ForumsSupport ForumWant to be a Mod? Want Merits?

59 15152
John
John
345 posts
Nomad

Then DON'T ASK!

We love that you love Armor Games enough to try to become a moderator or that you want extra points for writing a great review but we will not make you a moderator or give you a merit if you ask.

Why?

Because we choose our moderators by selecting members of the community who are responsible, mature, and contribute in great ways to the site. We watch in our own eyes and suggest to each other who should become the next mod. If you say to us "hey, I want to be a mod!" you are hurting this process because we want to choose based on qualities of users we need... leadership, responsibility, maturity, respect, and dedication to make the site awesome. Saying "I should be mod!" makes us think twice... mod material comes from people who SHOW US they can be a mod, not ASK US.

So don't:
Ask a mod to make you a moderator on the site.
Ask an admin to make you a moderator on the site.
Suggest a user to become a moderator on the site.

As for merits, we don't want you shoving your merits in our faces. We have quite a few people scouring the site looking for awesome comments to merit so if you wrote something good most likely it will be found. If it isn't found, that isn't to say you didn't do something great for the site. People who write lots of good comments end up becoming mods as well, so maybe you won't get the merit but you might get something even better!

So help the site by being good Armor Games users, but let us choose the next mods and merits on our own accord.

Thanks!

• 59 Replies
BlazeLax38
BlazeLax38
63 posts
Nomad

Well I would enjoy to be a moderator and I think that this really helps me to see what I have to do to really be noticed as a moderator. Thank you for making this John, I really appreciate it.

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

yeeeup another person wanting to be mod and sublyminally saying &quotlz make me mod" in that post ^

Reading between the lines is the best way to get a free cookie!

Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

great topic, maybe this will stop all how do I become a mod topics

BlazeLax38
BlazeLax38
63 posts
Nomad

Well Graham, I actually didn't say anything about, &quotlease make me a mod". All that I said is that I would enjoy being a mod if I were to be chosen. Even if I am never chosen as a mod, I will always help the mods and help AG to become a better site.

So please don't go around posting false accusation comments. If you would have looked at my comment closely you could see that there was nothing about asking to be a mod.

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

^^Hey guys chill. You guys are just bickering over nothing. There is no need to pick out someone wanting/liking to be a mod. It just isn't necessary.....

baseballfamer123
baseballfamer123
321 posts
Nomad

I really like this idea but I really don't care if I become a mod.

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

yes you did not actually say &quotlease make me mod" and i know that that's specifically why i said read between the lines

and i think have enough experience to point accusations
i used to host a online game (for 6 months) almost EVERY1 wanted to be mod or admin so after reading all those suck-up topics in my forum i think i can tell if someone is just complimenting and saying that they would 'enjoy' being a mod

and finallyyyy you said "be noticed as a moderator"
"I would enjoy to be a moderator" - obvious
"I think that this really helps me to see what I have to do"

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

oh dear i didn't see what Estel posted
o well whats posted is posted

Elastergirl
Elastergirl
79 posts
Nomad

Well I got my first merit yesterday and I will have to wait a long time until becoming a mod which I don't crae if I am one or not!

swordman
swordman
106 posts
Nomad

cool moderator

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Well actions do speak more than words.

leader1234
leader1234
19 posts
Nomad

Thanks but trust me, this will not come through for some people. What you should do is threaten to suspend the people asking for merits for a few days. And you should do the same for people who ask to be a moderator. But thanks anyway!

hitmanvp95
hitmanvp95
1,089 posts
Nomad

i am not here to became a mod!i'm just here to have fun and play lots of cool games!i will write what i think and not what mods,administrators...would like!i dnt care if i'm a mod,i just care to have fun!!!

Fishyfish
Fishyfish
16 posts
Nomad

How do u get merits could some1 please tell me?

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Hey Fishy, look at this. It's really not that hard to find the answer, just put a little effort!
[url]http://armorgames.com/community/thread/1174971/nn-and-greg-merit-guide-improved[/url]

Showing 16-30 of 59