ForumsForum GamesArcana Academy

181 37625
Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

The year is 2018 and through a tremendous accident, the world of magic was unveiled for the human race. Governments all around the world out of fear of their power, created separate housing and special schools that they are shipped to right after their 18th birthday to learn how to control their powers completely. It doesn't help that there is a small group of worldwide rebels who fight for freedom for all of the arcane. There is also a group of mages loyal to the governments and run the school and the towns thus granting them special privileges. The School is a enormous complex almost large enough to be called a city, it teaches every arcane novice from every part of the world. You are a child with the arcane gift and today is going to be your first day at your
new home for the next few years....

Character Info
Name:
Male or Female
Bio:
Description:

If you wish to be a teacher, ask and I may approve..
You can have two characters if you can handle it

My two:
Name: Headmaster Vladimir Stokonov
Male
Bio: Vladimir was taught magic from his mother in the bustling city of Moscow where his family kept low. He spent many years in the military and almost made it to general when the incident happened. Seeing his loyalty to his country and willingness to follow orders. He was a prime candidate for headmaster.
Description: He has black hair with several streaks of gray. Despite his age he is in good shape and stands at a hefty 6' 3" With brown eyes. A large scar goes from his right cheek down his neck. He is kind despite his rough exterior but strict like his military training. His students wear uniforms that reflect his military background.

Name: Desmond Smythe
Male
Bio: Desmond was born in the lower parts of his neighborhood and had ro fend fornhimself after his parents mysteriously died. He knew one day he would have to leave for the academy like all th others had to. He had a bad feeling about the entire idea. He worked where he could until his 18th birthday when soldiers came to his door and without warning, took him away.
Description: He is a loner by choice. He has arcane potenial as he parents told him once. He stands 6' 2" with blue eyes and has a muscular build from his physical training. He is a free and often rebellious spirit.

It can start as soon as the first person joins up and there are no late submissions

• 181 Replies
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Alice: I sat up, woken by bunny, an instant before a loud whisper carried through the door.
"Psst. Alyssa, Alice, it's time. Meet us down in the basement."
I open the door right as he finishes speaking. "I'm ready, we can go." I didn't mention the detour I wanted to take to the assembly hall to look for Ivara.
----
Erdely: I can hear their voices, bouncing through the walls. Supposed to be quiet, I guess, because it's one in the morning, the Blind Star said so. But that's okay. After I finish with the straightjacket -I've almost gnawed through my fingers loosening it, and lovely slippery blood was dripping from my face- I can get out, and we can play. Maybe they'll last longer than the guards.
I ate them. The guards, I mean. The skin first, after they couldn't speak for choking on their slit throats. And then the rest. Even the bones.
I love playing with people. They just never last long enough for real fun.
I laughed, almost manically, and let it ring through the air. The last few stitches snapped.
Ready or not, here I come~
------
I'm starting to creep myself out writing for Erdely.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

(StormWalker....That is a little too much now, she's in a straight jacket yet she slit their throats and ate them whole and all of this without any kind of magic? Can you rewrite that or something or I can do something to free you)

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

(She would die as well from consuming that much human meat and flesh not to mention the bones slicing her insides open. Also remember these are elite military-type guards, she would really be able to kill two of them with nothing)

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

*wouldn't

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Alyssa wipes her eyes as she wakes up follows after them to the basement without making a sound, magic muffling her steps. She reaches the basement with Nicholas and Desmond and yawns, covering her mouth with her hand as she does. She didn't get all that much sleep

Desmond wakes up more and is alert. He thinks about how they would be 'terminated' if they were caught but he could not imagine the horrors.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Alice: After instructing bunny to wait for me and get the others if anything bad happened, I follow them.
---
@mordex- Okay, sure, I was just trying to make Erdely seem really creepy. I'd like to free her, though, add more strangeness. Can I just start saying that she escaped or something? Maybe the guards heard the other walking around or something and went to see what was going on, and she got out. Will that work?

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

@StormWalker: I have something in mind.

Alyssa spoke up a little softly "I can give you the ability to resist their anti-magic devices. That's why they hurt me and hate me.." She says holding out her hand "Simply lay your hand on mine, it will drain you a little but shouldn't hurt." She says
Desmond listens to her then put his hand on her "I see why you're a threat to them." He says friendly looking at Nicholas "Ready to fight back?" He asks with a eager smile
They call me "Void", a ghost from the abyss. She is so much danger there as I am for breaking back in. For so many years I thought she was dead and she thought the same of me. For all I know I was the only one to live through the academy. Dr. Van Richten helped me stage my death for my escape. I need to save her but first I must deal with Erdely. I have been told she is a psycho and the world has enough magical psychos. I focus on where they put me, solitary confinement and through concentration I appear in the hallway. The two guards who had to be guarding her aim at me. I laughed as I stuck out my hands, forcing their own bones to extend and impale themselves. I walk over to her door and sure enough her name is displayed. I loot the key from the guard and open her door. The high-tech gas mask hid my face and my black cloat hide the rest of me with my hood over head. I wave my hand over her and the latches break "Erdely? You are going to help me." He says in a commanding voice with a little bit of a robotic ring in it

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Desmond thinks for a moment "Call me Pyro." He says knowing they would know what his favorite thing was.
Alyssa took longer before speaking "I will spectre for my favorite thing is to sneak around and spy without making a sound." She says smiling at her codename

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Alice: I cocked my head to the side, thinking. Then I remembered; duh, summoning. But 'The Summoner' sounded really cheesy..."Pentagram," I said, without really thinking about it. Yes, that would work. I summoned things with a pentagram, anyway, so that would work.
---
Erdely: I squinted up at this ghost in front of me and laughed. "Should I? Would I? Will I, now?" I stood and doffed my favorite bowler hat. "What's in it for me?" Suddenly, an epiphany. My eyes lit up. "Can I play with the other ones? They'll last so much longer, I can feel it and know it to be so, and it'll be fun breaking, like glass~"

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

"Void": I nod once to her question "I wish to make you my apprentice. Our first task, kill the guards, the teachers, and eventually..Vladimir." I say coldy and angrily "Leave the students however alone unless they stand in your way." i say, looking at you dead on through the gas mask's interface. "Help me do this and I will teach you so many more ways to kill, which i'm sure you'll like and one last thing." I say before I blink in front of Erdely and place my palm upon her forehead then back off "There, you can use your powers now. Betray me and I will kill you and you wouldn't be able to scream fast enough." I say with a stern tone indicating I am not joking "I'll come each night for killing but for now, find a dorm to hide and sleep and blend in and when nightfall strikes, bodies fall." I say, my voice returning to it's cold tone
Alyssa: I back up little, looking at what is as close to a family I have. Vladimir better watch out for us four, maybe five if Rick joins in. I didn't te the other but my collar began to hurt like a small pinch a little bit ago "Then it's settled huh? We going to fight him?" I say with hope in my voice
Desmond: I take a seat on the hard ground, thinking about what to do "We've only seen a small part of this place, it's as big as a city. We should sabotage first before making any major moves." I suggest

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Alice: "All right then.." I begin helping *can't remember blk's character's name* moving the stuff in the room. "Does this mean I should follow ...Pyro around a lot, or will he come to me?"
---
Erdely: "Oh, okay. I'll enjoy this." Not at all fazed by the threat-a quick death is boring, anyway- I recessed into my mind, pulling out all the triggers and all the stops. I'm absolutely positive that these guards have no magic, and a quick study confirms it.
Immobilizing them is a task, though, since they've got a rather high resistance. Here I suppose most mages would just kill them with magic, but it's too quick. A drawn-out death is better, much better.
I skip into the hallway, leaving two eviscerated corpses behind. Killing is fun. Every night, all the time. With Void helping me, I can enjoy it more. And besides, being a ghost is not the final death, is it now? After all the fun, who needs a teacher?

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Void: I follow close behind Erdely watching her every move. The teachers wil be the bigger threat that I will have to help with "I see you prefer to cause them agony, then let me show this this." he says as a guard is walking around the corner, smoke forms his body into a solid form as his hand appears to go through the guard's abdonmen like the flesh isn't even there and appears partly invisible then the hand solidifies. The guard screams as it pushes his organs apart and with a pulling and twisting of my wrist I pull most of those organs out with leaving the guard to bleed out engrossed in pain "It's call 'Phase'. Simply imagine it's not there and think of nothing and it will pass right through then let everything flood back in and it will be solid once again." I say in a plain voice

Alyssa: I nod and walk over to the door where I begin writing on the door in a strange language. I only knew this one word that blocks entrance through anything my mother had taught me. After I finished writing, I wrote the symbols of the elements around it in a circular pattern, this would strengthen the seal.

Desmond: I smile as I can feel the magic flow back through me. We still need training no matter how much of a death trap this is, Someone who knows every aspect of the arcane arts to teach us. We all knew the basics most likely from our parents or other means but that would do against some of the most dangerous magic users in the world that teach us what will need to learn. I think about this as I help move some of the heavier things and I smile at our little headquarters and think to myself Revolutions have started smaller than this

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Alice: I section off part of the board as a list, and, after a few second's thought, write down our code names. I feel a bit silly -we're not in a spy movie- but every precaution is absolutely necessary here. It seems almost alright, not completely terrible, but tomorrow is yet to come. We'll find out then.
------
Erdely: I nodded and smiled, testing the Phase on various bits of my anatomy. When Void isn't looking, I reach through the wall curiously. "I've heard that the other students are starting a rebellion of sorts," I said after dropping another guard, noticing with delight how his brain felt in my hand. "Can I join? Pretty please?" I turned my pouty face on Void and shifted the brain in my hand. "You said I should blend in, and that's what all the funny ones are, right?" I scratched my face, leaving a smear of blood.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Void: I laugh as she says rebellion "Every few years there is a attempt at resistance but each time it fails.." I say mockingly "But they will be a good cover for now." I say stopping dead in the hall "How cute, one of them is setting up a seal. Well now I know where they are, hold on." I say taking Erdely's hand and we dissapear, lights flooding our vision until we reappear in the basement and I let go of her hand "This is a rebellion? Hmm." I say to the people I see, taking a walk around them like a predator to prey "You may call me Void. This is Erdely and I am going to help you." I say like they have no choice but to accept
Desmond: I finish moving the heavy stuff only to see a mysterious man dressed in all black appear. I listen to him speak, it sounded emotionless. I saw the girl behind him, the same one from the dinner. I had an even worse feeling about her.
Alyssa: I finish the seal on the door and smack my hand together in pride at my work. When I turn around, Void has just appeared and I remeber hearing that name "Void? The vigilante mage? Guys, if he is helping us then we have more than a chance." She says smiling as she looks at him "People think he is a myth but I guess this one is true."

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Alice [Pentagram]- I sit on one of the chairs and watch the whole conversation intently.
---
Erdely: I stepped out from behind Void, and placed the brain discreetly on an empty seat. Maybe I could come back to it later. Hopefully nobody would question one or two bite marks. I've never eaten a brain before. It's surprisingly tender.
I smiled at the people, baring my bloody-streaked teeth. Scaring people was my specialty, preparing them for eventual death. Void had said not to screw them up too much, but how much is too much? Only way to find out is push them.
I walked over to the board. "Oh, you've all got nicknames?" I scanned the list. Pyro...Tesla...Pentagram....Specter..."And without me." I murmured. Aware of at least two eyes on me, I took my fingernail and scratched the word 'Satan' jaggedly under the list, making an ungodly screeching sound and pulling more eyes. But then again, I was ungodly, wasn't I?

Showing 76-90 of 181