ForumsSupport ForumWant to be a Mod? Want Merits?

59 15135
John
John
345 posts
Nomad

Then DON'T ASK!

We love that you love Armor Games enough to try to become a moderator or that you want extra points for writing a great review but we will not make you a moderator or give you a merit if you ask.

Why?

Because we choose our moderators by selecting members of the community who are responsible, mature, and contribute in great ways to the site. We watch in our own eyes and suggest to each other who should become the next mod. If you say to us "hey, I want to be a mod!" you are hurting this process because we want to choose based on qualities of users we need... leadership, responsibility, maturity, respect, and dedication to make the site awesome. Saying "I should be mod!" makes us think twice... mod material comes from people who SHOW US they can be a mod, not ASK US.

So don't:
Ask a mod to make you a moderator on the site.
Ask an admin to make you a moderator on the site.
Suggest a user to become a moderator on the site.

As for merits, we don't want you shoving your merits in our faces. We have quite a few people scouring the site looking for awesome comments to merit so if you wrote something good most likely it will be found. If it isn't found, that isn't to say you didn't do something great for the site. People who write lots of good comments end up becoming mods as well, so maybe you won't get the merit but you might get something even better!

So help the site by being good Armor Games users, but let us choose the next mods and merits on our own accord.

Thanks!

• 59 Replies
Fishyfish
Fishyfish
16 posts
Nomad

do u just get merits for posting and the admins liking wut u said because i just created my account yesterday but i have been playing for a while so im just starting to learn somethings

N00BKiller
N00BKiller
255 posts
Peasant

WOW! thanks! but i have a quastion, do u have to use propper spelling to become a mod like:
you=u
why=y
are=r
Thanks=Thx
Sorry=sry ect. ect.

Please comment back!

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Im not sure N00BKiller, but you are supposed to have proper grammar.

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Every mod uses correct spelling and grammar, so I would suppose so, N00bKiller.....

dnguyen
dnguyen
614 posts
Nomad

wow. i hope i could be mod. i'll try to leadership, responsibility, maturity, respect, and dedication.

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

Hey John, you should of added to be yourself, not try to be all professional. That's something that's big. Also, Moderators never use shortcut on words. You also spelled question, proper, and need to capitalize I, put you instead of use, never put but, and, or because, at the beginning of a sentence, and capitalize all the beginning words' first letter. That gives you an idea on how Moderators and admins type it.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Yea, to be a moderator you must display proper grammar.

studdly15
studdly15
15 posts
Nomad

that makes a lot of since thank you

Elastergirl
Elastergirl
79 posts
Nomad

Well yes it is very helpfuk as everybody that looks sees and I really like it!

Prim
Prim
43 posts
Nomad

Yes, it's very informative as well as organized, so everyone will understand it!

Alguzara
Alguzara
519 posts
Nomad

I hope this stops people for asking such questions.
And if it dont,im sure it will atleast stop a few people.

jeffwak906
jeffwak906
237 posts
Shepherd

I hope this stops many people asking for merits. I see people going to Carlie saying, "Hey, do you think this is a merit-worthy comment? If you think so, can you please merit it? Thanks." I mean, come on! I don't ask anyone to give me a merit...

Soho
Soho
131 posts
Nomad

unrealtron, please don't spam on topics like this. It's against the rules. Please say something that contributes to the conversation

@jeffwak906 Yes, but you still want them to give you the merit don't you?

unrealtron13
unrealtron13
170 posts
Shepherd

pop

Elastergirl
Elastergirl
79 posts
Nomad

Soho,of course he does everybody wants a merit if they have a merit-worthy comment,some users somplain if they don't get a merit on a game.

Showing 31-45 of 59