ForumsArt, Music, and WritingGuys hi I drew a thing

42 19378
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Actually I drew many things. It's been quite a while since any of them have been posted in here.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/63cea991ca3ab1034ee2d603c59fb63b/tumblr_mq1hslwx0k1ryxr8mo1_500.png

Here's one that's actually recent. c:

• 42 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Is "I like them" a particular reason?

That's actually the reason I thought it to be =3

Too bad about the 403s. I don't really deem the progress important enough to want to fix it, though. :x

But D=
Ah well.

Here's a wallpaper I did for a friend for some shiny things:

Is that...a shark..with legs..and wings??! =O
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Yup, dragon shark. The other one is a goldfish dragon.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I don't care bout no stupid goldfish

I just want the shark =O

...Have you considered a sharknado?

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Oh hi Zophia, been a while. Welcome back (though it's a bit rich of me to say this since I'm not around that much either)!

Also:

...and Cenere doesn't draw hair well

Good lord Gantic, no wonder you were less than half right. Have you been looking at my crappy renditions of "hair" and thinking that Cen drew it???
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Dammit pang. I was going to make a sharknado joke!

Nice choice with Photoshop Zoph. Also, unlike Gantic, I have a hard time telling your stuff from Cen's. Maybe if I had a side by side comparison but I am too lazy to look for his art thread.

To me the goldfish dragon doesn't look like a goldfish. Also the sharks mouth bugs me a bit. But it is better than anything I could do so I should not complain.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Good lord Gantic, no wonder you were less than half right. Have you been looking at my crappy renditions of "hair" and thinking that Cen drew it???

No, your style is more different from Zophia and Cenere's. I think I just believed Cenere's characteristic albeit unfounded self-hate.
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Glad to see you posting stuff again Zophia. Have you tried exploring any different forms of art or style during your absence?

No, your style is more different from Zophia and Cenere's. I think I just believed Cenere's characteristic albeit unfounded self-hate.

I thought you were referring to his self-hatred, because hair has always been a strength of his. If you actually believed him, shame on you!
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Oh hi Zophia, been a while. Welcome back (though it's a bit rich of me to say this since I'm not around that much either)!
I've seen your traces of life on facebook and dA, though. c:

Glad to see you posting stuff again Zophia. Have you tried exploring any different forms of art or style during your absence?
I've done a bit of sculpting and some old fashioned pencil-on-paper stuff. Might get around to posting it here eventually.

Here's some sketching I did of the overall body-type of some of my OCs.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/9efb44dfe2ad7c1babd91e862bddeb41/tumblr_mnto1hIaHG1ryxr8mo1_500.png
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Was working for Gantic, is working for me. Try reloading a couple of times. o:

Self destruction complete. My PC is very picky. It wont go on websites that aren't as awesome as I am.

Err. Are you aware that Paint is a program (usually referring to MS Paint, but occasionally paint.net) and a tablet is a tool?

Was referring to MS paint. Sorry for the caps, I have an itchy shift finger. By tablet, I meant this kind. Some people are really good with MS paint with just using the mouse. I guess you and Gantic aren't those people.
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I guess you and Gantic aren't those people.

What? Zophia drew a picture with a mouse in MS Paint to prove a point that it wasn't what you use when she was judge (along with Cenere) in the ASC. And prose be to the Gantic. I don't draw a lot or at all sometimes.
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Xeano, you asked if I used a program OR a tool. It's like asking if I use a piece of paper OR a pencil to draw. They're not mutually exclusive.

It's possible to draw on other things than paper with a pencil, and you can use many, many things other than a pencil to draw on a piece of paper. The same thing goes for digital programs and tools (although the tool selection is much narrower).

Anyway, like I said on the previous page, this was drawn in MS Paint, with a mouse. I'm not super well coordinated with a mouse, so no, this is not usually what I do, but I can and honestly I probably fall into the category of people who are good at it. Obviously not nearly as good as people who actually practice it as a regular thing (that person who repainted Mona Lisa in Paint springs to mind...).

alsowhywouldyouapologizeforcapswhenyouDIDintendtocapitalizeitasdfjklgh

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

I like the pokemon. Quagsire is my favorite for seem reason. I think its the slight smile and the small eyes. Its adorable. Plus he's chubby.

I like the shark and the goldfish too. The shark's right arm feels a little weird to me. Like it isn't exactly connected to his shoulder. But the shading and coloring on other parts (like the goldfish) are so nice I don't really pay much attention anyway.

In the sketches... I feel like the chubby one is a little out of place. I like the big green one with the little red one. Its nice because the colors are on opposite sides of the color wheel and they're also opposite in height.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

You are good with a mouse Zoph. It is pretty hard, takes a bit of getting used to.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Using a mouse is boring, though. D:

@dair5
1) Thanks for the comments!
2) Both the shark and goldfish's shoulders are probably off. I did some fairly toony lineart where it doesn't really matter too much, but then I shaded them softly and the shapes didn't add up right. Oops. Guy I made it for was happy enough, though. c:

New thing!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/576d235096d3acca1587fe8a6ce7ede5/tumblr_mqilhpN1131ryxr8mo1_500.png

Full view here might give an error; if so, this link should work.

Here's a slightly brighter version of just the creature if you can't make out the differences in tone of black.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

What? Using the mouse is not boring! It takes skill, especially when you have a friend next to you that keeps hitting the mouse on purpose.

For some reason your newest thing looks like a giant mushroom to me.

Showing 16-30 of 42