ForumsForum GamesWar For Ore (Mining RPG)

742 177320
lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

In the year 2034...
Mining can be dangerous, being crushed, suffocated, or trapped and starved to death are only the usual risks. You could also be redirected into the sewer and drowned, shot by other rogue miners, or eaten alive by monsters from the depths. But they pay is good, the right merchants will pay handsomely for minerals or metals, and the wrong merchants will pay the gear you steal from other miners.
To start your life as a miner fill out the character sheets below.

Name:
Description: Optional
Currency: $300
Arms: None
Armour: None
State: Healthy
Items: Pick-axe, knife.

Also spend you starter money for gear at Godmund's Shop.
(Note: Weapons will stay in your items list and not under arms until you choose to equipped them)

-------------------Godmund's Shop----------------------------------------------

Gas mask: Mask that blocks out toxic fumes with a cloth covered in charcoal, is made of laminated glass so it won't shatter if it cracks. $40

Rebreather: Mask which recycles the air the wearer is breathing. $100

Kevlar: Dense synthetic body armour, well capable of stopping any non-magnum bullet under 7mm and spreading the impact force. $100

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Colt Predator
Type: Revolver
Type stats: Double-action Non-magnum
Ammunition: 10mm lead bullets
Ammunition feed type: six chambers
Cost: $150

Name: Concord-forger
Type: Revolver
Type stats: Double-action Magnum
Ammunition: 7mm lead bullets
Ammunition feed type: six chamber
Cost: $180

Name: Snyder and Kemp
Type: Handgun
Type stats: Single-action
Ammunition: 6mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 12 bullets in a clip
Cost: $120

Name: Gorgon
Type: Handgun
Type stats: Double-action
Ammunition: 9mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 8 bullets in a clip
Cost: $200

Name: Double barrel
Type: Shotgun
Type stats: 15mm bore
Ammunition: Buckshot
Ammunition feed type: Brake-action, two shells

Name: Barb Spitter
Type: Shotgun
Type stats: 12mm bore Pump-action
Ammunition: Fletchette shells
Ammunition feed type: four shells

Name: Uzi
Type: Sub-machine gun
Type stats: 12RPG
Ammunition: 5mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 25 bullet clip
Cost: $200

Name: Waster
Type: Sniper rifle
Type stats: Magnum, laser-pointed
Ammunition: 11mm magnum bullets
Ammunition feed type: One bolt-action loaded round
Cost: $210

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Medical attention: Healing for all injuries. $20

Medical kit: For healing whilst in the mines, limited resources. $50

Medical Insurance: Unlimited free medical attention. $650

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 742 Replies
Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

Name: Ilden A. Rendegraverâ¨
Description: Ilden was born in New Greenland, He has finally acquired a Pick-axe capable of actually breaking rock & the musculature required. Ilden has followed the Mineral-Rush, he intends to acquire enough money to buy the cure for his older brothers illness. Brass colored hair, dark brown eyes and coffee brown skin.â¨
Currency: $10â¨
Armour: Gas Maskâ¨
State: Bruised, mildly sedated
â¨Items: ,Medical Kit, white rock, Yellow lump nick-named 'Ãrevoks' Journalâ¨, Pick Axe. Barb-spitter 0/4, Snub-nosed Colt 0/6
k17 micro assault-rifle 0/20

"I was born in 2013, My father was a-" Ilden looked at the man blankly for a moment. "Oh, uh, I mean, I was abit fight or flee then...You guys looked rather menacing..."

LatinxAssassin
LatinxAssassin
614 posts
Nomad

Name: Jack Shallow
Description: N/A

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

Name: Lurch
Description: Young punk-rocker and general low-life. He became a miner to further his knowledge of explosives so he might one day overthrow the government. Viva la Revolution!
Currency: $10
Arms: Gorgon 2/9
State: Cuffed
Items: Pick-axe, knife, gas mask, med-kit, smashed bottle

I run to find some dead cop's body, all while keeping my eyes peeled for Merrin. Hopefully I can find some handcuff keys on the corpse.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Description: Ilden was born in New Greenland, He has finally acquired a Pick-axe capable of actually breaking rock & the musculature required. Ilden has followed the Mineral-Rush, he intends to acquire enough money to buy the cure for his older brothers illness. Brass colored hair, dark brown eyes and coffee brown skin.â¨
â¨Items: ,Medical Kit, white rock, Yellow lump nick-named 'Ãrevoks' Journalâ¨, Pick Axe. Barb-spitter 0/4, Snub-nosed Colt 0/6

"Um...I'll just put down that you had a concussion or something."
The medic tells you. "Because we need you to lead us into the building safely."
That said he leads you out side where a assault-team of about 8 are waiting.
"Alright," says the leader of the group, a spindly man with a particularly gristley looking face "Are there any risks or hostile forces inside that we should know about?"

You seem to have forgotten to buy any starter kit, so if you wouldn't mind go back to page 1 and do so.

Description: Young punk-rocker and general low-life. He became a miner to further his knowledge of explosives so he might one day overthrow the government. Viva la Revolution!
Arms: Gorgon 9/9, Peasants Regal 7/7
State: Healthy, left shoulder-muscle pulled

You soon come upon a felled cop, and he has some keys, unlocking cuffs you are currently wearing proves to be fairly difficult but you manage to free yourself, at the forfeit of a pulled muscle. On the dead cops person you also find a clip of bullets for your Gorgon and a .50 caliber handgun.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

I explain what I've seen. "The risks and plainly self defensive creatures seemed to be in equal parts. Please try the diplomatic approach before shooting a talking lump of flesh or your gun slinging white entity." Ilden looked at his barb-spitter remorsefully.

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

Pulling the gag from my mouth, I rejoice at the new found weapon and my hands being freed. I pop the gas mask on and join the side of the rebels, returning fire at my previous captors. With a wicked grin I shout, "Kill all fascists!" at the top of my lungs.

LatinxAssassin
LatinxAssassin
614 posts
Nomad

Armour: Rebreather, Kevlar

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

The team nod, before checking there weapons. They have a fairly unusual set of side-arms, some hold high-tech revolver, one of them even has an old Parabellum-pistol!
They move to the doors of the elevator and one forces the door open with a crow-bar.
After leaving the elevator you and the strike-team come upon the chaos of two security bots retired by a mad man with a magnum.
Several members of the team tsk, tsk, and shake there heads sadly.
As they pass the wrecked bots and approach the hall you hear several loud metallic scraping noises.

Armour: Gas Mask
Items: Pick-axe, knife, med-kit, smashed bottle

As you call out a blue-jacket left-hooks you in the face, before drawing a un-loaded shotgun, holding it defensively like a club.
As he engages you you catch a glimpse of Merrin over his shoulder. lying over the ground with a man in a medical coat standing over him.

Would you like to start mining in the city, outside city limits or in the forest Mr. Shallow?

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

I test my new gun on the policeman aiming to put a slug between his eyes.

LatinxAssassin
LatinxAssassin
614 posts
Nomad

Would you like to start mining in the city, outside city limits or in the forest Mr. Shallow?

I would like to mine in the city.
lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Arms: Gorgon 9/9, Peasants Regal 6/7

As you pull the trigger there is a bark of retort from the 25mm pistol and the mans head snaps back, he stands there for a second, fragments of glass raining down from his visor, before toppling, stiff as a board.

You enter an old tin mine, via a converted out-house and find yourself in a large locker room. A tired looking clerk tells you that there's a ladder going down at the end of the room.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

"Whats that?" Ilden asked jumpy. "Can I have some Ammo?"

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

"Works like a charm," I run over to Merrin and ask the doctor, "This is my friend, is he going to be okay?"

LatinxAssassin
LatinxAssassin
614 posts
Nomad

You enter an old tin mine, via a converted out-house and find yourself in a large locker room. A tired looking clerk tells you that there's a ladder going down at the end of the room.

"Is it safe to go to the mine?" Jack says to the clerk.
lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

The leader shakes his head to you and gestures for two of the squad to trial behind slightly before continuing. As you enter the scaffolding area the people around you start visibly showing unease.
The scraping noise gets louder.

The man in the medic-coat turns to you, he has unnervingly blue hair.
He shakes his head sadly "He seems to have swallowed at lot of water."
Apparently Merrin is the sort of person who can drown himself in half a bucket of water.
"We should get him some where safer."
A SWAT man appears behind him and raises a sub-machine gun there is a flash of motion as another rebel strikes them with the butt of a handgun.

(I should have a picture of both these people by my next post.)

Currency: $100

The clerk giggles for some reason before holding out a key and asking if you would like to buy a locker.

Showing 286-300 of 742