ForumsWEPRWho thinks soccer is a girly sport?

346 52858
AND1BALLA
AND1BALLA
11 posts
Nomad

Personaly, I like soccer but all my buds on my baseball team say it's a girl sport.

• 346 Replies
SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

but I mean there's little sportsmanship in soccer cause pretty much every playing who falls acts like they're dying and it's just not very... man..ly. lol

explain how it doesnt have sportsmanship. im not sure about the major teams, i dont follow them, but do you how much it hurts to pinch a nerve, break a bone, or get nailed in the face with a ball?as Healmeal just said, it has one of the highest injury rates out of all the sports. ya, once you've gone and done all of those, then come back and tell me how it feels to 'act like their dying'.
cenation
cenation
96 posts
Nomad

its not girly its just boring to watch until they score.

hynjie
hynjie
260 posts
Nomad

how is soccer a girly sport? i love soccer. im actually a pretty good goal keeper, but i just play as defense

manny6574
manny6574
922 posts
Nomad

soccer is not called soccer. its called football! (BTW I'm not english/british)

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

soccer is not called soccer. its called football!

But if the thread title changed to...

Who thinks football is a girly sport?

...the Americans here would destroy this thread with angry flamewars. Football fans are quite different from soccer fans, after all.
Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

Yeah we beat somebody up even if we win.

Prettykitty16
Prettykitty16
15 posts
Nomad

i dont think that it is a girly sport because girls just fight when they play
example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExJlxiAWFo4&feature=fvw

CruelAce
CruelAce
71 posts
Nomad

Not at all.
Have you seen some of the crazy things those guys can do?
I remember seeing one picture of a guy slide tackling another guy and popping his bone out of his skin! That's definitely not girly in my opinion.

Healmeal
Healmeal
1,941 posts
Nomad

Or just remember zidan... lol

That's for the fouls...

I remember seeing one picture of a guy slide tackling another guy and popping his bone out of his skin!

The chance that that happens is quite big, or something similiar will happen. Soccer is one of the most dangerous sports around, that's proven lol

im actually a pretty good goal keeper, but i just play as defense

So am I, though I never joined the soccer club even though I wanted to...
DrPepperRain
DrPepperRain
75 posts
Nomad

ok actually i have watched soccer before. Its exciting at first and then you get used to it then its gets boring same with playing it. How is wrestling not competitive? You probably haven't even wrestled before.

DrPepperRain
DrPepperRain
75 posts
Nomad

Wrestling is one of the most competitive sports, you are pitted one on one with an opponent. Three rounds of intense wrestling to either pin or outscore your opponent. One match of wrestling is more of a workout than a whole game of football. Wrestling also gets you in the best shape of your life. You also have to be able to think, meaning you counter a move your opponent does or do a technique if you see the chance.

rtexti
rtexti
15 posts
Nomad

I think soccer is not a girly sport because there a lot of men playing in it too. It's not like F1 racing where women can't compete ass easily because they don't have the upper body strength.

rtexti
rtexti
15 posts
Nomad

the *** was supposed to be as

Justinian2012
Justinian2012
25 posts
Nomad

This is a huge debate at my school. Many people called us the

field fairies
. I play for my school team and the recreational department in case anyone was wondering, and I speak from a soccer player's point of view. NO!!! IT MOST DEFINETLY ISN'T!!! I mean come on people! How many people can continuously run for a straight 90 minutes, with a little break in between? Plus, they could have extra time as well! You need to train long and hard to build that kind of endurance. There are a lot of really amazing male soccer players as well, like David Beckham, Landon Donovan, and Clint Dempsey. Also, soccer has almost no protection, except shinguards and mouthguards, and we still get a lot of contact out on the field. I mean, when I was out on the field during soccer season last year, I got hit by the ball so many times in places on my body with absolutely no protection. AS you can see, soccer is definetly not a "girly sport". What makes a girly sport a girly sport anyway?
DrPepperRain
DrPepperRain
75 posts
Nomad

Well, soccer is not as dangerous as American football, I'm a linemen for my school team and we get TONS of contact. More contact than a soccer player would get in a year. I DO NOT think soccer is a girly sport i just think its boring and its very lame. Soccer players, you say American football is....barbaric, stupid, lame and just a bunch of the guys running up the field and tackling each other.
Well, its none of those except barbaric. It is barbaric in a way. Wrestling, I'm not going to get into that.

Showing 301-315 of 346