ForumsGamesPS4 vs. Xbox One vs. Wii U

400 159727
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

This is the official thread for PlayStation 4 vs. Xbox One. Which will be the one console to rule them all? Let's hear your opinion.

• 400 Replies
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Wii U wins becuase you know what? the xbox one has to be into the internet every 24 hours to work. also, it spies on you. aaaaaand ps4 copied the Wii u. Again.

The xbox changed their features try again

and the PS4 didn't copy anything, their idea of Linking the Vita with PS4s was their idea from the beginning, they just never implemented it
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

also, it spies on you.

No it doesn't, they have the ability to spy on you assuming you keep it connected all the time. Besides, why would they spy on us? The NSA is already doing a fine job of that for those of us in the USA. Even if they were using it to spy, why would they if the average person is half as weird as tumblr leads us to believe.
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Great, Xbox One went to the developers and made a deal. The Xbox could either add more RAM or more GPU. Which will no doubt raise their prices even further on the XBOX One.

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

No, plain and simple. You do not get to choose what "Next generation console" means. Sure, hardware is a part of the next generation but I don't believe that it COMPLETELY DEFINES next generation. Nintendo is still an option in next generation consoles. It's not a very good one, but it's still there.
"Being an option" doesn't make you next-gen. We might as well be discussing the Ouya and the Nvidia Shield and the iPad here, too, if we're going by that logic. The PS2 was an option for most of the PS3's lifecycle, for christ's sake. The Wii is still selling more than the Wii U.

But what did the PS2 not have that the PS3 had? Games and hardware. Same with Wii and Wii U.
And what does the Wii U not have that its competitors do? Games and hardware.

Frankly, I don't see how my definition of next-gen is any less objective than yours.

Boom, here's our disagreement. I don't believe the point of a generation is hardware. I believe, in many cases, software and features (Which sometimes are linked with hardware) are increasingly being more of the point.
Software and features tag along with the hardware. A new console generation is an excuse for new software and features. Microsoft tacked DRM onto its console because it thought it could get away with it, seen as they were starting fresh. But that's not why they started fresh. Sony and Microsoft are creating all this new content as an incentive for gamers to migrate from their long-loved consoles with established libraries to something totally unknown. But hardware is the reason for everything else.

How are they gimmicky? I can just as easily say the controller for the Xbox is gimmicky. I don't believe the gamepad is gimmicky.

No, the controller for the XBox adheres to time-tested and widely accepted standards.

The difference is the Wii U's controller tries to push a new scheme that neither games nor gamers are asking for, and does it half-heartedly. Oh geez, a second screen. There hasn't been a single implementation of the GamePad that couldn't be either totally scrapped with little impact or replaced with an in-game menu. Even the idea of playing without a TV is retarded, because A who the hell wants to do that and B that defeats the touch-screen thing.

It's not even "innovative", strictly speaking. We've had tablets for ages now, we've gamed on tablets for ages now. And the controller itself is a cumbersome, poorly-designed piece of hardware. When will Nintendo start making controllers like the GameCube one again, made for human hands, instead of freaking rectangles?

Then, you go on to talk to Nintendo as a company making rehashed games which doesn't really link to the console.

Oh but it does link to the console! Your principal argument when I say it has a poor library, and pretty much that of anyone who defends the Wii U, is "but it gets Nintendo exclusives so it has games". The games are fundamental to the Wii U, because it has no audience otherwise. Criticizing them is absolutely pertinent to a discussion of the console.
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

Which will no doubt raise their prices even further on the XBOX One.
Why would it? Gamers don't really give a ****. If I can get the same game on both consoles... I'll go to the cheaper console. That's what raising prices does. People just don't buy your stuff.
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Saw the Wii U for the first time today. Couldn't believe how terrible it was. I mean I always talked about it based off hardware and pictures I've seen on the internet. But the thing is literally a brick. Its a huge bulky piece of crap. I've seen scrapped consoles look better than the Wii U.

The screen is pointless because everything on it can be used easier with normal buttons

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

To be fair neither of these three looks very good. They're all bland plastic boxes. The PS4 is the marginally better looking console IMO, and that's not saying much.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I'm just reading through these posts wondering if anyone here actually owns and frequently uses the Wii U, PS3 and Xbox 360.

ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

I'm a big nintendo boy, so I choose Wii U. You just can't beat LoZ. I've never played any of them, though. XD I'm judging by the looks of them. I have a Wii and an Xbox 360, but the Xbox One is still iffy. I'm just afraid they'll add the DRM back in.

lovekilll
lovekilll
1 posts
Nomad

Xbox is perfect

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

They aren't gonna put the DRM back in. Not from their end. If they did they'd be screwing with customers in entire unsupported countries and people whose games they suddenly can't share despite being told they could. Microsoft has nothing to gain from pulling a switcharoo on their end, except customer backlash, a class-action lawsuit and stealing EA's coveted "most hated company in the universe" award.

No, we're just gonna see DRM from publishers, online pass-style. Nothing we don't already know and deal with.

ScaryLlama
ScaryLlama
22 posts
Nomad

stealing EA's coveted "most hated company in the universe" award.

Heh, if you use the EVO crowd as reference, they already are. Microsoft has got some serious PR to do before November.
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

You just can't beat LoZ. I've never played any of them, though.

AHAHAHA! Just goes to show how blind Nintendo fanboys are. Just because a series is old, that doesn't mean it's good.

"These games are the best ever! No other game is better! What? No I have not played the games."
ScaryLlama
ScaryLlama
22 posts
Nomad

I think more people are gonna buy Xbox One more than ANY console. Just because there are tons of Halo fans.

You heavily overestimate Halo's popularity once 343 took over. And anyway, by that logic, Nintendo should still be the top console because at the time of the PS1's birth, Mario was like a god. I also enjoy how you completely disregarded that the PS4 is also less expensive, and only 50 dollars more than the WiiU.
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

I'm just reading through these posts wondering if anyone here actually owns and frequently uses the Wii U, PS3 and Xbox 360

I played the Xbox 360 for about 2-3 years then got the ring of death, but I already was an avid PC gamer way before that. I now have a PS3 but the PSP is probably my most played out of Sony. I loved that thing. As for the Wii U, nah I am done buying consoles, there is literally no point owning one any more.

I think more people are gonna buy Xbox One more than ANY console. Just because there are tons of Halo fans.

Its not that there are more Halo fans, believe me I am sure that there are more Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty and Mario fans. But they only reason you think there are more Halo fans, is because Halo fans are whiny babies. They complain that microsoft screwed over Halo. And its true Microsoft did screw over Halo and so you hear Halo fans whine.
But the reason you don't hear so many fans about the other games is because they didn't screw up.

I'm a big nintendo boy, so I choose Wii U. You just can't beat LoZ. I've never played any of them, though. XD I'm judging by the looks of them. I have a Wii and an Xbox 360, but the Xbox One is still iffy. I'm just afraid they'll add the DRM back in.

Probably the worst argument I have ever heard. And what's funny is Zelda doesn't even look that great in comparison with games like Skyrim.

To be fair neither of these three looks very good. They're all bland plastic boxes. The PS4 is the marginally better looking console IMO, and that's not saying much

I agree, my PS3 looks better than the PS4 IMO and the Xbox One looks like a brick. Almost like a black wii and an old Xbox put together. Its like they entirely forgot what the Xbox 360 looks like and they went back to the old Xbox. Ha but I guess it is the Xbox One so makes sense lol
Showing 121-135 of 400