ForumsGamesChibi Knight 2 - I'm doing it, ask me anything!

106 42048
BoMToons
BoMToons
68 posts
Nomad

I made Chibi Knight 1, and have been chipping away at the sequel for a while. I'm finally kicking things into gear to finish it off, and I need your help and support to make the final push!

Check out some behind the scenes screenshots here:
https://www.facebook.com/OfficalChibiKnight

Here's the story I've written up so far. This is the first time it's been posted publically!

===============
Every hero faces 2 paths...his choices decide his fate.

After Monocchio's defeat, his spirit and all-seeing eye were banished to the dark realm forever.
Or so the inhabitants of Oukoku thought...

3 years after his defeat, Monocchio's remaining minions began a ploy to summon their master back to the light realm. Two groups rose up to prevent the return of Monocchio.

The Sorcery Clan from the island of Mahou pooled their formidable collection of magic spells and pushed the uprising to the brink of defeat, but at the final moment General Tso reached into the fiery dark realm and unleashed a spell so black it incinerated the eyes of every sorcerer in Oukoku. While the knowledge of Mahoun magic remains in their minds, the sorcerers are unable to execute the intricate eye movements necessary to use their magic. Rumors have since begun to circulate about a youth who will redeem Mahoun magic by learning their most potent spells and defeating General Tso.

After General Tso's victory, Oukoku mourned the loss of its sorcerers. The Beastmasters, long hidden in the Yajuu mountains, broke their 100 year separation from Oukoku and mounted their own attack on General Tso. Using their close connection with animal life, they fiercly dominated Tso's armies and let their beasts feast on the battle remains. In a dastardly move, General Tso poisoned the Yajuu beasts' food supply, thus eliminating decades of specialized training and defeating the Beastmasters' gambit. In shame, they retreated back into the Yajuu mountains with their proverbial tails between their legs. Shortly thereafter, the Yajuu Seers predicted that only one who could master the ways of the Beastmasters and summon the mysterious "Hebi" beast could defeat general Tso.

General Tso, hidden near the Kazangan volcano range, now seeks to complete his plan to bring about the return of the evil Monocchio.
==================

Basically, I want to make the player decide between specializing as a magician or as a beastmaster. Which is an un-revoke-able decision and seriously affects the way the rest of the game plays out.

Ask me anything you like about the game and I'll try to reply in a reasonable amount of time.

--BoMToons

• 106 Replies
BoMToons
BoMToons
68 posts
Nomad

I just changed the facebook page to http://www.facebook.com/SuperChibiKnight

trying
trying
467 posts
Bard

Make a secret way to win as both!

BoMToons
BoMToons
68 posts
Nomad

You will have to play through twice to see both sides of the coin. The whole game changes depending on your choice!

yourethecatsmeow
yourethecatsmeow
3 posts
Nomad

Is your daughter still going to be the voice of Chibi Knight?

BoMToons
BoMToons
68 posts
Nomad

Yes, my daughter will return to reprise her role as Chibi Knight. She's a bit older now, but still has a cute kids' voice :-D

crazyworkins
crazyworkins
34 posts
Herald

Throw in a Sword of Laban, or Liahona or something to tie it into your other games - at least as easter eggs or something.

BoMToons
BoMToons
68 posts
Nomad

@cracyworkins: ha ha, not a bad idea! :-D

joeybetz
joeybetz
107 posts
Shepherd

Are you planning on bringing it to any other platforms?

BoMToons
BoMToons
68 posts
Nomad

@Joey: I wouldn't mind, but it would probably be down the road once it has a proven track record.

What platforms would you like to see it on?

joeybetz
joeybetz
107 posts
Shepherd

It would be great to see it on Windows, Mac, and Linux as a downloadable game.

Not sure about mobile, as the controls are always a challenge on that platform. If you can pull off some touch controls for the game, then might as well.

What is the game being developed in?

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Do you have any unreleased art?

Shadow123456a
Shadow123456a
1 posts
Peasant

do it i love the before i bet this one is better

BoMToons
BoMToons
68 posts
Nomad

I'm not sure what steam thinks of offering the game outside of the steam service. They say they encourage other platforms, but I wonder.

The final steam product will be a flash file wrapped in some c++ stuff to interact with steamworks achievements etc. I don't think it'd really work for mobile touchscreens. I want it played with a controller!

lordawe
lordawe
2 posts
Shepherd

I wonder if it will by free on steam at first

ezio1999
ezio1999
1 posts
Nomad

lol sorry to me grammar freak here but I don't think plot is spelled "Ploy" XD anyways good game I love it.

Showing 1-15 of 106