ForumsWEPRWhy Would Anyone (in the right mind) Worship Satan?

362 192708
Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

Pretty much self-explanitory.
Why? I am a Catholic, and here are a couple things. Why would you worship Satan, and end up burning in hell, when you could worship the Lord, Jesus Christ and end up in the Paradise garden?
Why? I don't understand any philosophy in it.
A couple more things: Sigil of Baphomet, they worship demons and heinous figures. Huh, to discover the "true self" or something?
Ermmm.
Also, I am not a nut, entertainers actually do sell themselves to make it big, like here, in an interview with lead *****cat Dolls Singer, Nicole Sherzinger, courtesy of the Vigilant Citizen.
Don't be stuck in blind world!
Learn, and don't let them trick you too!

• 362 Replies
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Scripturally, it seems to be the other way around.

Yet there is blood, sacrifice, or whatever kind of crazy idea that comes up when things are "In Satans name". Theres a whole Wikipedia article about it. Its called Satanic Ritual Abuse.

Regarding His rest, Exodus 31:17 uses the word Naphash, meaning "to take breath, respirate, refresh", implying God's power isn't limitless and needs to be restored. If that's the case, turned angels might really pose a threat to Him.

So let me get this straight, Gods power isn't infinite? You mean to tell me this "God" feeds on the energy of His believers and that if Christianity were to just fall all of a sudden God will have nothing left and just die? Has anyone thought, I don't know, that this is wrong? I mean there is a lot of things that are wrong in the Christian religion. Flip through your local news channel and the headlines will say so.

Finally, there's the emos. They're trying to be different and weird so they worship a dark power. I just love God, and hate Satan.

First of all, Emo's are not Satanists. They're Emo's! Whats the only word that has Emo in it? Emotion, Emotional. Which is why Emo's tend to be sensitive and make music based around pains in life, and how they FEEL. That's Emo. Being an Emo AND a Satanist is a different story.
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Whats the only word that has Emo in it?

Tremors
Lemons.
Demolition.
Remove.

So let me get this straight, Gods power isn't infinite? You mean to tell me this "God" feeds on the energy of His believers and that if Christianity were to just fall all of a sudden God will have nothing left and just die?

Makes you wonder how he got anything done before he created us...

Flip through your local news channel and the headlines will say so.

The headlines here are all about Islamic terrorists, Afghanistan/Iraq, North Korea and drunk driving.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Could you please find the verse, as well as explain who pointed this verse out to you? Surely someone else told you to hate Jews and used the bible themselves to prove that hate.

John 8:44 is the passage if you want to look further into it.
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

John 8:44 is the passage if you want to look further into it.

Thanks. He actually did give me the verse (he never told me who pointed it out to him though). Another moderator decided it would be a good idea to delete his offensive posts.
wontgetmycatnip
wontgetmycatnip
95 posts
Peasant

Apparently you have not heard of the concept of on the spot decision, when your armies are miles away.

Sure, cause there's all sorts of historical precedent for the aforementioned event happening. Why since the Romans kept such good records, it should be recorded in all sorts of places, right?
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Whats the only word that has Emo in it?

Tremors
Lemons.
Demolition.
Remove.

Correction: Whats the only word that has Emo in it that actually has a more obvious and more sense-full definition rather then putting on eye liner and black nail polish for the sake of lemons or demolition?

The headlines here are all about Islamic terrorists, Afghanistan/Iraq, North Korea and drunk driving.

Thats because the previous headlines use to involve small children, priests, and lack of morality. Was my point not clear in the previous post?

Now I have a question regarding satanism, why on earth would someone make a Church of Satan? Who does this?!
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Now I have a question regarding satanism, why on earth would someone make a Church of Satan? Who does this?!

Have you read the earlier pages? The biggest branch of Satanism today, and the one that is the so called ''Church of Satan", i.e, LaVeyan Satanism follows the belief that one self is their own "God". They do not believe in any supernatural deities, but treat ''Satan'' as a kind of behaviour, claiming that Satan in Hebrew means 'adversary' or 'opposer'; one who questions."

I don't see anything strange in that. The church even reported to the police a teenager who emailed them claiming an intention to murder for the sake of their ''Lord Satan''.
ArchlordPie
ArchlordPie
150 posts
Jester

I just have one thing to say to everyone in this topic: For a moment, assume that God exists. Not specifying which version of God (Allah, Yahweh, the Christian God, etc.), just that one God exists. Now with that assumption, ask yourself these questions: Is God perfect? What happens if He is? What happens if He isn't?

To answer the titular question: They like what Satan offers over what God offers.

(By the way, whoever said they'd surf on the lake of fire needs to do a bit of research on burning sulfur. Just saying.)

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

just that one God exists.

satan could be this god.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Yahweh, the Christian God

Well..I find that quite unnecessary to name him twice.

Yahweh = "God"
The reason he does not go by Yahweh in scripture is so that one does not misuse it and break the 2nd commandment (paraphrasing: "Thou shalt not say the Lord's name in vain&quot.

Source
infinight888
infinight888
37 posts
Peasant

Well..I find that quite unnecessary to name him twice.

Yahweh = "God"
The reason he does not go by Yahweh in scripture is so that one does not misuse it and break the 2nd commandment (paraphrasing: "Thou shalt not say the Lord's name in vain&quot

It was really listed three times. Allah is the arabic word for "God". The differentiation there was between the Jewish and Christian versions. Yes, they're the same, they're all the same. But that's not the point.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

It was really listed three times. Allah is the arabic word for "God". The differentiation there was between the Jewish and Christian versions. Yes, they're the same, they're all the same. But that's not the point.

The Islamic God is a bit more different than the Judaic-Christian God..if I remember correctly
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

The Islamic God is a bit more different than the Judaic-Christian God..if I remember correctly

It's the same 'God', as in they all stem from the same belief system, they're all omni-stuff, etc. But their specific actions, prophets, and 'ersonalities' are often disagreed upon.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

But their specific actions, prophets, and 'ersonalities' are often disagreed upon.

Hell (no pun intended) that stuff has a tendency to disagree even within the same religion.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

that stuff has a tendency to disagree even within the same religion.

Of course, but the differences tend to start there, seperating the main groups. The only thing they all agree on is that there's one creator God. Pretty much everything else is defined differently by every sub-group within the main religion. Which laws are for now, which for then? What spiritual realms are there? What parts of holy books are literal?
Showing 76-90 of 362