ForumsGamesPS4 vs. Xbox One vs. Wii U

400 159591
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

This is the official thread for PlayStation 4 vs. Xbox One. Which will be the one console to rule them all? Let's hear your opinion.

• 400 Replies
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

And Im sure that the release of a new zelda or smash bros game will force people to buy it.

SSB:U won't raise sales much, they will just buy it for the 3DS.
Zelda, maybe, depends on how many more times they remake a old game first, and how well they liked SS would also be a factor.

~~~Darth Caedus
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

And Im sure that the release of a new zelda or smash bros game will force people to buy it.

That's the correct word. Force. Because Nintendo does that - they hold you hostage to a bad console with exclusives. I for one won't stand for that bull**** anymore.

PC
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
PS4/X1
Wii U
Ain't that God's honest truth. Games run better, cost less and aren't completely reset with every "generation". In fact, there's no such thing as generations in PC gaming.

I've heard that the ps4 has a big touchscreen-type thing on their controller. What games are going to use a touchscreen? Not assassin's creed, not CoD. The only way that I can see using the touchscreen is a mini game on Zelda or a platformer. The xbox's controller doesn't have wasted space, and fits perfectly in your hand.

Controllers are a matter of preference. If you prefer the Xbone controller, that's fine, but saying the PS4 controller has "wasted space" is laughable. There's nothing objectively wrong with it.

As for launch titles, I'll be honest: neither console looks good. But looking at the future, I'd bet on the PS4 having the better exclusives, because the PS3 always did, and Sony's studios are far and away some of the best in the industry. MS doesn't have anybody like Naughty Dog or Santa Monica or Sucker Punch working for them.

But that's in the future, of course. IMO buying consoles at launch date is for chumps. Who needs the "latest" games, especially when they're so meh?
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

I've heard that the ps4 has a big touchscreen-type thing on their controller.

It's not that big, and it's on the back of the controller so it does not waste space.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

@ghost: On PSU.com they had an article about how the devs of Metal Gear(?) said that the hardware is practically identical. While yes, the PS4 has better base hardware the Xbox has some sort of 32MB....Yeah I really don't know, I guess they just overclocked it until it was equel.

@pickpocket: Titanfall broke E3 records for most critics choice awards and probably others. Also, Respawn said that the PS4 can't handle Titanfall because of MS' cloud computing.

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

I'm quite sure what Respawn said about the PS4 is transparent bull**** and MS just paid them for exclusivity.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

Well if you're just going to call this out as profound bullcrap then we could go around saying stupid things like the Wii U is actually up there with the other consoles on power. Because after all MS and Sony were paid to say that their console was better.

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

Look, Sony wasn't gonna just pass on this game. That doesn't happen. Launch day titles are serious business, and if MS is gonna make a profit from doing this, so would Sony. Microsoft aren't the only ones with "cloud" services out there, whatever the hell they mean using that catch-all phrase, and the XBox certainly isn't more capable than the PS4 of utilizing them.

No, Respawn simply made a deal with one and not with the other. That's why Sony doesn't have those cloud servers - it doesn't need them.

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

i have had a x norm and 360 i also have had a ps2 and a wii so i know what all are like the u is good because of the tablet feature which i love also it has zelda

x just went for more money and i a piece of bull crap

ps4 is just your average console and thats not quite my thing

so in the end the u is for me because then i can play while the rest of my family watches tv

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

So then I'd like you to explain them saying that it being for the PS4 was "definitely not out of the question".

Besides, Respawn was created by 6 former Infinity Ward workers and I never made an Xbox exclusive CoD now did they? If the PS4 has so much better cloud capabilities then explain:
A: why Ghosties isn't getting dedi's
B: Forza has awesome cloud computing features and MS bragged about that, if Sony's were better than or equal to then why haven't they said crap about any of their games having cloud enhanced features?

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

If the PS4 has so much better cloud capabilities then explain:

I didn't say it did.

So then I'd like you to explain them saying that it being for the PS4 was "definitely not out of the question".
Because MS does "timed exclusives" all the freaking time.

Look, "cloud computing features" aren't something the XBox has. It just means MS is sinking money into servers. Better money than Sony could, probably. There's nothing to suggest the PS4 couldn't do any one of those things, if there were servers for it to connect to. So yeah, blaming the console itself is transparent bullcrap. They made a deal with MS.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

Microsoft has more so they bought a cloud computing equipment but Sony couldn't afford it so therefor it's not fair and it doesn't count? Bullcrap. Just because Sony didn't have the money for it means that the X1 is better because their competitors didn't risk the money.

Honestly though, do you actually think that MS spent 10 billion $ so that one game that might make 2 billion can have dedicated servers on their platform (wouldn't make a billion just from Xbox) which would hardly effect their sales? I find arguing with you less productive than pondering why unicorn turds aren't gray.

Titanfall also (as I'm sure you would say) "just so happens to be online only" which "coincidentally" goes with it being vastly enhanced by the cloud.

You failed to explain Forza.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

A: why Ghosties isn't getting dedi's

Woody said that PS4 should have dedi's for ghost, and that they will just go up after launch because they are still working on them.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Microsoft and Sony are using ancient software. Sure, it's upgraded and powerful, but it's an old type. Nintendo uses a more advanced software, and even hardware. It may be in it's beta stages, but it is still very powerful

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Microsoft and Sony are using ancient software. Sure, it's upgraded and powerful, but it's an old type. Nintendo uses a more advanced software, and even hardware. It may be in it's beta stages, but it is still very powerful

Could you explain? The Wii U OS was developed before PS4 and X1. The X1 and PS4 have upgraded and more powerful hardware, and upgraded means it's more advanced. I don't get what you're talking about.
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

Yeah, that's just insane. The Wii U was surpassed hardware when it came out. Meanwhile, X1 and PS4 are sporting 8-core processors and some pretty sweet integrated GPUs. They're relatively mid-range and you'll be able to outstrip them with PCs effortlessly in a year's time, but next to the Wii U they're supercomputers.

Showing 181-195 of 400