ForumsSupport Forum[Official] The AG security breach

77 44561
gman144
gman144
156 posts
Blacksmith

Hey guys, I was wondering what exactly happened with the security breach that happened this afternoon and how this will affect us as AG users. Any help would be appreciated. :-)

• 77 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Looks like we are to wait for Ferret to pop in and give us a vague response along the lines of "Don't worry guys! We are figuring out what happened, but nothing serious seems to have happened to anybodies profiles or saves! =) So all is well."

I'll tell you what..thought I was banned. That wasn't fun

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I seem to have missed this "breach". What happened?

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

'll tell you what..thought I was banned. That wasn't fun

Just thought? Until you get banned because of reasons unknown don't complain.

Apparently when people tried to log in to AG it was telling people to change there email. I logged out and back in and did not get this message so I don't know what is going on.
ninjablack43
ninjablack43
5 posts
Peasant

Ah, this scared me a little bit ._.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Oh, forgot to add..

It's good to know that AG has a back up precaution in case anyone manages to breach its security

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

It's good to know that AG has a back up precaution in case anyone manages to breach its security

What precaution are you talking about?
TerminatorXM214
TerminatorXM214
222 posts
Blacksmith

This seems suspicious...
Asking us to change our passwords is one of the biggest scammer plots.

Maybe there was a breach, and whoever did it is trying to steal everyone's passwords. It wouldn't let me log in until I changed my password.

Or maybe it's the actual AG staff trying to protect people from the real breachers.

JuliMonde
JuliMonde
2 posts
Blacksmith

I thought the same, I am quite wondering that there is no official post about it here in the Forum.......

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Update: There is now a screenshot available. It was taken by another user, so it will be quoted, crediting the user who took it. Here it is:

[quote=Minotaur55]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/armor-games-official/images/b/b6/Screenshot_%2810%29.png[/quote]

The screenshot appears to be an e-mail Minotaur55 got as part of the breach.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

If only there was post editing...

The above screenshot was uploaded to the AG Wiki. That's how I accessed the screenshot.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

That is what I thought Term. I have seen no sign of the AG Adkins commenting on this and find it very strange that if it was a breech I was not asked to change my password too. Seems sketchy.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

*Admins

Autocorrect is a real ***** at times.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

[quote]That is what I thought Term. I have seen no sign of the AG Adkins commenting on this and find it very strange that if it was a breech I was not asked to change my password too. Seems sketchy.

*Admins

Autocorrect is a real ***** at times.[/quote]

You should also clarify "Term". That may have been an autocorrect too.

Also: It looks like I was not affected by the breach.
SectoidMedic
SectoidMedic
165 posts
Peasant

me neither.

Anubi0s
Anubi0s
2 posts
Peasant

any oficial answer?

Showing 1-15 of 77