ForumsWEPRWhy Would Anyone (in the right mind) Worship Satan?

362 192713
Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

Pretty much self-explanitory.
Why? I am a Catholic, and here are a couple things. Why would you worship Satan, and end up burning in hell, when you could worship the Lord, Jesus Christ and end up in the Paradise garden?
Why? I don't understand any philosophy in it.
A couple more things: Sigil of Baphomet, they worship demons and heinous figures. Huh, to discover the "true self" or something?
Ermmm.
Also, I am not a nut, entertainers actually do sell themselves to make it big, like here, in an interview with lead *****cat Dolls Singer, Nicole Sherzinger, courtesy of the Vigilant Citizen.
Don't be stuck in blind world!
Learn, and don't let them trick you too!

• 362 Replies
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

(By the way, whoever said they'd surf on the lake of fire needs to do a bit of research on burning sulfur. Just saying.)

Just say all you want, it's a joke and one meant to lighten the mood of the conversation, which by now has turned into the same thing it always has. It comes down to which god provides the most benefit (evidence, good feelings, etc.) for the opportunity cost of believing in it over some other deity. This conversation will always go back to this basic principle.

that stuff has a tendency to disagree even within the same religion.

It's an undeniable fact that dissent will always be within organized religion. The reason why is because the god people believe in is usually a manifestation of their own personal beliefs, opinions, and ideas, which is essentially how people can use god's will as a justification for their actions. Because someone has a differing belief, instead of doing the rational thing and drop out of religion, they will splinter off and create a new sub-religion where they will try and make other people follow their belief, someone will disagree, and the cycle will continue.

Back to satan: the guy has clearly shown himself to be the cooler guy (and in many cases the more honorable, friendly, relaxed, and light-hearted). I think the better question for those who believe he exists is why would you not worship him?

-Blade
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

I think the better question for those who believe he exists is why would you not worship him?

Out of fear of the not-so-honorable, jealous, petty, unjust, vindictive, bloodthirsty, unforgiving control freak who opposes him.
wontgetmycatnip
wontgetmycatnip
95 posts
Peasant

The Islamic God is a bit more different than the Judaic-Christian God..if I remember correctly

In my view at least, each and every believer worships a different god. I keep hearing about Jesus and Allah and YHWH, and I never hear the same fellow described twice.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

In my view at least, each and every believer worships a different god. I keep hearing about Jesus and Allah and YHWH, and I never hear the same fellow described twice.

Considering they are a construct of the person's mind, that's kind of correct. This is also why it's good to ask someone to define god.
mbbs112
mbbs112
198 posts
Peasant

man you guys know nothing,people should worship god because hes the one who made everything and even if you guys worship satan then its bye bye to you because god gave us free will to see if we obey him or not so life is basically a exam,do good=paradise,do bad=hell so if you guys are atheists or worshippers of satan then you'll get punished real bad and im a muslim.So when you guys are getting punished then dont blame God,blame yourself

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

im a muslim.So when you guys are getting punished then dont blame God,blame yourself

if the christians are right. then your going down to hell whit us. ^^

and i believe in him as soon as i c him.
he can't deny that i believe in him as soon as i c heaven.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

man you guys know nothing,people should worship god because hes the one who made everything and even if you guys worship satan then its bye bye to you because god gave us free will to see if we obey him or not so life is basically a exam,do good=paradise,do bad=hell so if you guys are atheists or worshippers of satan then you'll get punished real bad and im a muslim.So when you guys are getting punished then dont blame God,blame yourself

Then in that case, if most of the world is going to hell, since only one religion is the true one, I might as well go with the majority.

as i c him.

Maybe it's a Her. Or an It. Or Them.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

lets go whit "it" for now.
(it's just that god is always mentioned and pictured as a man. so that got stuck in there)
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

my friend (who is a female by the way) says its definitely a her. otherwise we wouldnt have lived in such a crazy world and god wouldnt give us this "you have to believe in me but i wont tell you to" emotional jealous bs XP
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

lets go whit "it" for now.

That would be more fitting. If this God is the only one that exists, having a gender of any sort would be completely pointless.
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

Will I get 72 virgins as well (I know this joke is in bad taste)? You think this life is an exam? Doesn't that just seem depressing to you? I'd rather do good for the sake of doing good, not to try and butter up the omnipotent equivalent of a kid with a magnifying glass who likes to roast ants. If this life is a test, then the criteria for a passing grade is so difficult that billions of people will fail, and will have to suffer because they simply chose wrong. You're no exception to this my friend, and from what I've seen, little atheist me is a way better person than big Muslim you.

my friend (who is a female by the way) says its definitely a her. otherwise we wouldnt have lived in such a crazy world and god wouldnt give us this "you have to believe in me but i wont tell you to" emotional jealous bs XP

Honestly, I can only see god as a man for two reasons:

1. I was raised Mormon.
2. No woman would ever screw up as bad as this guy has.

Call me biased, but since I don't believe in the guy anyway, it doesn't really matter anyway.

-Blade
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

to see if we obey him or not so life is basically a exam,

Which would be completely pointless considering we are supposedly dealing with an omniscient being who would already know the outcome, thus would have no need to give us any sort of exam.

Here's a video that does a pretty good job of totally killing this argument further.
Is Life a Test?
infinight888
infinight888
37 posts
Peasant

do good=paradise

Is that really much better though? How many years have you lived? Imagine those years multiplied until you reach one hundred. At this point, you have outlved the majority of humans. Picture that for a moment. Then, multiply that by 10. You've now lived for 1,000 years, and while you may enjoy your paradise, it's boring. You've experienced so man times. You sex life has gotten boring centuries ago and you've been watching your children remain the same age for all this time. You've decided to leave your family for a little bit, take a break and explore, it's not like they need you to put food on the table or anything. Of course, the lack of a job requirement makes your paradise that much more boring.

Now, multiply that by 10 again. You've now lived for 10,000 years and have explored much of both earth and heaven. The love you had for your spouse in life has become loathing instead. You want to be free of them, but neither adultery nor divorce are allowed here.

And that's only 10,000 years.

Imagine millions of years now. How about billions, or even trillions of years? And this is still only the beginning. It goes on and on without end. That's what you'd have to live with. That's what eternity means. At what point does paradise become a hell of its own?
mbbs112
mbbs112
198 posts
Peasant

okay okay wait a minute if you still see no reason than how about you read any islamic book and the life of the Holy Prophet(pbuh) then you can see that in the beginning when he was getting persecuted by pagans than he left and was invited to another city(Madinah)where he made his own laws but the pagans went to war with him but when he first started out as ruler then he barely had any good weapons as they were shabbily equipped and he only had a few horses/camels for his 300 men against 1000 excellently equipped men but he still won the battle since he prayed to God that if this small army perished than nobody would believe in him so God granted victory and the pagans fled in disorder. And the thing you said at the end of how you wouldn't be able to divorce,i have a answer to that as it is said in islam that after the judgement day you wont recognize anyone you knew on earth and so you wont have a family or kids,understand?

mbbs112
mbbs112
198 posts
Peasant

Nobody will be bored in paradise as you can do anything you want and eat anything you want so i suggest you believe in Allah ,you may learn alot by reading islamic books and learn when judgment day is coming ....................................

Showing 91-105 of 362