ForumsPopular MediaLatest Movie?

587 240850
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

What was the last movie you watched and what did you think about it?

• 587 Replies
CherryCoke360
CherryCoke360
407 posts
Nomad

Just watched the curse of the black pearl (potc). now all I can think about is why the rum is gone.. xp

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Just watched the curse of the black pearl (potc). now all I can think about is why the rum is gone.. xp

But why is the rum gone?

Also, I gotta jar o' dirt

~~~Darth Caedus
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

But why is the rum gone?

LOL, +1. Just splendid, innit
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

[quote=UnleashedUponMankind]surely unable to reach the original 300[/quote]

You mean it has no llamas running amok? (In ancient Greece? Or was that another movie, getting myself confused now. Hmmm.)

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Incendies (Denis Villeneuve, CA, 2010).

Whether a great movie I'm not even sure, but gripping, poignant, heart-wrenching, sure.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Frozen (2013), was pleasantly surprised. I expected a musical where every other word is sung for no reason (and sung badly sometimes as well) a la Les Mis (the one with Crowe). Instead its actually quite good, like Tangled it is a good adaptation of a classic story (that also has nothing to do with the classic story), and it casted people who sing more than act (imo being good with voices is more important that looks in animated films, esp. musicals) so the singing wasn't bad, and also was limited to about one soliloquy per character plus one or two others.

It did feel really short though, but this made up for it. (Marshmallow needs love)

~~~Darth Caedus

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

The Sting, a slick gangster thriller about two con artists who go up against the mob that killed their friend. Paul Newman and Robert Redford (The titular characters in Butch cassidy and the sundance kid) play the amazingly cool ****** and Gondorff. It won 8 academy awards (including best picture) and deserves every one.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Armor games blocked the character name!

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Armor games blocked the character name!

I know; imagine my amusement when once I innocently wanted to point on someone to famed SF writer Philip K. ****
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

The Jerk with Steve Martin was the last film I watched, and I always end up thinking that not only was that the role he was born to play, but it's the only halfway decent role he's ever played. Not that it's the only movie he's done well in. He's just played that same basic Steve Martin role in a handful of films (though The Jerk was a little different), and sometimes it works out (The Man With Two Brains), while sometimes it just seems awkwardly out of place (Sgt. Bilko).

CherryCoke360
CherryCoke360
407 posts
Nomad

Last movie I watched was youth in revolt. I was expecting superbad quality but instead it was like juno on boring pills..

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

but it's the only halfway decent role he's ever played

What about Bowfinger or Dirty Rotten Scoundrels?
MikaCinc
MikaCinc
408 posts
Treasurer

Mission impossible 4 - Second time to watch

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Paranormal Activity.

OK, maybe it's just me who's falling behind, what with it being a 2009 movie and all, but someone go tell Hollywood first-hand camera perspectives (not to mention "horror" sans the slightest bit of anything even remotely resembling a thrill) are just out.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I watched Captain America: The Winter Soldier a couple of days ago. It was good, not just visually, I liked the plot and the acting too. Which is a rarity these days, but Marvel flicks are too huge to be allowed to fail.

Showing 136-150 of 587