ForumsWEPROlympics: is it wrong?

42 7815
gra
gra
28 posts
Nomad

in Beijing, china, they are starting this years Olympics with all of the sports you can think of, although there is a price. Thousands right now are are homeless because of the Olympics, they have been tearing down homes one by one to make room for this years Olympics. To make it worse about 3/5 people don't even have insurance!!! do you think the Olympics should be canceled? (I do)

• 42 Replies
Wittman
Wittman
318 posts
Nomad

I really don't think it should be cancelled but maybe moved somewhere else.

celtuis
celtuis
55 posts
Nomad

ya i agree with wittman

MafiaSlayer
MafiaSlayer
159 posts
Nomad

Well you must look at it in a couple perspectives, in one way, yes it is absolutely wrong but also, this is the ONLY time that Iraq, Iran and other countries of that sort and the U.S. can come together without the subject being war. SO I don't know, but it is completely wrong to throw the citizens out like that.

KHROME
KHROME
618 posts
Nomad

I hear the olympics are going to be held in China this year. I wonder were they are gonig to be held in 2012, if the world doesn't end. If that rumor is true.

Cortexal
Cortexal
80 posts
Nomad

@Wittman: I do agree woth you; it should be moved instead of cancelled.

@KHROME: First of, yes they are held in China this year. And the world will not end in 2012, it was just when the Mayan callender ran out.

oshimoto
oshimoto
46 posts
Nomad

Once again, You can't move the olympics. You don't know how much building has been going on. I've seen pictures, they added on to the airport, they added amazing buildings (seen by myself). They're not going to just go tell them. Oh, we decided we're gonna move the olympics, thanks. No Refunds. Moving it is wrong, but also if they are destroying people's houses that is wrong too. But they must get some compensation.
Also as i mentioned before. If they destroy someones house, they would most likely have money. Most people live in many people apartments.

Cortexal
Cortexal
80 posts
Nomad

Okay, they do not have to move this building itself, but go to a place were it has already been build. That solves your problem right there. And maybe next time the Olympics come, they can try China.

oshimoto
oshimoto
46 posts
Nomad

Ok lets say this. People have bought tickets, airplane tickets, spent thousands of dollars. Lets say one of those people are you. What if you don't hear about this? And you suddenly realize it but all the flights are booked. I'm sure they might give the tickets. And think about all the people in china. They fought for this longs and hard. What if you lived in china or you were of that nationality, and suddenly it was moved because some people just said we don't want it here. How would you feel?

Cortexal
Cortexal
80 posts
Nomad

I would feel as though there is a reason for it. There is a reason for everything and if they moved it I am positvly sure that people would make it national and let everybody know. And the government will probably give something to them saying, sorry here is your REFUND back.

oshimoto
oshimoto
46 posts
Nomad

Im talking about airlines. Ok so they refund your tickets, What if you don't get more tickets. Your not really thinking that deep. I am chinese and if the olympics were moved i would be pretty mad.

Cortexal
Cortexal
80 posts
Nomad

Well, they would move it for ONE time and it would be fine. They could always come back to China if they needed to, they already have there stadium build. But what would you do if you were somebody who had bad insurence and couldn't go. How would you feel.

oshimoto
oshimoto
46 posts
Nomad

Sorry, but what does insurance have to do with anything?
Sorry but i do not understand.

oshimoto
oshimoto
46 posts
Nomad

Whatever i will continue this tommorow, Going to Read. Bai!
We shall continue debating another time!

Cortexal
Cortexal
80 posts
Nomad

If you have little/bad/ or no insurance. then you will not be able to get in the Olympic, and why would you wcare about it if you couldn't get in it. And since most of the people in China have little/no insurance, then they can not go.

TheMetalGrunt
TheMetalGrunt
113 posts
Nomad

Why would you want to stop it ? I mean, I understand your point, but thousands of people make millions of dollars off the olympics through both advertising and bets. They're not just going to stop it. That means advertising refunds.

Showing 16-30 of 42