ForumsThe TavernWhen We Are Old

31 7309
Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

When We Are Old is the not-so-tongue-in-cheek companion thread to When We Were Young for more delicious meta-discussion about Armor Games that never seems to leave this site. It is undeniable that things change over time, unfortunately. Being an eighter, a lot of things have changed, mostly diapers, but spamming for AP is no longer the hot topic issue it was three to five years ago. Spam certainly won't go away, but at least we do away with the annoying pretense of "not spamming" when it's fairly obvious you're "making friends with benefits".

What do you suppose the community will be like three to five years from now?

• 31 Replies
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Dead. There will be no community 3-5 years from now.

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Gantic will be walking around a ghost town thinking "Well, at least I don't have to clean stuff up."

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Gantic will continue making his threads only to close them a week later due to 10 year olds. Strop will still be polishing the WoM but give up because everyone who cared is long gone. Ten year olds will rule the forum because without them there would be no forum (but they don't realise this).
This drives the other mods insane and as a result they are permanently banned. Strop eventually resigns leaving Gantic as the only mod left, and he stays because it's the only thing he knows.

Daleks and other current posters make a ruckus about "leaving" only to return a few weeks later (they do this every couple of months).
The ten year olds praise them no matter what, and in the time when they're "gone" the ten year olds only make threads about them.

Gantic still doesn't care.

Gantic starts posting on his blog again.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Matrix's story sounds like an apocalypse movie.
I think there would be some community left. I don't think it will all die. It'll be different. Most of us will be gone, for real. Not daleks gone. A few stubborn ones will still be here probably not doing much of anything except remembering when things were better. Or once we are all gone things could get better. Anything is possible.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Strop eventually resigns
You sounded credible before this bit. Tsk tsk.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

You sounded credible before this bit. Tsk tsk.

Well..we have Strop stating that now that WoM is over, his resign is of a more realistic nature..so who knows

-----

I have a feeling that, if anything, I'll still be here
Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

Better logo? lame games? Better community? Chat?

CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
888 posts
Nomad

AGv3 is in full swing, the website is drawing in more and more users, You can't walk down the street without meeting anyone without an AG account. The Forums are a big hit, impossible to double post because people are posting every second at every thread...

Well maybe not...

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Well, once the current group of users departs for good, I believe the community will die entirely. The final links to the prime time of AG is carried only by us...

It's not a nice thought, but if things don't really pick up within a year, the community is most likely doomed.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

MMOs will dominate the Popular Games board, Sonny 3 will come out, ArmorGames will start to have virtual collectibles to grab besides trophies, your Page will be decorated with said collectibles, the community will organize official site-versus-site tournaments, and I will finish one more chapter in Paragon.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

AG3 still "coming soon". Crush The Castle 5 emerges. Adverts everywhere. Nearly every game requires payment for the "full version".

Daleks and other current posters make a ruckus about "leaving" only to return a few weeks later (they do this every couple of months).

Except for me. I ain't leavin'. Unless I'm dead, in which case I won't be making a ruckus about anything.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I hope the community becomes the most bustling place on teh interwebs..so when I look back on this thread, the hilarity is increased tenfold

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Oh god why is everybody so pessimistic?

I 'spose the community would have already made a comeback in 3-5 years due to AG3 (maybe) and Sonny 3 things that are exclusive to AG. I dunno. That's just me being an optimist and hoping for the best, but at least the activity HAS been increasing ever so slightly, right? Right?!?!

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

The best way to attract new users to AG is by having better games on the site. Just sayin.

ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

Everything will be perfect There will always be some new young creative
and promising people. Cheers

Showing 1-15 of 31