied.

In this post you are explain how the only way to prove something is with evidence. Well In Religion the Evidence is just the spirt and knowing that it is true. The Spirt is often felt when someone talks on a church subject and starts to cry that is the spirt.
Blairlarson
Blairlarson
93 posts
Nomad

Basically all you guys think is that science is the Key to everything and all religion is wrong because it is against science.

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

A bunch of emotional rhetoric is all that is, boy. People cry because the rhetoric is designed to hit home for them. What people claim is the spirit is really a person's oratory abilities being used at optimal efficiency. The problem is that there is no real evidence to support it.

Think of it like this: you are going to buy a car, but the salesperson isn't showing you the car. He wants you to take it on faith that this car is just what you wanted, and pulls out service records for the car (that's all fine and good, but he still hasn't shown a car to match these records). He says that if you want the car that you haven't seen yet, you will have to believe he's selling it, and hand him 20 grand. This is the same situation with god. No evidence for either, and its a pretty waste if it turns out neither exists.

As I hope you are at least a somewhat capable shopper, you wouldn't buy a car until you have seen it first. It's the same thing for atheists and god. We won't take anything less than seeing it for ourselves.

-Blade

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

We think that we are all Children of God and some people have not heard the gospel or have not accepted it.

This is exactly my point. You actually just confirmed my argument.

Evidence is just the spirt and knowing that it is true. The Spirt is often felt when someone talks on a church subject and starts to cry that is the spirt.

:\\ Did I not say that this cannot be considered evidence?

Basically all you guys think is that science is the Key to everything and all religion is wrong because it is against science.

Well if religion develops a cure for cancer you let me know. Why shouldn't people support scientific research? It has done far more good than harm when compared to religion. Religion is an outdated series of superstitions which has fostered bigotry and hate. Look at our word today: Gays still lack basic marriage rights in many countries most notably the U.S, the U.S is engaged in an ideological war with Muslim Extremists, the Westboro Baptist Church actively inspires hatred, and American politics is so saturated with religion, that a non Christian President cannot become elected.

Fun fact, no sane country has this kind of religious undertone in its politics EXCEPT America. Rememeber the debacle of Romney being Mormon?

See, my issue isn't with Mormonism in general, it's what it represents. And it represents a lot of things that I strongly disagree with. But then again, so do the Catholics, Muslims and Jews. So, there's your consolation prize.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

You make it sound as though its a horrible thing. Anyway, no. I do believe Science is key to explaining the makings, workings of our universe. I don't believe it is the key to everything. Religion to me, is woefully inadequate at explaining the natural world, but it can prove useful for other tasks.
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

Your religion is one of the very few that supports an education. That is good, but it will only allow that education if it doesn't interfere with your beliefs. It's unfortunate, but your church will probably make you study in something that complements your beliefs, or at least won't interfere.

Science has always been about challenging the status quo. It's not sciences fault that religion doesn't tend to mix. Science can explain everything if given ample time. It is more credible because it gets the facts [b]before[\\b] it makes a conclusion. Religion, however, has done it the other way around, which makes it rather inaccurate.

-Blade

Blairlarson
Blairlarson
93 posts
Nomad

:\\\\ Did I not say that this cannot be considered evidence?

I just wanted to see your reaction.
Blairlarson
Blairlarson
93 posts
Nomad

You make it sound as though its a horrible thing. Anyway, no. I do believe Science is key to explaining the makings, workings of our universe. I don't believe it is the key to everything. Religion to me, is woefully inadequate at explaining the natural world, but it can prove useful for other tasks.

Sorry that I said that wrong I am jut saying that some people here are acting like science is just the Key to everything that has ever existed.
Blairlarson
Blairlarson
93 posts
Nomad

And a actual really enjoy science and it is my favorite subject in School but when you try to disprove Religion with science it just kinda makes me frustrated.

Showing 46-60 of 132