ForumsForum GamesWar For Ore (Mining RPG)

742 177059
lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

In the year 2034...
Mining can be dangerous, being crushed, suffocated, or trapped and starved to death are only the usual risks. You could also be redirected into the sewer and drowned, shot by other rogue miners, or eaten alive by monsters from the depths. But they pay is good, the right merchants will pay handsomely for minerals or metals, and the wrong merchants will pay the gear you steal from other miners.
To start your life as a miner fill out the character sheets below.

Name:
Description: Optional
Currency: $300
Arms: None
Armour: None
State: Healthy
Items: Pick-axe, knife.

Also spend you starter money for gear at Godmund's Shop.
(Note: Weapons will stay in your items list and not under arms until you choose to equipped them)

-------------------Godmund's Shop----------------------------------------------

Gas mask: Mask that blocks out toxic fumes with a cloth covered in charcoal, is made of laminated glass so it won't shatter if it cracks. $40

Rebreather: Mask which recycles the air the wearer is breathing. $100

Kevlar: Dense synthetic body armour, well capable of stopping any non-magnum bullet under 7mm and spreading the impact force. $100

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Colt Predator
Type: Revolver
Type stats: Double-action Non-magnum
Ammunition: 10mm lead bullets
Ammunition feed type: six chambers
Cost: $150

Name: Concord-forger
Type: Revolver
Type stats: Double-action Magnum
Ammunition: 7mm lead bullets
Ammunition feed type: six chamber
Cost: $180

Name: Snyder and Kemp
Type: Handgun
Type stats: Single-action
Ammunition: 6mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 12 bullets in a clip
Cost: $120

Name: Gorgon
Type: Handgun
Type stats: Double-action
Ammunition: 9mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 8 bullets in a clip
Cost: $200

Name: Double barrel
Type: Shotgun
Type stats: 15mm bore
Ammunition: Buckshot
Ammunition feed type: Brake-action, two shells

Name: Barb Spitter
Type: Shotgun
Type stats: 12mm bore Pump-action
Ammunition: Fletchette shells
Ammunition feed type: four shells

Name: Uzi
Type: Sub-machine gun
Type stats: 12RPG
Ammunition: 5mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 25 bullet clip
Cost: $200

Name: Waster
Type: Sniper rifle
Type stats: Magnum, laser-pointed
Ammunition: 11mm magnum bullets
Ammunition feed type: One bolt-action loaded round
Cost: $210

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Medical attention: Healing for all injuries. $20

Medical kit: For healing whilst in the mines, limited resources. $50

Medical Insurance: Unlimited free medical attention. $650

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 742 Replies
lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Name: Ilden A. Rendegraverâ¨
Description: Ilden was born in New Greenland, He has finally acquired a Pick-axe capable of actually breaking rock & the musculature required. Ilden has followed the Mineral-Rush, he intends to acquire enough money to buy the cure for his older brothers illness. Brass colored hair, dark brown eyes and coffee brown skin.â¨
Currency: $10â¨
Armour: Gas Maskâ¨
State: Bruised.
â¨Items: ,Medical Kit, white rock, Yellow lump nick-named 'Ãrevoks' Journalâ¨, Pick Axe. Barb-spitter 0/4, Snub-nosed Colt 1/6
k17 micro assault-rifle 0/20,

Al-ice says two words:
"Russian Roulette."

Name: Jack Shallow
Description: N/A
Currency: $100
Armour: Rebreather, Kevlar

The clerk squints at Jack and walks back over to the door.
As Jack moves to the end of the room he see's that one of the locker doors is hanging slightly open.

LatinxAssassin
LatinxAssassin
614 posts
Nomad

The clerk squints at Jack and walks back over to the door.
As Jack moves to the end of the room he see's that one of the locker doors is hanging slightly open.

Jack checks the opened locker to see what's inside.
HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

Name: Lurch
Description: Young punk-rocker and general low-life. He became a miner to further his knowledge of explosives so he might one day overthrow the government. Viva la Revolution!
Currency: $10
Arms: Gorgon 9/9, Peasants Regal 6/7
Armour: Gas Mask
State: Healthy, left shoulder-muscle pulled
Items: Pick-axe, knife, med-kit, smashed bottle

I thought this was over. Glad it's not

Relieved, I tell them what happened at the pub and how I'd be willing to support their cause. "If it weren't for you guys me an merrin would still be gettin' beat on by that glittery cowboy cop and his fat and happy henchmen."

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Inside the locker Jack finds a .44 AutoFang pistol and a old trench coat that smells of mustard-gas.

Description: Young punk-rocker and general low-life. He became a miner to further his knowledge of explosives so he might one day overthrow the government. Viva la Revolution!

Alaznnder nods grimly before gesturing for you to pick up Merrin.
"I have an old haunt not to far from here. It won't be the Ritz but theres running water, light and a definite absence of gun wielding law-men."

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

Description: Ilden was born in New Greenland, He has finally acquired a Pick-axe capable of actually breaking rock & the musculature required. Ilden has followed the Mineral-Rush, he intends to acquire enough money to buy the cure for his older brothers illness. Brass colored hair, dark brown eyes and coffee brown skin.â¨
â¨Items: ,Medical Kit, white rock, Yellow lump nick-named 'Ãrevoks' Journalâ¨, Pick Axe. Barb-spitter 0/4, Snub-nosed Colt 1/6

"You must be crazy! You me play Russian Roulette?" Ilden spun the barrel a few times. "If you go first..." I mumble...

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

"It sounds amazing," I sling Merrin over my shoulder and follow Alezzander and penny to their hideout.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

"You must be crazy! You me play Russian Roulette?" Ilden spun the barrel (cylinder) a few times. "If you go first..." I mumble...

Al-ice takes the Colt and thumbs the hammer before swiveling the weapon to face her skull. Click
Your turn.

As you lift Merrin he stirs slightly in his sleep and mumbles "Snitches get stitches..."
Before you leave Alazzander checks the fallen to see if all are dead.
After rounding up his remaining men he counts them. "Just 13." He says sadly "That's both Huggins and Simons dead." As the injured and helped to there feet you notice the sniper who started the skirmish is signaling frantically from his vantage point on a ledge a few meters higher on the other side of the cavern.
Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

lden raised the gun towards his head. "What...What is the point of this?" I ask, before, raising the gun to my head. My stomach lurches. Ilden pulls the trigger.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

(Not familiar with Russian Roullete, Do I have the option of spinning the barrel in a turn?)

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

I set Merrin down for a moment and try to grab Alazzander's attention, "Oi! What do you think he wants?" I say pointing out the sniper.

sinboss
sinboss
109 posts
Nomad

Name: Quiller Hersh
Description: Quiller Grew up in a harsh family 3 older brothers and 1 older sister his mom died giving birth to him his dad hated him for it his father made him help pay the bills unlike his brothers and sister his father constently abused him until one day he hit his dad with a bat across the face his dad died and his brothers and sister left to live life in the city Quiller soon discovered a job to pay so he could start over mining.
Currency: $300
Arms: Colt Predator
Armour: Rebreather mask

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

You have a option to spin the cylinder, but only once per game,

There is another resonant click. Al-ice takes the gun back and primes it, but before she can make another move there is a ragged cough from the door way and everyone turns. Shepard stands unsteadily clutching a double-barreled shotgun.
Al-ice acts first aiming and pulling the trigger, there is a explosive bang and a slug tears through the air towards Shepard.
It hits him in the shoulder and he stumbles back before returning fire, the old shotgun spewing a plume of smoke. The scatter of pellets ricochets off the floor and sprays you and the strike-team with beads of lead.

Alazzander frowns "Hard to say," Then louder "What's the problem Arrluk!?"
The Inuit man shouts back "Ladder fell!"
Alazzander turns to you "I think he means the ladder he climbed up to get there fell over...Getting him down may be a problem.

Name: Quiller Hersh
Description: Quiller Grew up in a harsh family 3 older brothers and 1 older sister, his mom died giving birth to him his dad hated him for it. his father made him help pay the bills unlike his brothers and sister. his father constently abused him until one day he hit his dad with a bat across the face. his dad died and his brothers and sister left to live life in the city, Quiller soon discovered a job to pay so he could start over mining.
Currency: $50
Arms: Colt Predator
Armour: Rebreather mask

Would you like to mine in the city outside the city limits (the country) or the forest?

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

"Wouldn't the obvious choice be to put it back? I'll go do it no problem." I say starting off to help the poor guy.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

"Um...okay, but be careful." Alazzande calls after you.
You take the side tunnel to the other side of the ravine.
Now the sniper is only a few meters away, but the ladder now where to be seen. Supposedly it fell down the ravine.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

I wanted to spin the gun by the barrel...

"Ack!" Ilden yelp, covering his face with his gun. I try to hide behind a cage or something. But I ready my gun for shooting back.
Scattered...as in, shot scattered and molten hot?

Showing 316-330 of 742