ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] Armor Games loading slower of late

62 14647
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

At first I thought it was just me, but a fellow user (who may choose to reveal himself/herself or not) has also been having the same issues. Of late, when traveling around the forums, the loading time for each section/thread/page/etc. has been slower than normal.

Any reason why? Expected time for this to continue?

• 62 Replies
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

It seems slower for me too. Even Youtube loads about twice as fast as a dang forum page.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Seems normal to me.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

I clicked the forum link (loading), opened a new tab, clicked a link to youtube, went to the main page, clicked subscriptions, watched a 3:12 video, opened a link to the AG main page (loading) started another video, opened a new tab, clicked a link to my profile (loading), went back to the video for 15 minutes, internet reset itself, went back to video (only page that worked) for another 5 minutes, opened a new internet page without add-ons, clicked link to AG (loading), went back to video for 7 minutes, refreshed all, went back to video which reloaded immediately, watched for 3 minutes, opened Chrome, went to AG homepage through Google (loaded immediately), clicked forum link (loading), went back to video for 25 minutes, refreshed all, waited 4 more minutes and everything worked. Yay... Maybe there was an update or something.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Took about 15 seconds for this thread to open. Usually around the same for others.

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Yeah, I've been noticing the same thing. Every other page (excluding AG) loads at the same speed, but AG is now about 2X slower.

ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

I noticed a drop of speed in forums,and in the profile opening(loading).
Home page and other pages are working at normal speed.At least for me.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I noticed a drop of speed in forums,and in the profile opening(loading).
Home page and other pages are working at normal speed.At least for me.

I've noticed the same thing. Forum and profile pages seem to take minutes to load, while other pages take only a few seconds at the most.
PJBomega
PJBomega
44 posts
Blacksmith

try this. i mentioned in an earlier post. [url=http://armorgames.com/community/thread/11811473/speed-up-your-load-times-and-game-speed]

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

try this. i mentioned in an earlier post.

A few things:

1) Your link is broken. [url=http://armorgames.com/community/thread/11811473/speed-up-your-load-times-and-game-speed]Here's a fixed version of the link.

2) I have read your thread, but the tips given assume that the problem is on the user's end.

3) However, I think the problem is on AG's end. Evidence includes the following:

-The problem is widespread.
-The problem seems to randomly turn itself on and off, even with no action from the user.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

rnrnA few things:rnrn1) Your link is broken. Here's a fixed version of the link.

That didn't work. Retrying post:

A few things:

1) Your link is broken. [url=http://armorgames.com/community/thread/11811473/speed-up-your-load-times-and-game-speed]Here's a fixed version of the link.

Parts 2 and 3 work correctly.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

It's still broken. Third try of my post. Complete this time in case of deletion.

A few things:

1) Your link is broken. Here's a fixed version of the link.

2) I have read your thread, but the tips given assume that the problem is on the user's end.

3) However, I think the problem is on AG's end. Evidence includes the following:

-The problem is widespread.
-The problem seems to randomly turn itself on and off, even with no action from the user.

The italic part is directed at PJBomega.

PJBomega
PJBomega
44 posts
Blacksmith

i added an ad blocker to my google chrome as well. a lot of the issues cleared up. all the adware and what nots really slowed my processing speed down. im sure AG has its kinks, but a clean system on our end helps.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

i added an ad blocker to my google chrome as well. a lot of the issues cleared up. all the adware and what nots really slowed my processing speed down. im sure AG has its kinks, but a clean system on our end helps.

The adblocker doesn't seem to help me. I tried turning it off to see if it was caused by the adblocker itself, but that didn't help. It also didn't slow me down further (actually, maybe it does, but the problem is so severe that there's nothing we can do about it) Therefore, it's not the ads. A little website speed testing suggested that images might have something to do with it. However, my greatest piece of evidence that we can't do anything about it* is the random "toggling" of the problem. This post is being made during an "off" period, but the problem can return at any time.

*Actually, we can do something about it. We can contact the admins.
PJBomega
PJBomega
44 posts
Blacksmith

i doubt any thing will be done soon. Dead zone for example has always had problems. they should stop taking payments untell it is fixed. taking all the money and not having the game work right since the release on FB. not fair in my book.

PJBomega
PJBomega
44 posts
Blacksmith

i was simply stating my experience with the issue at hand and what worked for me. my situation is not everyones. im sorry you found my account of my situation unrelatable to yours.

Showing 1-15 of 62