ForumsThe TavernWhere did everyone go?

22 6469
DidactUnbound
DidactUnbound
370 posts
Nomad

I noticed that a lot of users have been vanishing recently, and this worries me. I was just introduced to the forums a few days ago, and earlier this year, around January, Exit Path 2 had a massive online multiplayer. Then one day...nothing...

• 22 Replies
Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

who cares.

The OP obviously cares and I'm sure many more people care for why people are leaving or have been inactive. Please don't bring unnecessary comments to this thread, especially ones like, "who cares."

Thanks. =)
kingofwar1234
kingofwar1234
603 posts
Peasant

Emp made his account 2011..Ghost made his account 2010

*cough* * cough* whoops.... I just made that whole statement look bad... Well. I really could not think of any other 'veterans' at that point in time. My bad. i would've said FireTailMadness and Ernie13 but I know that ernie was well over 20 at the time he made his account, so i thought that it wouldn't help anyway.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Note: My comment refers to the fact that kingofwar1234 was discussing users with accounts made in 2008..then listed Emp and GOM as such users

My bad...I did not catch that.
But my statement remains relevant.
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Me and nicho are here and we are at the army for god sake. These "life" you are talking about is just a sad excuse for "i need to show to myself that im a grown up". Live like that and you eill become a grumpy cat.

Secretmapper
Secretmapper
1,747 posts
Nomad

@SunPixie Yeah, I really wish I could, but I'm very busy with life right now... I'm preparing for college AND was just hired for a game programming position as basically an intern. Living the dream

I have a story kicking in my head though, so I'll probably get down to it in November and join Nanowrimo for the first time.

And Besides, you aren't doing justice too with just 75 posts. Created a thread in the AMW recently?

pHacon
pHacon
1,903 posts
Nomad

Me and nicho are here and we are at the army for god sake. These "life" you are talking about is just a sad excuse for "i need to show to myself that im a grown up". Live like that and you eill become a grumpy cat.

And I'm in the Navy. And before that I was a full-time college student. And before that, I had a heavy course load in high school.

My work days have been at least twelve hours long for the last two to three years. Now they're at least fifteen and I generally struggle to find the time to eat more than one meal a day and get enough sleep to carry on to the next day without falling asleep.

You two are here because you can afford to be and are still interested in being here. For myself, this place just hasn't been worth spending my small amount of free time on, and I'm sure a lot of others would agree (to be honest, I'm not even sure why I chose to come back now). Showing to myself that I've grown up? Maybe you're self-inserting a bit there, because not at all what I meant. People become busy.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

haha yeah.

My work days have been at least twelve hours long for the last two to three years. Now they're at least fifteen and I generally struggle to find the time to eat more than one meal a day and get enough sleep to carry on to the next day without falling asleep.

I still have 2 years of service left.

You two are here because you can afford to be and are still interested in being here. For myself, this place just hasn't been worth spending my small amount of free time on, and I'm sure a lot of others would agree (to be honest, I'm not even sure why I chose to come back now). Showing to myself that I've grown up? Maybe you're self-inserting a bit there, because not at all what I meant. People become busy.

Not exactly interested, more like I don't have enough time to go out and do stuff that I actually need to do, hence I procrastinate here. His English doesn't always translate to what he means to say.
Showing 16-22 of 22