ForumsForum GamesArcana Academy

181 37633
Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

The year is 2018 and through a tremendous accident, the world of magic was unveiled for the human race. Governments all around the world out of fear of their power, created separate housing and special schools that they are shipped to right after their 18th birthday to learn how to control their powers completely. It doesn't help that there is a small group of worldwide rebels who fight for freedom for all of the arcane. There is also a group of mages loyal to the governments and run the school and the towns thus granting them special privileges. The School is a enormous complex almost large enough to be called a city, it teaches every arcane novice from every part of the world. You are a child with the arcane gift and today is going to be your first day at your
new home for the next few years....

Character Info
Name:
Male or Female
Bio:
Description:

If you wish to be a teacher, ask and I may approve..
You can have two characters if you can handle it

My two:
Name: Headmaster Vladimir Stokonov
Male
Bio: Vladimir was taught magic from his mother in the bustling city of Moscow where his family kept low. He spent many years in the military and almost made it to general when the incident happened. Seeing his loyalty to his country and willingness to follow orders. He was a prime candidate for headmaster.
Description: He has black hair with several streaks of gray. Despite his age he is in good shape and stands at a hefty 6' 3" With brown eyes. A large scar goes from his right cheek down his neck. He is kind despite his rough exterior but strict like his military training. His students wear uniforms that reflect his military background.

Name: Desmond Smythe
Male
Bio: Desmond was born in the lower parts of his neighborhood and had ro fend fornhimself after his parents mysteriously died. He knew one day he would have to leave for the academy like all th others had to. He had a bad feeling about the entire idea. He worked where he could until his 18th birthday when soldiers came to his door and without warning, took him away.
Description: He is a loner by choice. He has arcane potenial as he parents told him once. He stands 6' 2" with blue eyes and has a muscular build from his physical training. He is a free and often rebellious spirit.

It can start as soon as the first person joins up and there are no late submissions

• 181 Replies
Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Desmond[Pyro]: "I would of done it if you would have asked." I mention before I look around, great, we're in the desert but I look behind to see a large pyramid "I guess they are in there." I say not liking the idea of going into a tomb

Alyssa[Spectre]: We're back in the real world again and the collar isn't hurting me, it must of short-circuited when I crossed into Alice's world. That's a good point I guess. I still felt weak and just plain terrible. I could definitely go for something to eat.

Chelsea[Rose]: After Alik'vr speech I am lost for words. The world could benefit if they came back, I think at least. I keep thinking about what is going to happen to all of us that I don't realize I am headed to the room Nick told me about. It could create any situation, right? I try to remember what he said activated it. "Um...W'eh." I say imaging something. The door opens imitating a lush field and I see my whole family, my 2 sister and 4 brother, my dad, and...my mom. It brings me joy to see her even though it isn't real. I immediately hug her despite her being a fake. We all sit down and talk like we used on the weekends out in the fields. This conversation felt as real as it could.

Valentin[Void]: I have spent hours searching until I finally found it, it's here. The underground portion of the pyramid leads off into more rooms and hallways until it stops at a large room with the Stonehenge but I feel a presence coming to this dimension as well, it is unmistakeable. It's Alexei!

Alexei smiled a little "Right away Erdely." he says and everything goes dark for a moment as you appear on top of a sand dune over-looking the pyramid that they are all in, he takes a deep inhale through his nose "I have missed the smells of this world. We might stand a chance here, to stop the invasion once and for all." he says with a serious look then stares at you deeply "You don't know what it was like in there. Even though you did it to save yourself, I thank you for freeing me from that place." He says and leans in and gives you a small kiss on the cheek then steps back slowly with a smile "Let's go." he says

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Alice [Pentagram] - "Oh, I'm sorry then," I said to Desmond sincerely. "I just wanted to not-have my world destroyed." I offered an exhausted smile, and then set off towards the pyramids. Hopefully the others that were already there would have a place to sleep. I felt like I could hibernate for monthes.
----
Erdely [Satana] - "Yes, let's go." I pretended to ignore the little fizzly sparks that happened whenever something happened and slid down the dune, immediately getting sand in my raggedy shoes. I hadn't gotten new ones at the Academy and my old ones were scrap. "Neh, it's too much trouble to mend 'em," I muttered, and slid my feet out of them, placing my soles on the heated desert sand. Finally, something nearly as warm as home was. The problem with half these dimensions is that they're too darn cold.
As we walk, I see familiar shapes making their way down a dune not twenty feet away. Alice, Alyssa, and Desmond.
Well, now something interesting was going to happen for sure.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Desmond[Pyro]: I nod understandingly "I know, just remember that this is your world too. There's time I want to escape, you know. Go somewhere better, safer, and nicer but I realize I'm stuck here no matter how many other dimensions there happens to be." I say looking up at the large pyramid "I have my family here and they mean the world to me and us right here, we have the chance to save the world from complete annihilation." I say as we walk to where there highest magical aura is coming from

Alyssa[Spectre] I listen to Desmond speak. That was all nice and everything but I had no one. I had to fend for myself in a unforgiving world of hatred and greed. I really needed to sleep and eat, perhaps I will feel better after that. Maybe somehow we could this collar off me, it makes me feel like a animal.

Alexei laughs a little as Erdely takes her shoes off, he notices on her face how if felt to her. He picked up her shoes and looked at them, nothing a little magic couldn't fix. He moved his hand over the ragged shoe and as he touched it seemed to repair back to a factory new look until the shoes were completely restored. He held them by the ends and let her enjoy the sand for a bit. Alik'vr will certainly be surprised to see me but not more than Valetin. He was able to read their minds, grinning at the nicknames so he picked one for himself. Nexus. (Here's another character to my list.)

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Alice [Pentagram] - My headache comes back with a venegance, and I stumble on the way in. There's something that appears to be Anubis watching the entrance, and I shake my head wearily, not sure if I'm tired enough to hallucinate. What Lucien said seemed important, but I really was tired.
"I request a bed, please," I said, raising a finger. "Then can you fill me in on what the bloody heck is going on?"
---
Erdely [Satana] - Noticing Alice and the others getting greeted at the door, and not wanting to be left out of the pyramid, I jogged forwards a bit faster, enjoying the way sand poofed out from under my feet. "Wait for me!" I said loudly, enough to get their attention, and wiped my black-spotted hand on my pants again. THe spots just wouldn't come off.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Alice [Pentagram] - I thank him, and then flop down on the bed. Even the hard pillow doesn't deterr me for long, and I'm soon asleep.
I seem to be doing that a lot these days.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Chelsea[Rose]: Deep inside I am thankful but right now I am angry "Feed on Me?!? How come you didn't mention before?!?" I yell at him but then I slump against the wall, everything seemed to be life and death. For a few seconds there I was happy but it was a lie, everything anymore is a lie. I can feel the tears begin to build. I know now not to trust anything or anyone.

Desmond[Pyro] I laugh as I help Alyssa walk in, she's slumping and looks ready to faint again "Sounds like such a wonderful place." I say sarcastically walking in after them and look back to see Erdely and some other guy. I shrug and take Alyssa to a room that doesn't look taken and set her gently on it and like that she's out for the count. I walk back out and decided to talk to Lucien, I am not really tired at the moment "This isn't too shabby of a HQ. Needs some work but It'll work." I say jokingly

Alyssa[Spectre]: I barely have energy to stand as someone picks me up and later put me on a bed, the pillow isn't all that soft but that's how I like them and immediately fall asleep.

Alexei teleports in front of the door and the Anubis swords immediately fall towards him "Halt Child of Hell." They yell angerly "We should kill you right here but Master Void would definitely wish to speak to you." They say not allowing him inside and he points at them "That is not me anymore and by the way, I would like to see you try and take me." Alexei says with a smile and the one Anubis charges out of anger and tries to swing his sword on him but Alexei teleports sitting on his shoulder laughing "You are a lot slower than I remember.." he says as the Anubis tries to grab him but he stands up and flips off his shoulder, his pointer and index finger jabbing the Anubis under the chin and he just drops without a word and Alexei puts his foot on top of his back "That's what I thought big guy." he says looking at the other Anubis "Don't worry, he's only knocked out. Like I said, that isn't me anymore." he says finally

Valentin[Void]: I need a few more seconds to visualize the path to the Stonehenge and then it's off to deal with Alexei, betraying liar. I banished him to that dimension hoping he would die there but Erdely must of ended up there by accident and drew his blood. He knows all the tricks that's for sure

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Erdely [Satana] - Child of Hell? Now I knew I definitely liked him. Reminded me a lot of my geamÄn.
"Meh." I shrugged dismissively. "You remind me of me back in
focul Iadului, when I was back at full strength. The worse you are, the better. And are we gonna go in or not?"

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Chelsea[Rose]: I think the basement was now a better base than here because I was sucked into god knows where and it's nothing but darkness and it frightens me but Nicholas is here somewhere but something else is as well "Nick?" I yell out his name while looking around me but everything was dark "Nick, I'm scared." I cry out as I hear something moving and it's getting closer

Desmond[Pyro]: That is troubling, something felt off here "We need to find them somehow but we have two sleepy heads to watch out for as well. They need all the rest they can get." I say not sure on even how to get Nicholas and Chelsea back

Alexei shrugs as he looks at the Anubis "We are." He says firmly. The Anubis sighs "Void can take care of you if you misbehave." he says defeated and Alexei grins "Good, after you dear Erdely." He says politely with the same grin not being serious "The Ether is a strange place Erdely and what counts as bad or good doesn't apply there, we just exist." He says walking in after you

Valentin[Void]: I finish locating the path to the Stonehenge and it will not be easy. I am going to need the others to help perform the ritual so I decide to tackle the Alexei problem first as I march to see him "What are you doing back here?!?" I demand immediately and he takes a deep breath "I know what I did was wrong but ever since you sent me to that place I became free." I let him finish before saying "You were a Harbinger! You brought the Apocalypse everywhere you went and tried turning me into a Harbinger as well. Luckily this dimension has worlds that need to be invaded separately so I was able to break free and banish you." I say. He couldn't be a changed person and I see Erdely is with him and he hadn't killed yet so I look at her "Erdely, what has he done to you?" I ask because she could be brainwashed like I once was and trying to deceive us. I would know if she was lying but with Alexei it was too hard to tell.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Erdely [Satana] - "He's done nothing to me," I protested indigiantly. "Except let me cut him, which was excellent, and..." I glanced at Alexei's hands,- "fixed my shoes."
Seeing Void's expression, I went on. "Hey, since this seems to be some deeply personal thing, can you leave me out of it? I'll just be the neutral one that hangs in between sides."
I poked Alexei with the hand that had the spreading black spots. Maybe it was a disease, and the contamination would spread to him. "Don't get yourself killed," I instructed both of them, and walked away, feeling the knife he'd given me to cut him in my pocket. Now we could have some fun.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Valentin[Void]: I listen to what Erdely says and she shows no signs of indoctrination and she was right for the most part. This was between me and him, I had more pressing matters at hand and he seemed fine for now so I had to let him go "Alexei I am giving you this one and only chance, screw this up or betray me in anyway and I'll send you right back again." I said grabbing his shirt and pushing him against the wall and he laughs "Again? I don't think you could do that again even if you wanted to. If I was still a harbinger I would of killed Erdely the moment I got back and executed everyone but face it, you know who the real Harbinger is now." he says then leaves following after Erdely. I had just made giant gamble and it would be interesting to see if pays off

Alexei walks behind Erdely, smiling half-way "I know you still have that knife of mine, but hey, by all means keep it and those spots are nothing to worry much about for now at least, it will cause some pain later but it will pass. Now that all of that drama is out of the way, I am going to have some of your fun." he say smiling with excitement

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

^^ I'd be glad to do that, making other characters is amusing.
^^^ All I know is that Alyssa's asleep, and Chelsea may be unconscious.

Erdely [Satana] - I frowned. "You can't have my fun, my fun is alternately killing or finding the rest of myself." Then I stopped to consider. "Well we can kill things, I suppose. Didn't Lucian mention wisps or something when Alice was entering? Are those killable?" And it could've been just me, but I recognized a similar disease from Focul Iadului that was almost but not the same. One caused death, the other one, if Alexei was telling the truth, just caused pain.
It'd be intresting to see the outcome. But back to the question at hand.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

The figure is a ghastly form of a man with bright glowing yellow eyes and a loud but whisperly voice "This isn't your place Nicholas. It is unnatural and dangerous and I fear your friend may be in grave danger." He says and a few seconds later there is screaming "Help! Please Anyone!" Chelsea screams and it sounds like it is coming from all directions and the firgure looks in the direction of the scream "Follow me by the light of my eyes. We must find your friend and quick before she had the life sucked from her." He says walking away

Chelsea[Rose]: I keep on walking through the darkness holding on to the egyptian necklace because it is simply something hold on to but then I hear and feel a chilling wind but it felt unnatuaral. I kept walking until I could hear a sort of moaning coming from behind me. I dared to look and saw a large spectral formless shape with a green-glowing mass of skulls surging towards me. Fears paralyzed me for a second then I ran screaming "Help! Please Anyone!" I practically cried out in fear as I ran farther into the abyss

Desmond[Pyro]: The thought had also occured to me "Nicholas is smart and Chelsea is resourceful. They have to be fine but I doubt there is much we can do but wait." I say wishing I had a better plan than this. This pyramid was begining to scare me and maybe what the say about the pharoh's curse could
be true

Alyssa[Spectre]: I do not even have a dream I am so tired. Tomorrow or whenever I wake up will be better I hope.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Valentin[Void]: I follow the route that I had found while meditating. There was a large wall with inscriptions all over it. I placed both of my hands on the wall, I surge energy through and it cracks and opens up a long corridor. Every few steps darts fly or spears stab out but as I get closer thin wires try to cut me in half but I out-maneuver them and fireballs launch but I redirect them back. This goes on for awhile until I see it. The stonehenge in a large room

The phantom procceds quickly on "I am the keeper of souls and this is the Shadowland, the darkest area of the Spirit World." It says and something comes into view and it's chelsea screaming running away from what looks like a mess of shadows and bones. Chelsea manages to reach the two of you and she can't speak as the monster charges closer and the Keeper of Souls sends light flying into the beast and it stops. It turns around and grab both of the you and you disappear into the ground and appear in a luminsecent, beautiful scenery of a park and pond "You will be safe here for now. Welcome to the Afterlife young ones." It says still in that ghastly form but it was now luminescent white with Blue eyes

Desmond[Pyro]: Great, this pyramid is going to kill me. Now I have to watch out for Alice and Alyssa. I stay on guard in the dormitory corridor. Any sign of trouble and I am waking them up and taking Lucien's advice

Chelsea[Rose]: I see Nicholas with some strange being but I rush towards out of terror and fear. I almost jump on Nicholas but I do wrap my arms around him as we are taken to another world. I cling to him for a little before letting go a little embarrased but it overtaken by the beauty around me and I can't help but think 'Are we Dead?'

Alexei shrugs "If you know the right techniques but that is no fun killing those things. Well if ever need help finding or killing parts of yourself, I can help with that. Anyways, there is much to kill out here and Void would be so angry if I killed the Anubis in combat because just plain murder is boring." He says then stops and looks around "We need to get out of here, something is wrong." He says suddenly serious

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

(This post will clear things up but it's not a character post)
The phantom laughs lightly "Not yet at least. This is where spirits can mainfest until they get to the next stage of their blissful eternity. No, there are people who wish to speak to you." He says as semi-transparent versions of Tesla, Pyro, Rose, Serpent and Spectre appear. Nicholas spiritual dopple ganger says the firsts words "Where are the rest? They should be here." He says then looks at Nicholas "We need to talk with all of you or tell you our mistakes so that you can win and survive while we did not." He says
(Lucien is in another plane of the spirit world)
"Could ask the same of you." He responds viciously "I'm here by accident, You should be in School, right Lucien?" He taunts

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Alice [Pentagram] - It hasn't been long sleeping when I wake, something magical surging and filling me. It doesn't feel right. I step out of the room. Everything is empty. The pyramids are silent, and even the Anubis I glimsped is gone.
Something is terrible wrong.
--
Erdely [Satana] - I sighed. "Everyone always wants to teach me fun ways to kill, and I already know a thousand. I'm willing to learn, though."
Something ripples. "Did you feel that? Is that you?" I turned towards Alexei as we stop in front of some doors. "Is this where the wisps are?"
People say I'm always full of questions, so sue me. But I'm bored, and itching to kill something.

Showing 151-165 of 181