ForumsSupport Forum[Official] The AG security breach

77 44607
gman144
gman144
156 posts
Blacksmith

Hey guys, I was wondering what exactly happened with the security breach that happened this afternoon and how this will affect us as AG users. Any help would be appreciated. :-)

• 77 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Term=TerminatorXM214

Slick7859
Slick7859
3 posts
Nomad

I too have lost everything including games I payed for, any answer or am i screwed?

Superman19986
Superman19986
6 posts
Peasant

How do we know it was AG putting out the password reset?! Nah, I'm just kidding, but who would hack this website? What is there to gain... free games??

NomoRomo
NomoRomo
1 posts
Nomad

This is really strange. You'd think we would have some clarification on what's happening by now. I tried to login earlier without resetting my pass, and it just took me back to the homepage, and I hadn't logged in. Hopefully it's all fine...

chessmaster102
chessmaster102
657 posts
Peasant

AG its been 2 hours at least give clarification that you put out the precaution to reset passwords...

Slick7859
Slick7859
3 posts
Nomad

my account name has been changes too, it was SlickRick7859 and is now Slick7859.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Term=TerminatorXM214

Just call him Steel Bowtie, that will really screw with Patrick.

I would say i am curious as to what happened, but I don't really care.

~~~Darth Caedus
ninjablack43
ninjablack43
5 posts
Peasant

It's gonna be a bit scary without any word from AG >.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

A small segment of our audience were sent out e-mails to change their usernames/passwords. There was a security breach that may have made some user data (Usernames, passwords, e-mail) accessible to malicious persons. That being said, while we saw it was a possibility, we don't believe it in fact happened.

Just in case however, we feel it's better if everybody updates their password that could have been involved.

All accounts should be fine! Most people have easily updated their password, others are having trouble (Mainly due to their not remembering the e-mail associated to their account) and we're working through those people as quickly as we can. There are quite a few.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Time to go trolling, and later blame it on these "malicious persons" after I'm caught. ^^

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

But I am the malicious person

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

We know pang, we know... but now your nefarious scheme has come to an end.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Persons implies many. pang's accomplice(s) is still out there.

*Cough*

Slick7859
Slick7859
3 posts
Nomad

ferret, that sounds good but what about those of us that had there account names changed but can log in with out any access to content we paid for and aver appear to have lost all progress in every game?

afyo
afyo
1 posts
Nomad

In reply to one of the posts an attacker can find a lot more than just free games.. some people do use the same password for all their accounts in addition to turning the admins' lives to a living hell as you can see or Finally offer to help the admins for a job. Looking forward to hear more details about the breach and how it was fixed

Showing 16-30 of 77