ForumsWEPRThe LGBT Community

81 37817
darkblueoc
darkblueoc
31 posts
Nomad

It seems it's no longer taboo for one to be part of this group, and in fact it is becoming popular media. Any thoughts?

• 81 Replies
rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

^ Screwed that up.

I'm sorry..I'm really not liking this title. What's wrong with it just being a part of hip hop? Why the segregation of classification from the sole fact of the sexual orientation of the performer?

I'm impartial toward the name, but I don't disagree with you. However, I see it more as a movement by gay artists in a genre that has traditionally been viewed as anti-homosexual. It's just another way to express gay pride.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Are we talking hip-hop, or rap?

Rap is hip-hop, or at least a form of it.
Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

I could really care less about people's sexual orientation; to each their own.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

I could really care less about people's sexual orientation; to each their own.

I think that's what pisses me off so much about all this.

It's such a non issue. Why the **** does anyone even care?
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

And uh, to be clear, I know why. And I meant why people care about oppressing/finding out if someone is a homosexual, as if it matters. Not why people care for equal rights. That I understand.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Why the **** does anyone even care?

Because people love to be hateful. Why else?
Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

I think that's what pisses me off so much about all this.

It's such a non issue. Why the **** does anyone even care?

Exactly. Does people being gay affect your lifestyle? No? That's what I thought. So people just need to move on. If your religious beliefs are against it, then it only concerns you, not the welfare of the LGBT community, so stop being so homophobic. They're people too.

People need to just quit.

You rock Kasic.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

If your religious beliefs are against it, then it only concerns you, not the welfare of the LGBT community

People need to just quit.

The problem is some Christians feel they have an obligation to prevent them from having a crappy afterlife, so they intervene. They can't simply quit because if they don't fix the person's position, or do all they can to the best of their ability, they feel like they failed a test from their deity and perhaps even contributed to that person's eternal torment.
Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

The problem is some Christians feel they have an obligation to prevent them from having a crappy afterlife, so they intervene. They can't simply quit because if they don't fix the person's position, or do all they can to the best of their ability, they feel like they failed a test from their deity and perhaps even contributed to that person's eternal torment.

Totally agree. I mean, I'm christian and my beliefs are against homosexual actions (Mormon views on homosexuality is another entire debate). but I'm not going to go out and try to 'fix' people, that's messed up. While it's not a lifestyle I would choose, the LGBT community can do whatever they heck they want. I don't affect them and they don't affect me. I even have gay friends who are really awesome.

Basically I try to stay out of gay rights. Not my problem. But I wish them happiness.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

While it's not a lifestyle I would choose, the LGBT community can do whatever they heck they want.

What lifestyle are you speaking of?
rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

While it's not a lifestyle I would choose, the LGBT community can do whatever they heck they want. I don't affect them and they don't affect me. I even have gay friends who are really awesome.

Your gay friends would be offended by this statement.
Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

That probably sounded more offensive than I intended. Just that they can do what they want and I can do what I want. When it comes to gay rights I don't take a stance.

It's a good thing I have you to inform me of what they think and feel; without you, I'd be at a total loss.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

@Wyrzen

I take it that was a quote fail. I will just reply to the top half since i think the bottom part was meant for rayoflight3.

That probably sounded more offensive than I intended. Just that they can do what they want and I can do what I want. When it comes to gay rights I don't take a stance.

That's fine, I was simply asking what lifestyle? Let's apply other orientations to that statement and see if it sounds like it makes any sense.

"While it's not a lifestyle I would choose, the heterosexual community can do whatever they heck they want."

"While it's not a lifestyle I would choose, the asexual community can do whatever they heck they want."
Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

Yup, quote fail.

\\m/

That's fine, I was simply asking what lifestyle? Let's apply other orientations to that statement and see if it sounds like it makes any sense.

"While it's not a lifestyle I would choose, the heterosexual community can do whatever they heck they want."

"While it's not a lifestyle I would choose, the asexual community can do whatever they heck they want."

Well mainly in the fact that I'm not gay. If I was, that would be my lifestyle choice.

....I don't really know where I'm going with this. >.>
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

If I was, that would be my lifestyle choice.

It's not a choice.

Correct me if I'm wrong..but what is being pointed out here is that a lifestyle isn't dependent on your sexual orientation
Showing 16-30 of 81