VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant
  • 22 Replies
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Students thinking for themselves. A clear and present danger to our school system.

This sort of thing really pisses me off.

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Why is it always Florida with stupid school crap?

7-year old suspended for eating a Pop-Tart into the shape of a gun

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

Next they'll ban anything that even depicts weaponry. No more history books!

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

when i was young i made 4 smoke bombs and ignited them all at once (whit some friends of course) near all exits of the school.

all we got for doing that was a preach of the headmaster that is was dangerous if their would have been a emergency. after 30mins we could return to class like nothing happened. xD

i guess i would have been a big *** criminal of i had grown up in the usa.
making small home made bombs was almost a hobby of mine. xD and yet ive, never been taken to the police station.
really allot has changed since 20 year ago. xD

but yea, it's a sad story. lets hope the jury has more sympathy for her then the school or police.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Okay cooled down a bit.

I do think it's good that she wanted to experiment and learn on her own. Something that this sort of reaction it it could easily beat the curiosity out of her. Now the way she went about it was kind of dumb. Mixing chemicals together when you don't know what they will do isn't a good idea. At most perhaps a detention would be in order where they give her a lesson on how chemicals interact.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

What's sadder still is Florida ranks #11 over all in the country. That is down from #8 in 2010.
http://www.edweek.org/ew/qc/2012/16src.h31.html

wontgetmycatnip
wontgetmycatnip
95 posts
Peasant

[url]http://www.wdaz.com/event/article/id/6963/[/url]

Student expelled after false rape claim, school refuses to reinstate his tuition even after police set warrant out for false accusers arrest.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

At most perhaps a detention would be in order where they give her a lesson on how chemicals interact.

I have similar thoughts. I understand completely if they wanted to just discipline her for her careless actions with the chemicals..but to arrest her for possession/discharge of a weapon on school grounds and discharging a destructive device. (and as an adult!!)..that is just too far and unnecessary.

Student expelled after false rape claim, school refuses to reinstate his tuition even after police set warrant out for false accusers arrest.

Poor guy...and at this point all he wants is for them to apologize to him. Nothing more.

Would love to see the full reasoning behind the school's denying of his rehearing request
wontgetmycatnip
wontgetmycatnip
95 posts
Peasant

Would love to see the full reasoning behind the school's denying of his rehearing request

Here.

He got the expulsion reversed.
Two years later.

There's a track record for this sort of thing.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Seriously? What is the world coming to? A detention would have been in order, even LESS.

stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

So she created a little smoke. What's the big deal? I have done a lot of crazy stuff in school as well. (set a trashcan on fire xD)

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Oh relax there's no way they'll actually convict a rich white girl for blowing stuff up.

Oh she's black? Yeah she's going to super jail.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Oh she's black? Yeah she's going to super jail.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKvJhLVVvKwWSxKLnzAGZjvUd2mHVOCN8I5fT5bZJVIDwsL9oV

I wish her the most of luck

Here.

Love the part where they deny that any substantial new information was available.
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

...and this is why I want to move out of America.

wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

You should of named it "What is Florida coming to" Seriously I live here, and the education sucks. The only thing good about Florida now days is the beaches .

Showing 1-15 of 22