63 111231
steevo15
steevo15
1,562 posts
Peasant

Here is my walkthrough of:
Monsters Den The Book of Dread

Choosing your characters and skills

These are the classes I suggest using before embarking on your quest. Also what skills to use when going through your journey.

Rogue - to massivly poison your enemies. Rogues also have a lot of quickness so they usually attack first. They also have alot of good skills

Skills I suggest to use with the Rogue

Poison - Even though the initial hit of this attack may not kill the enemy, the huge amount of poison damage will, this is a great skill to use for just wiping out the enemy

Pierce defenses - This is good to use against armored foes and it can still do alot of damage

Hide - This is a great skill to use if your rogue is low on health, also it gives a huge damage bonus on your next attack

Sneak attack - This attack is great, it can attack any enemy on the field and also it gives a large damage bonus, it is great when used in combination with the hide skill

Create opening - This skill is useful to just take down the enemy, because it basically attacks twice

Cleric - Clerics heal and even revive your party and that is a very large advantage against your enemy, although he may not have very good skills but it is a good trade off considering that they can heal your party.

Skills I suggest to use with the cleric

Heal - This is obviously a good skill to use because it replenishes the health of an ally if they are low on health

Smite - This is a good skill because it does 200% damage to the undead and that is huge, also, it is a guaranteed hit and it can hit any enemy on the field

Heal all - basically a great skill for healing the whole party when all health is low

Revive - simply to revive a fallen party member

Fervor - an amazing 200% damage bonus 'nuff said

Mage - Mages can to alot of damage to more than 1 of your enemies, they are actually powerhouses and are very good if you put them at the back of the line they don't get attacked very often, so the lack of armor doesn't really matter

Skill I suggest using with the mage

Freeze - A good attack for use on one enemy, it even has a chance at stunning the enemy

Fireball - A good attack to use on 2 or more enemies for a large amount of damage

electrical storm - This is a great attack that damages all enemies on the field, and for a large amount of damage too

Power siphon - If you are running low on power, just use this skill, it takes up to 30 power from all enemies on th field

Arcane Armor - Use this skill if you are going up against a large amount of baddies, then you have extra protection

Warrior - This guy is a powerhouse, he can use a variety of weapons so he can do a variety of things with him, his leadership skill helps alot when it is upgraded all that way because it basically lets you attack twice and it doesn't take up any power

Skills I suggest to use with the warrior

Power attack - With this, it lets you to focus a large amount of damage on one enemy, most of the time killing the enemy

Shield Wall - This is helpful if your party is in a bind and needs someone else to take the damage, usually warriors have very high damage resistance anyway so they don't take too much damage

Cleave - (be sure that your warrior is in the front row and in the middle when using this skill) This skill can do alot of damage to the front protecting row of the enemy, thus exposing the back row that cannot be damaged without ranged attacks (which are usually not as powerful as melee attacks)

Blood lust - This is useful when you are finishing off an enemy and you need some extra power

Execute - This is good if you have alot of power to use and you just want to get rid of a powerful enemy. (if you have 100 power it is a guaranteed kill)

Tip: Remember, after getting the desired battle skills, start upgrading the passive skills

Party Placement

Your Rogue should be in the front left
Your Warrior should be in the front middle
Your Cleric should be in the front right
Your mage needs the most protection, so he is in the back middle

Dungeon Navigation

When first entering a dungeon, first go through as much of the dungeon as you can without engaging in a fight, then start taking out all of the small squads of enemies, then heal and power yourself up for the large groups of enemies

Items

Always use the "recommended" tab when equipping your characters with items
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, this is the end of my walkthrough, I hope it helped

Tell me what you think and if you have any questions just ask me

• 63 Replies
17dman
17dman
786 posts
Peasant

nice man im on like level 78

17dman
17dman
786 posts
Peasant

nice guide

Arananthi
Arananthi
1 posts
Nomad

I got the "Hans the warrior" special encounter, and Hans has stuck with me for several fights -- even came with me to a new floor of the dungeon! I've only had him in the back row, don't know if that matters. He's taken some hits, but never gone below 1/2 health.

sparkman21
sparkman21
1 posts
Nomad

Nice, thanks

webb987
webb987
46 posts
Nomad

dude its not that hard of a game nice walkthrough though but i dont get y u would need one dude just get good skills and stuff like that and use good weapons and always kill the bosses for their good stuff

sonicheroes95
sonicheroes95
13,701 posts
Peasant

i think the warrior is a random number of fights but i don't really know

sonicheroes95
sonicheroes95
13,701 posts
Peasant

sorry for double posting but drawfen ale also make their accuracy lowwer

RainingHell
RainingHell
61 posts
Nomad

Personally, for the Expert mode, I used Rogue-Rogue-Barbarian-Cleric. As for skill points, I pumped damage into the physicals and Intellect into the Cleric. The 2 Rogues and Barbarian got 3 strength a level and Cleric 3 intellect.

In the first couple of levels, the setup may become difficult but once you start getting gear, it makes the game simple.

I stacked Speed gear into my physicals and Intellect into the Cleric. The Speed gear pretty much assured that when the fight starts, 2-4 of the enemies will already be dead.

The bars I ran for my team were:

Rogue:

Attack-Sneak Attack-Pierce Defenses
Sap Strength-Create Opening-Cripple

For this bar, Sap Strength is used more on legendary bosses to prevent their damage potential. Cripple is there to debuff a legendary boss before it gets a turn. Create Opening is simple enough. Sneak Attack is to get rid of pesky enemies.

Also, with this bar, I ran 25 Poisoncraft which becomes an easy crutch later on however I did not max out Elusiveness. Maxing out Elusiveness would relay a lot of damage to the Barbarian and might be suicide.

You place the rogues in the front left and front right.

Barbarian:

Attack-Whirlwind-Charge
Dismember-Pulverize

As you may have noticed, the bar only has 5 skills because that's all that you really need. You could throw in Jostle if you fight the Minotaur boss but it's usually not that important.

Whirlwind is massive AoE, Charge is massive damage against a single target, Dismember prevents damage, and Pulverize makes bosses easier to kill.

You place the Barbarian in the front middle.

Cleric:

Attack-Heal-Smite
Heal All-Revive-Holy Light

The only skill I think I'd have to explain is Holy Light. This skill is a nice debuff as well as a nice finisher for Undead enemies.

-----

As for what the best gear is for classes, I found the Cloak of Flames to be amazing for a Barbarian. This is due to the strength, endurance, damage reflection, and quickness bonus it offers. With full speed gear, you can easily achieve 100-115 speed.

For the rogues, I found Distracting Blades to be the best off-hands due to the +hit factor. This makes blinding the rogues futile to an extent.

For the cleric, I used Runed/Vampiric Maces of Speed and Runed/Vampiric Censers of Speed.

AnaLoGMunKy
AnaLoGMunKy
1,574 posts
Blacksmith

I have to disagree with the comment about putting all reccomended gear on. I found carefully choosing my gear depending on what I wanted from my team worked real well. But its deffinate downside is the time spent looking over stats.

RainingHell
RainingHell
61 posts
Nomad

I have to disagree with the comment about putting all reccomended gear on. I found carefully choosing my gear depending on what I wanted from my team worked real well. But its deffinate downside is the time spent looking over stats.

I agree. For my teams when I play, I try to have more speed than damage to an extent. So, recommended gear is pretty pointless to look at because the game will say something is better than what you have but in reality, it really isn't.
jaffamol
jaffamol
5 posts
Nomad

Thank you for this awesome guide for Monsters Den The Book of Dread, looks like you put a lot of time into this.

I'm so addicted to this game!

-----
Shuvvel.com

J0n
J0n
5 posts
Farmer

If you have a character with an attack on more than one enemy, try enchanting that weapon with high poison damage and/or stun

P66909
P66909
2 posts
Nomad

I've just finished playing using each character, and I've realized the following:

WARRIOR

Good for either tanking, or if you want, a front-line damage dealer. Generally, it's exceptionally difficult to have him do both. I, personally, seriously tone down his armor to make sure that he can use Overwhelm on any enemy. This attack is capable of killing an enemy from the start of the battle using sheer damage without using up all of his mana. For that extra-hard-to-kill foe, Execute can be used. Combining Overwhelm with another character's attack can easily knock out an enemy boss character in the first round.

Equipment and Practical Use

He can dish out major killage, especially if you give him the Minotaur's axe and shoot him up with speed items. This blatant abuse of him may make his speed high as a kite, but it gets the job done. For general use, give him a Death's Edge and a parrying dagger for speed or a good shield for tanking. For those Legendary battles, a Gorgon's Head isn't a bad idea, especially against the Gorgon herself. Heavy Soothing armors of Speed are always preferable, as they enable healing without using up a turn, as well as adding enough speed to get in that opening attack. I don't recommend bogging down your Warrior enough to make him go last. Getting hit with stuns isn't fun, unless you've hocked him up on Tenacity armors. Make sure that he has one accuracy item, as it's always a pain to have 5% (one out of every twenty) attacks miss, which, in this chess match of battle, can mean certain defeat. Use Staggering Gauntlets of Accuracy, for sure. Vampirism is usually important for pretty much any damage-dealing class. Later on, you'll be dealing enough damage to practically totally heal most wounds with 3 vampiric items and a regular attack, removing any need to use up valuable turns for healing. Front row center, he's great with Cleave, causing enough damage to enable the rest of your party to smash through the entire front row of the enemy in a turn or two most of the time, regardless of whether there's a boss there.

For his build, I recommend

For heavy damage to the enemy
Attack-Overwhelm-Power Attack
Inspire-Execute-Cleave

For damage resistance
Attack-Adrenaline-Shield Wall
Inspire-Resolve-Defiance

For balance
Attack-Cleave-Power Attack
Inspire-Execute-Defiance

Notes:

A balanced approach is nice, but in battle, if you are ever forced to use that Defiance without combining it with Shield Wall, which is the only way you can use it, then you're already dead.

CLERIC

A damage receiver, for sure, the Cleric is a unit that should be heavy on the armor and high on the Intellegence. Being able to heal and revive other party members is a must, and keeping this guy alive is essential. His attacks are weak, unless you've stocked up on intelligence, which then will make his Litany of Pain and Smite skills pretty powerful.

If you've been keeping up with intelligence, then censers are kind of useless. Might as well give him a good shield to soak up some of that damage he'll be taking, as he's undoubtedly going in the front row to make use of his melee attack. If you REALLY want to use him in the first round, then a censer of Speed can be used, but he's not one for damage, unless you're fighting the undead. Armors of Resilience or Tenacity are a must, unless you're going for speed. A combination of Level 10 Staggering Gauntlets, Punisher, and Gorgon's Head will enable 95% stunnage. Litany of Pain that sucker, and you'll undoubtedly stun someone in your opening attack. Accuracy isn't that useful for supporting characters, but if you plan on using him in any specific attack styles, then you'll need that one accuracy item. Bone ring is good for this, as it also increases his speed, making sure that he isn't the last guy to make a turn. A middle speed of 30-50 will enable him to use his turn in the middle of an enemy volley in a 6-opponent battle, giving you an opportunity to heal critically hurt characters before the rest of the enemy can finish them off in their opening attack. Of course, if you played YOUR opening attack right, several of the enemy should be dead, and the second round should be little more than mop-up of the remaining push-overs.

For tankage
Attack-Heal-Shield of Faith
Heal All-Holy Light-Revive

For balance
Attack-Heal-Smite

For ass-blasting
Attack-Litany of Pain-Smite

Notes:

I have no idea for the life of me why anyone would bother to put strength into the Cleric. He doesn't attack as often as anyone else that you might have in your party, and the only skill that actually makes the strength useful, Fervor, uses up alot of mana. Holy Light is quintessential for most battles in which you don't kill everything in three rounds. Normally, the enemy will miss once every 20 attacks, but with Holy Light, most of them will miss once every three attacks. A serious and very effective means of preventing death when most of the more powerful enemies can kill an unarmored opponent in 2-3 hits.

MAGE

A damage dealer for sure, he is capable of doing large amounts of one-hit damage, as well as stunning the crap outa individual enemies. For whatever reason, he has the Melee skill Enscorcelled Blade, which becomes rapidly useless unless you inexplicable invest all of your skill points directly into Strength. Might as well use another Warrior if you're going to do that. All of his skills do massive damage, but are unlikely to individually take an enemy from full health to zero.

Using only the clothing armors, and using a staff that takes up both hand slots, he's got some seriously limited gear options. His speed can be buffed up with cloths of Speed to the point that he can do an opening attack before the enemy has any idea what hit them. A speed rating of 70 is enough to be faster than the fastest enemies, so anything over that is useless, unless you expect to be hit by speed debuffs. Level 10 Staff of Luminescence in combination with Enlightening Hood will knock out a Legendary monster's ability to cause massive damage to your party better than the Rogue's Flash Powder. Other than that, Give him plenty of Runed items, and maybe a Staggering staff of Lethality for general use.

For defensive use
Attack-Invisibiliy-Arcane Armor
Power Siphon-Electrical Storm-Cosmic Prison

For full assault
Attack-Fireball-Arcane Armor
Freeze-Electrical Storm-Cosmic Prison

Notes:
Good for dishing out damage and in combination with the Rogue. After the first round, if you open up a can a Raid with Litany of Pain and Electrical Storm, the remaining enemies will likely still be twitching, so it's best to follow up his attacks with another character. Of course, two mages aren't a bad idea.

RANGER

Essentially, the all-round character. If you want to take two or more with you, shove one full of Dexterirty and another with Intelligence. I prefer using only one Ranger and shoving him full of Dex. He's capable of healing, which can be useful in a pinch, as well as the stunning Pin, which is useful with a Rogue. His Hunter's Prowess enables him to take out the powerful Beast enemies without much of a problem, and his Pierce and Hail of Arrows does quite well taking out multiple enemies. You can also load him up with accuracy items and put all points into strength to make use of his Force of Nature skill, but then you might as well just get another Warrior. An all-around guy, capable of dealing damage, healing, and using the bows, he's a good guy to have around if you're still trying to formulate a good team. If you can't figure out what you want, just take three of them along.

Quarrel-Ender and plenty of speed items is a good combination. The inability to use an offhand item without sacrificing all of his ranged abilities is pretty severe, especially with the awesomeness that is the Gorgon's Head or Minotaur's Horn. Regardless, he can use the quivers, which increase his speed up to 15 at level 10. His equipment really isn't all that impressive, but he's fast and can hit multiple enemies from afar. Stick him full of Assassin's junk and he'll accidentally kill plenty of enemies as a critical hit.

For defensive use
Attack-Nature's Blam-Healing Lore
Focus-Swift-Pin

For full assault
Attack-Pierce-Hunter's Prowess
Hail of Arrows-Swift-Pin

For general use
Attack-Pierce-Healing Lore
Hail of Arrows-Swift-Pin

Notes:

Replace Pin with Hunter's Prowess when in Beast levels. A single Hunter's Prowess should just kill off most beast enemies you hit, anyway. Go defensive when you're up against a legendary enemy, especially the Gorgon. Swift is only useful if anyone in your team has a speed of under 70, and even then, it's only good for long battles lasting more than a few turns.

ROGUE

Damage powerhouse if you use 2, otherwise he's kind of alright to use. Poison hits can finish off an enemy, freeing up a turn for one of your guys to go wail on another target while you wait for the poisoned enemy to use his next turn dying and getting his corpse out of the way so you can kill the guy behind him. Thief's Luck use useful to boost accuracy to 100%, ensuring that you don't end up missing a turn because you missed. Useful for taking out individual enemies. Unless you take two with you, their power won't shine until you fight a legendary foe. Sap Strength can take out a Gorgon's grip over your team no problem. Stuff him full of strength so that he can wield strong non-dagger melee weapons whenever necessary

The Gorgon's Head is always good to use with the Rogue, as well as Assassin's items. His medium armor enables him to use a Staggering glove, which gives up to 10 stun, which, when combined with the Gorgon's Head and The Shudderer, gives him 85% stun. Since his attack is so high with the addition of Dex to his damage, he can knock out many enemies in two hits. Using Hide, this can be a useful tactic. Of course, the double-pronged Rogue duo will make Assassin's items largely redundant, as a good double Rogue Hide-Create Opening combo will kill many bosses.

For extreme stabbing
Attack-Hide-Create Opening
Sneak Attack-Coup De Grace-Sap Strength

For regular stabbing
Attack-Flash Powder-Create Opening
Sap Strength-Coup De Grace-Thief's Luck

For that "I'm going to backstab him in the front, 'cause with my two rogues, that's the only place left that I can stab" use
Flash Powder-Coup De Grace-Sneak Attack

Notes:

If you already have everyone at 100% accuracy with items, then replace Thief's Luck with Sneak Attack. Elusiveness is a useless and highly detrimental passive skill. Don't put any points in it.

BARBARIAN

Not that great, in my opinion. He's all out for attack, even if he doesn't do more damage than a Warrior. If you want damage, just use a Warrior. His ability to do critical damage with his passive abilities is nice, I suppose, and he can use Whirlwind to smack up the ranks when fighting multiple enemies, but his real use is against legendaries. In long battles, he can use Dismember to increase your team's lasting power, Jostle against Minotaurs' Labryinth attack, and Pulverize for extra damage and convenience. His Charge attack is powerful, but it's no Overwhelm. It also only hits targets exactly two spaces in front of him, which requires him to waste a turn with Jostle if you want to Charge anyone else. Might as well just Attack. He's useful, to be sure, but you might as well replace him with someone else.

He can't use any offhand items except for the special ones like the Minotaur's Horn. He can't use spears. He's essentially the retarded brother of the Warrior. Use a Minotaur's Axe for damage, some Assassin's armor, maybe, and just hope he doesn't die too quick.

For better viewing of your opponent's insides
Attack-Enrage-Charge
Pulverize-Whirlwind-Dismember

For legendaries
Attack-Jostle-Charge
Dismember-Boast-Pulverize

For dumb drooling around the dungeon
Attack-Enrage-Charge
Dismember-Whirlwind-Boast

Notes:

Boast can be used at a range, effectively acting as a ranged attack. If you wanted a ranged attack, a Ranger would've been better.

CONJUROR

Useful, to say the least. Has the ability to summon Bloodsprite to heal the party, Wall of Shadows to take care of Curse, Eldrich Aegis to increase defense, and most importantly, Call Soul to revive your party members to full health which, in many cases, is superior to the Cleric's Revive. He can also do extra damage with the Vortex skill.

Same as the Mage. Avoid using any useless-but-cool looking items like Savant's clothes unless you just like the runage.

For general use
Attack-Wall of Shadows-Eldrich Aegis
Vortex-Bloodsprite-Call Soul

For teams of conjurors
Conjuror 1
Attack-Wargolem-Eldrich Aegis
Conjuror 2
Attack-Wall of Shadows-Wargolem
Conjuror 3
Attack-Manasprite-Eldrich Aegis

Notes:

Yes, a TEAM of Conjurors. It seems that the Conjuror team is extremely useful. You retreat one Conjuror, stick the three remaining ones in the back row, and start summoning like mad. In the unlikely event that you still have a full front row of summoned meat shields, you can smack up the enemy with vortexes. Long, arduous battles ensue, but it's a reasonable strategy for dungeoning, enables you to heal yourself, revive yourself in case of death, and is somewhat unlikely to result in a failed battle, even against harder opponents. Just make sure to take out support enemies quickly.

P66909
P66909
2 posts
Nomad

I've just finished playing using each character, and I've realized the following:

WARRIOR

Good for either tanking, or if you want, a front-line damage dealer. Generally, it's exceptionally difficult to have him do both. I, personally, seriously tone down his armor to make sure that he can use Overwhelm on any enemy. This attack is capable of killing an enemy from the start of the battle using sheer damage without using up all of his mana. For that extra-hard-to-kill foe, Execute can be used. Combining Overwhelm with another character's attack can easily knock out an enemy boss character in the first round.

He can dish out major killage, especially if you give him the Minotaur's axe and shoot him up with speed items. This blatant abuse of him may make his speed high as a kite, but it gets the job done. For general use, give him a Death's Edge and a parrying dagger for speed or a good shield for tanking. For those Legendary battles, a Gorgon's Head isn't a bad idea, especially against the Gorgon herself. Heavy Soothing armors of Speed are always preferable, as they enable healing without using up a turn, as well as adding enough speed to get in that opening attack. I don't recommend bogging down your Warrior enough to make him go last. Getting hit with stuns isn't fun, unless you've hocked him up on Tenacity armors. Make sure that he has one accuracy item, as it's always a pain to have 5% (one out of every twenty) attacks miss, which, in this chess match of battle, can mean certain defeat. Use Staggering Gauntlets of Accuracy, for sure. Vampirism is usually important for pretty much any damage-dealing class. Later on, you'll be dealing enough damage to practically totally heal most wounds with 3 vampiric items and a regular attack, removing any need to use up valuable turns for healing. Front row center, he's great with Cleave, causing enough damage to enable the rest of your party to smash through the entire front row of the enemy in a turn or two most of the time, regardless of whether there's a boss there.

For heavy damage to the enemy
Attack-Overwhelm-Power Attack
Inspire-Execute-Cleave

For damage resistance
Attack-Adrenaline-Shield Wall
Inspire-Resolve-Defiance

For balance
Attack-Cleave-Power Attack
Inspire-Execute-Defiance

Notes:

A balanced approach is nice, but in battle, if you are ever forced to use that Defiance without combining it with Shield Wall, which is the only way you can use it, then you're already dead.

CLERIC

A damage receiver, for sure, the Cleric is a unit that should be heavy on the armor and high on the Intellegence. Being able to heal and revive other party members is a must, and keeping this guy alive is essential. His attacks are weak, unless you've stocked up on intelligence, which then will make his Litany of Pain and Smite skills pretty powerful.

If you've been keeping up with intelligence, then censers are kind of useless. Might as well give him a good shield to soak up some of that damage he'll be taking, as he's undoubtedly going in the front row to make use of his melee attack. If you REALLY want to use him in the first round, then a censer of Speed can be used, but he's not one for damage, unless you're fighting the undead. Armors of Resilience or Tenacity are a must, unless you're going for speed. A combination of Level 10 Staggering Gauntlets, Punisher, and Gorgon's Head will enable 95% stunnage. Litany of Pain that sucker, and you'll undoubtedly stun someone in your opening attack. Accuracy isn't that useful for supporting characters, but if you plan on using him in any specific attack styles, then you'll need that one accuracy item. Bone ring is good for this, as it also increases his speed, making sure that he isn't the last guy to make a turn. A middle speed of 30-50 will enable him to use his turn in the middle of an enemy volley in a 6-opponent battle, giving you an opportunity to heal critically hurt characters before the rest of the enemy can finish them off in their opening attack. Of course, if you played YOUR opening attack right, several of the enemy should be dead, and the second round should be little more than mop-up of the remaining push-overs.

For tankage
Attack-Heal-Shield of Faith

For balance
Attack-Heal-Smite

For ass-blasting
Attack-Litany of Pain-Smite

Notes:

I have no idea for the life of me why anyone would bother to put strength into the Cleric. He doesn't attack as often as anyone else that you might have in your party, and the only skill that actually makes the strength useful, Fervor, uses up alot of mana. Holy Light is quintessential for most battles in which you don't kill everything in three rounds. Normally, the enemy will miss once every 20 attacks, but with Holy Light, most of them will miss once every three attacks. A serious and very effective means of preventing death when most of the more powerful enemies can kill an unarmored opponent in 2-3 hits.

MAGE

A damage dealer for sure, he is capable of doing large amounts of one-hit damage, as well as stunning the crap outa individual enemies. For whatever reason, he has the Melee skill Enscorcelled Blade, which becomes rapidly useless unless you inexplicable invest all of your skill points directly into Strength. Might as well use another Warrior if you're going to do that. All of his skills do massive damage, but are unlikely to individually take an enemy from full health to zero.

Using only the clothing armors, and using a staff that takes up both hand slots, he's got some seriously limited gear options. His speed can be buffed up with cloths of Speed to the point that he can do an opening attack before the enemy has any idea what hit them. A speed rating of 70 is enough to be faster than the fastest enemies, so anything over that is useless, unless you expect to be hit by speed debuffs. Level 10 Staff of Luminescence in combination with Enlightening Hood will knock out a Legendary monster's ability to cause massive damage to your party better than the Rogue's Flash Powder. Other than that, Give him plenty of Runed items, and maybe a Staggering staff of Lethality for general use.

For defensive use
Attack-Invisibiliy-Arcane Armor
Power Siphon-Electrical Storm-Cosmic Prison

For full assault
Attack-Fireball-Arcane Armor
Freeze-Electrical Storm-Cosmic Prison

Notes:
Good for dishing out damage and in combination with the Rogue. After the first round, if you open up a can a Raid with Litany of Pain and Electrical Storm, the remaining enemies will likely still be twitching, so it's best to follow up his attacks with another character. Of course, two mages aren't a bad idea.

RANGER

Essentially, the all-round character. If you want to take two or more with you, shove one full of Dexterirty and another with Intelligence. I prefer using only one Ranger and shoving him full of Dex. He's capable of healing, which can be useful in a pinch, as well as the stunning Pin, which is useful with a Rogue. His Hunter's Prowess enables him to take out the powerful Beast enemies without much of a problem, and his Pierce and Hail of Arrows does quite well taking out multiple enemies. You can also load him up with accuracy items and put all points into strength to make use of his Force of Nature skill, but then you might as well just get another Warrior. An all-around guy, capable of dealing damage, healing, and using the bows, he's a good guy to have around if you're still trying to formulate a good team. If you can't figure out what you want, just take three of them along.

Quarrel-Ender and plenty of speed items is a good combination. The inability to use an offhand item without sacrificing all of his ranged abilities is pretty severe, especially with the awesomeness that is the Gorgon's Head or Minotaur's Horn. Regardless, he can use the quivers, which increase his speed up to 15 at level 10. His equipment really isn't all that impressive, but he's fast and can hit multiple enemies from afar. Stick him full of Assassin's junk and he'll accidentally kill plenty of enemies as a critical hit.

For defensive use
Attack-Nature's Blam-Healing Lore
Focus-Swift-Pin

For full assault
Attack-Pierce-Hunter's Prowess
Hail of Arrows-Swift-Pin

For general use
Attack-Pierce-Healing Lore
Hail of Arrows-Swift-Pin

Notes:

Replace Pin with Hunter's Prowess when in Beast levels. A single Hunter's Prowess should just kill off most beast enemies you hit, anyway. Go defensive when you're up against a legendary enemy, especially the Gorgon. Swift is only useful if anyone in your team has a speed of under 70, and even then, it's only good for long battles lasting more than a few turns.

ROGUE

Damage powerhouse if you use 2, otherwise he's kind of alright to use. Poison hits can finish off an enemy, freeing up a turn for one of your guys to go wail on another target while you wait for the poisoned enemy to use his next turn dying and getting his corpse out of the way so you can kill the guy behind him. Thief's Luck use useful to boost accuracy to 100%, ensuring that you don't end up missing a turn because you missed. Useful for taking out individual enemies. Unless you take two with you, their power won't shine until you fight a legendary foe. Sap Strength can take out a Gorgon's grip over your team no problem. Stuff him full of strength so that he can wield strong non-dagger melee weapons whenever necessary

The Gorgon's Head is always good to use with the Rogue, as well as Assassin's items. His medium armor enables him to use a Staggering glove, which gives up to 10 stun, which, when combined with the Gorgon's Head and The Shudderer, gives him 85% stun. Since his attack is so high with the addition of Dex to his damage, he can knock out many enemies in two hits. Using Hide, this can be a useful tactic. Of course, the double-pronged Rogue duo will make Assassin's items largely redundant, as a good double Rogue Hide-Create Opening combo will kill many bosses.

For extreme stabbing
Sneak Attack-Coup De Grace-Sap Strength

For regular stabbing
Attack-Flash Powder-Create Opening
Sap Strength-Coup De Grace-Thief's Luck

For that "I'm going to backstab him in the front, 'cause with my two rogues, that's the only place left that I can stab" use
Flash Powder-Coup De Grace-Sneak Attack

Notes:

If you already have everyone at 100% accuracy with items, then replace Thief's Luck with Sneak Attack. Elusiveness is a useless and highly detrimental passive skill. Don't put any points in it.

BARBARIAN

Not that great, in my opinion. He's all out for attack, even if he doesn't do more damage than a Warrior. If you want damage, just use a Warrior. His ability to do critical damage with his passive abilities is nice, I suppose, and he can use Whirlwind to smack up the ranks when fighting multiple enemies, but his real use is against legendaries. In long battles, he can use Dismember to increase your team's lasting power, Jostle against Minotaurs' Labryinth attack, and Pulverize for extra damage and convenience. His Charge attack is powerful, but it's no Overwhelm. It also only hits targets exactly two spaces in front of him, which requires him to waste a turn with Jostle if you want to Charge anyone else. Might as well just Attack. He's useful, to be sure, but you might as well replace him with someone else.

He can't use any offhand items except for the special ones like the Minotaur's Horn. He can't use spears. He's essentially the retarded brother of the Warrior. Use a Minotaur's Axe for damage, some Assassin's armor, maybe, and just hope he doesn't die too quick.

For better viewing of your opponent's insides
Attack-Enrage-Charge
Pulverize-Whirlwind-Dismember

For legendaries
Attack-Jostle-Charge
Dismember-Boast-Pulverize

For dumb drooling around the dungeon
Attack-Enrage-Charge
Dismember-Whirlwind-Boast

Notes:

Boast can be used at a range, effectively acting as a ranged attack. If you wanted a ranged attack, a Ranger would've been better.

CONJUROR

Useful, to say the least. Has the ability to summon Bloodsprite to heal the party, Wall of Shadows to take care of Curse, Eldrich Aegis to increase defense, and most importantly, Call Soul to revive your party members to full health which, in many cases, is superior to the Cleric's Revive. He can also do extra damage with the Vortex skill.

Same as the Mage. Avoid using any useless-but-cool looking items like Savant's clothes unless you just like the runage.

For general use
Attack-Wall of Shadows-Eldrich Aegis

For teams of conjurors
Conjuror 1
Attack-Wargolem-Eldrich Aegis
Conjuror 2
Attack-Wall of Shadows-Wargolem
Conjuror 3
Attack-Manasprite-Eldrich Aegis

Notes:

Yes, a TEAM of Conjurors. It seems that the Conjuror team is extremely useful. You retreat one Conjuror, stick the three remaining ones in the back row, and start summoning like mad. In the unlikely event that you still have a full front row of summoned meat shields, you can smack up the enemy with vortexes. Long, arduous battles ensue, but it's a reasonable strategy for dungeoning, enables you to heal yourself, revive yourself in case of death, and is somewhat unlikely to result in a failed battle, even against harder opponents. Just make sure to take out support enemies quickly.

firbozz_pieman
firbozz_pieman
24 posts
Nomad

Just a few quick comments:
I never relly got into using the rogue. My party is usually composed of warrior, cleric, and then a combination of two of the following three:
Conjuror, Mage, Ranger
The conjuror has a few nice buff skills, as well as being able to summon units which, though weak themselves, provide excellent distractions. They also make fights against the cult laughably easy a lot of the time, because you can knock off aetherguards and voidstalkers 100% of the time, assuming you remembered to learn banish.
That's one problem with the game, though. A lot of the classes seem to be tailored to fight one faction, but you only have four members.

Showing 46-60 of 63