ForumsThe TavernIs it possible to have 2 internet providers?

5 2600
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

I live with my family and when they use netflix or youtube it lags me out when I'm trying to game so I was wondering if it is possible for me to pay for a second internet connection that I can have to myself so they wont lag me out.

Does anyone have any experience or info on this that will help me because it is really annoying when I'm gaming and suddenly my ping hits 400 and I have to go off because it's unplayable.

• 5 Replies
wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

Or you could just get another network. My family has two, one for the PS3, Kindles Etc Etc. and one for the computers.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Does anyone have any experience or info on this that will help me because it is really annoying when I'm gaming and suddenly my ping hits 400 and I have to go off because it's unplayable.

If you have money just get some broadband provider.
They give you a USB size modem and you get Internet via satellite.
You can move everywhere and always stay connected.
Most start around $40/ month.
partydevil
partydevil
5,129 posts
Jester

satellite i-net gives you a static 124ping in 99% of the games.
most games are unplayable whit satellite connection.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

My ping is fine just not when they are watching videos I tend to get around 30-70.

Or you could just get another network. My family has two, one for the PS3, Kindles Etc Etc. and one for the computers.

I'm pretty sure that that is what everyone if not it would still be running off the same internet provider?

If you have money just get some broadband provider.

We have broadband and its pretty much the best you can get in my area hence why I am wondering about having 2 providers going to my house so I will run on one and my family on the other.

They give you a USB size modem and you get Internet via satellite.
You can move everywhere and always stay connected.
Most start around $40/ month.

Thats sounds cool but my first though is that I don't think it would be fast enough for gaming and as partydevil has said it seems to back up my initial thoughts but I will look into I've never heard of it being commercially done but I knew they had been testing it.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

My family had two for a short while. One was DSL, the other Cable. It's fully possible.

Now you just have to figure out if you want to pay all the activation fees.

Showing 1-5 of 5