ForumsArt, Music, and WritingGFX Art Battles

1176 250157
Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

Hello armor gamers, and welcome to the *official* GFX Battle thread!

GFX is short for Graphics, this thread was made so that other members can partake in art contests. Here is how it will work:

I) A moderator will choose a theme and a finishing date.
II) Members who choose to partake in this event will make make artwork that fits the chosen theme.
III) After the contest is over, a moderator/moderators will overlook all submissions and choose a winner.
IX) The winner will be granted 25 Armor Points

Everyone can partake in this event no matter what programs they have, or do not have. Some may have nothing but MSpaint. That is ok! Remember that all submissions will be reviewed. Everyone has an even chance for winning.

*GUIDELINES*
I) Stick to the theme given
II) Posts in this thread must be related to the event.
III) The maximum size for a submission is 600x600, i recommend trying to make all submissions at 450x200.
IX) All entries must be in before the given date.
X) All images used in an images must not be copyrighted! If a submission is indeed copyrighted, it will be rejected, and the submitter will have to face moderation :P

Let the battles begin :P

• 1,176 Replies
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Congrats! How much did you pay!

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

crap...now strop will be even harder to beat Me and klaushouse need to team up

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Okay, here's the dibs. Keeping in mind that I haven't actually tried it yet:

I was looking at the Wacom Intuos 3 line. Their pads range from the tiny palm-sized active areas to the oversized A3 size (after which you'd be looking at a strictly studio professional Cintiq)...originally I was interested in the A4 sized one, which has RRP $750. Then I decided that was too large both for practical and stylistic purposes, so I went with the 6x8" instead, which has RRP $600, I think.

However! If you're in secondary or tertiary education, you can get an educational deal which slashes the price in about half. The RRP for the 6x8" educational pack is $350. I really want one mainly so I can improve my versatility- maintain my natural drawing style while directly inputting to the computer. MS Paint is fun with the mouse but it's still *different*...more for nostalgic purposes.

Finally, I'm not really doing these battles to win them, heh.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Lol strop. As Arax said I think a joint enterprise is needed. I draw a picture and you super-render-background-nice-effect it Arax? *highfive*

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

^JAJA i will spiffy up anything :P

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

Holy crap, is the Brett Sommers and Charles Nelson- Reily (match game, go to youtube and look them up if you don't know)of AG actually calling for a tag- team!

purpledinosaur
purpledinosaur
679 posts
Peasant

lol strop that was the best pic on here so far well good job strop and arax and fst6 you guys are awesome

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

Ya, hate to say it, but Strop has been wrecking the competition. Srry, Klaus.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

LOLOL! Purple and everyone else. Why! Everyone says good job *name* BUT NEVER ME!

*cry*cry*cry*tear*cry*jumpoffbuilding*

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

I don't know, after this tag- team, Klaus and Arax might blow away the competition. (maybe literally)

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Not if I have anything to say about it....

*holds up "Willing to team up with," sine*

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

i must tink forz a momentz herez...

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Huh? Are you thinking about choosing me? *hopeful smile*

Wow, FAIL. I spelled "sign," like a 1st grader :O