ForumsWEPRWomen Run the World?

97 36757
thugtastic
thugtastic
162 posts
Peasant

I know it's been a while since the Rhiana song came out but do women actually run the world?

I would say no, predominantly the household, tribes, and countries have been run by males.

• 97 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Not Rihanna, Beyonce.

predominantly the household

Wat.jpg

Get married..you'll see otherwise.

tribes

Until the men went away =p
We get language from women, though...so +1 them.

countries have been run by males.

Germany and Australia resent that
(among others)
thugtastic
thugtastic
162 posts
Peasant

Germany and Australia resent that
(among others)

China, N. Korea, S. Korea, America, Canada, Japan, Egypt, S. Africa.
(Among others)
I couldn't really bother to care who sung that, sorry.
The household has a head, like a country and usually it's the male who's the head or the Alfa or whatever.
The men were away temporarily.
Language is a joint-venture displayed by both sexes.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

China, N. Korea, S. Korea, America, Canada, Japan, Egypt, S. Africa.
(Among others)

Is this supposed to be the list of countries with male leaders? Or just random countries? (hint: I'm telling you to state what your lists means other than just placing an arbitrary list).

The point of my list was to point out that countries aren't run by males. Some countries are.

The household has a head, like a country and usually it's the male who's the head or the Alfa or whatever.

At times. Women also have a way of controlling the order of the house.

Language is a joint-venture displayed by both sexes.

http://www.paramuspost.com/article.php/20070517211038765
thugtastic
thugtastic
162 posts
Peasant

It seems like I'm arguing against feminists.
Uh yeah countries with male leaders.
Women control order, men are the leaders.
Alright they helped create language, but they all had a way of communicating which could be counted as a primitive language.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I just agree with the stance of human equality.

Uh yeah countries with male leaders.

Again..some countries have male leaders. Not all.
thugtastic
thugtastic
162 posts
Peasant

Most countries.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Most countries

Exactly..but there are still countries featuring women leaders.

Most of these countries, too, feature a completely improbably chance of a female leader in the near future.
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

I know it's been a while since the Rhiana song came out but do women actually run the world?

No, they don't. Men try to run the world, but most of them are more governed by their penis and the simultaneous fear of the emasculation that a liberated woman might represent. So in essence the world is largely run by a fear of woman.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

If there's anything Game of Thrones has taught me, it's that the women of the world have been pulling male political leaders' strings from behind the scenes, but that in itself is a terrible source of information. We *did* see this sort of thing happen throughout history, but for the most part, men have run 90+% of the world 90+% of the time. This is mostly due to the extreme lack of sharing education among the sexes and the social tensions that arose from both traditional and religious values. Back in the day, of course.

Xzeno! I want your input nooooow.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Strop recently told me to play nice with the other kids. Could I get some more specific blue text about how off the lease I can be?

And don't say "follow the site rules" because that's pretty square.

Oh! And Game of Thrones is bad. And you should never "learn" anything from that tripe.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

your stance that man are always the leader just isn't true. you can jump high or low but it is just not true.

man are the boss of the house? yea in the 60's we live 50 years later now. times have changed and man are not always the boss in house.
it can just aswell be the woman or like myself where we do thing in concert.
that man are the boss and woman are not is a old viewpoint that does no longer stand in the year 2013.
thugtastic
thugtastic
162 posts
Peasant

This is mostly due to the extreme lack of sharing education among the sexes and the social tensions that arose from both traditional and religious values. Back in the day, of course.

Sparta was a great example of this. It worked.
your stance that man are always the leader just isn't true. you can jump high or low but it is just not true.

Never said they were the only leaders. Joan of Arc good example for when a women took control.
that man are the boss and woman are not is a old viewpoint that does no longer stand in the year 2013.

Sure not in most First World Countries.
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Woman are amazing as housewives and home keepers. This isn't sexist, it's just what they're good at.

It is sexist...girls are raised from a young age to have skills which help in this area. Cleaning, cooking, sewing, etc. Boys aren't taught these things. They aren't any better at house keeping than men by way of gender.

When they try to take over a man's job, it almost always ends up bad.

How so? And what is "a man's job?" I wasn't aware jobs could only be done by one gender or another.

But just because they shouldn't be working full time jobs, it doesn't mean they can't do great things.

There's no should or shouldn't about it. People can make that choice for themselves. Gender isn't a factor in whether people want/need to work full/part time, for any reason.
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Let me rephrase, they shouldn't have power. When they're bosses or managers, it turns out bad.

"This isn't sexist."
"They shouldn't have power."

Yeah...you're just sexist, like you're racist, homophobic, intolerant, misinformed, and so many other things.

Provide sources for your claims. How does a woman being in a management position or influential spot make for things "turning out badly?"

But it doesn't get done right. I don't think mino...i mean... some other people shouldn't be bosses.

This is simply ridiculous, like everything else you say. You're just bigoted against everyone who's not a white, catholic male that believes in conspiracy theories and hates everyone else who isn't a part of that group.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

One of the factors influencing the low representation of women in high positions, is the general environment women grow up in. Studies have shown that chinese women confronted with the "chinese math wonder" stereotype, were actually better at math, than chinese women who weren't.

So imagine what it is to grow up in a world that thinks women are comfortable at home and not in the office.

Showing 1-15 of 97