ForumsThe TavernWhere did everyone go?

22 6471
DidactUnbound
DidactUnbound
370 posts
Nomad

I noticed that a lot of users have been vanishing recently, and this worries me. I was just introduced to the forums a few days ago, and earlier this year, around January, Exit Path 2 had a massive online multiplayer. Then one day...nothing...

• 22 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

A lot of users on Exit Path? Keep in mind..the amount of users on Exit Path in no way correlates to the amount of users in the forum

DidactUnbound
DidactUnbound
370 posts
Nomad

Point taken, but it just seemed like after awhile, no matter where I went, there was no one there. And in the forums, it's the same people frequenting them. You, Riptizoid101, R2D21999, SunPixie, and several others I didn't list because I'm tired right now.

SunPixie
SunPixie
75 posts
Nomad

Well you see there are actually MORE people coming to the forums now that are from older times so yeah.

It seems to be the AG plague. People left for no reason or they all got busy with life. People are bound to come back though, it is summer time for those teenagers.

Secretmapper
Secretmapper
1,747 posts
Nomad

Well, I don't know if Armor was more active back then or right now, but I personally left AG because I got a lot more busy. I still visit from time to time though.
Oh, and Hi Moon! I still remember posting in AMW. Brings good memories :3

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Multiplayer games will always lose a big chunk of the player base once the game gets old or off the front page. As for forum activity, I can't tell you why. Real life is always more important than ArmorGames, basically.

dav123
dav123
105 posts
Jester

On the last castle barely anyone plays it.
Nobody in the morning though....

drago9292
drago9292
90 posts
Shepherd

Indeed.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

In the Summer activity tends to drop. Mostly because of vacation and that stuff.

When Summer starts coming to an end you'll see a little activity increasing.

SunPixie
SunPixie
75 posts
Nomad

secretmapper wow!!!! ah yes the memories~ YOU BETTER HELP OUT IN THE AMW BRO

Really? Activity drops in summer now? jesus... summer time used to bring a flood of people back

kingofwar1234
kingofwar1234
603 posts
Peasant

Well heres the reality of it.

Let's say someone was 14-16 at the time they made their AG account, sometime in 2008, when AG first came out with the forums/accounts.

We know these people as 'Veterans' , such as Knight, EmporerPalpatine, GhostofTheMatrix etc etc.

Keep in mind they were 14-16 at the time. Now, fast forward five years, to mid 2013. They are 19-21+ years old. Where are they now? At college and/or earning a living. Everyone moves on, whether they like it or not.

I will not be on this site 5+ years from now. I just can't imagine it. I'll be too busy with college and a job. Just keep this in mind.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

I'm going on 22 and still browse with the added bonus of college, so I must be a wizard! In internet terms, a wizard isn't a good thing, so I don't know why I exclaimed at that...

pHacon
pHacon
1,903 posts
Nomad

We are watching in the shadows, waiting for when the time is right to just give up and go home.

Really, there are things called lives. I, for one got hit with a huge sack of it, though from what I've been told, I've missed next to nothing for being gone for this place.

People get bored. Things stop being appealing. Things happen to make Internetting less convenient.

I'm going on 22 and still browse with the added bonus of college, so I must be a wizard! In internet terms, a wizard isn't a good thing, so I don't know why I exclaimed at that...

Don't worry, Ivanka, at least you have spells.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

We know these people as 'Veterans' , such as Knight, EmporerPalpatine, GhostofTheMatrix etc etc.

Wat

Emp made his account 2011..Ghost made his account 2010
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

The oldest accounts only date from 2007, in theory, anyone who's been around for a few years can be denoted a "veteran".

Even those from before the AP removal.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

The oldest accounts only date from 2007, in theory, anyone who's been around for a few years can be denoted a "veteran".

Note: My comment refers to the fact that kingofwar1234 was discussing users with accounts made in 2008..then listed Emp and GOM as such users
Showing 1-15 of 22