162 posts
Peasant

Anyone on AG an avid paintballer?

• 18 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

I like it, except for the fact that people shoot way more than necessary . . . and don't respect the rules. Getting hit ten times by the same person isn't much fun, nor is shooting ~4 people with a single shot each in the chest and expecting them to cease fire and instead having them all shoot me and pretend they were never hit.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Also that rule about not firing at people point blank should be scrapped, really.
Wait wait wait. There is LAW where you guys play paintball? Well where's the fun in that? And what, I guess there's reasons a game can end besides everyone being mad and/or crying, too. I get that paintball place owners need to protect their investment, but if you had a friend with some land, and the gear, you could do away with things like "rules" and "nobody getting hurt."

In the grim darkness of my childhood, there is only war.
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

lol xzeno, all my games in Australia run smoothly because of good referees and the spirit of mateship and all that crap. Except when the refs decide to expose my trick by yelling "Just get him already, he doesn't even have any ammo!" Most newbies can't tell the difference between the sound the gun makes when it has live ammo and when it's empty... most of them also don't think to watch the paintball.

You can see what happens when it doesn't go so well by reading the posts above

That said there's this new game which is half a cross between football and MMA battle royale, where the goal is to get the ball across the other's goal... but you are expressly allowed to beat up your opponents. Very popular with martial artists. Mouthguard and athletic cup recommended.

Showing 16-18 of 18