ForumsNews and Feedbacksome people forget their email password. why do you have to change your password if you dont want to

8 4085
alextheepicboss
alextheepicboss
1 posts
Nomad

i lost my awesome armorgames account and had to start a new one

• 8 Replies
bigjacob
bigjacob
578 posts
Farmer

What WAS your old one anyway?

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Why would you lose it?

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Forget?... For what reason?... Amnesia?... Alzheimer?^^

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

How can you forget your E-mail? How many do you have? What is so hard to understand that Armor Games was hacked and your security is breached and you need to establish a more secure access now? What sense does this thread make?!

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Um. I reckon the poster just meant (perhaps a little awkwardly phrased) that they lost the email address, or access to it, that they need to reset their password.

Quite a few have been reporting on this issue, ever since yesterday's Security Breach, requiring them to reset their password, after all.

(Or am I now myself misphrasing? I've a feeling I'm missing a few dots there. The issue however seems clear enough, and it is being reported by several. Surely Ferret is by now aware of it.)

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,824 posts
Chamberlain

@all above: I have an old Email account that I just got plain locked out of, haven't been able to access it in years even though I'm pretty sure I put in the right password during one of my manly attempts to regain access.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

ps

(Or am I now myself misphrasing? I've a feeling I'm missing a few dots there.

So going over the Breach thread, I found back those missing dots:

The issue occurs where some people report they have had their usernames changed to something else. To regain access to the content under their previous accounts, they would need access to the email account that they once signed up with, for that account.

Since there can be any number of reasons why they forgot or lost access to that email account, they are now basically left with no recourse.

Just for the sake of clarity; I am quite sure Ferret is aware of it, and he's said he's right on top of helping such users out.
Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

Wait! losing a password is viral.. But "some" people losing their e-mail adress? that's insane!

Showing 1-8 of 8