ForumsArt, Music, and WritingGFX Art Battles

1176 250164
Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

Hello armor gamers, and welcome to the *official* GFX Battle thread!

GFX is short for Graphics, this thread was made so that other members can partake in art contests. Here is how it will work:

I) A moderator will choose a theme and a finishing date.
II) Members who choose to partake in this event will make make artwork that fits the chosen theme.
III) After the contest is over, a moderator/moderators will overlook all submissions and choose a winner.
IX) The winner will be granted 25 Armor Points

Everyone can partake in this event no matter what programs they have, or do not have. Some may have nothing but MSpaint. That is ok! Remember that all submissions will be reviewed. Everyone has an even chance for winning.

*GUIDELINES*
I) Stick to the theme given
II) Posts in this thread must be related to the event.
III) The maximum size for a submission is 600x600, i recommend trying to make all submissions at 450x200.
IX) All entries must be in before the given date.
X) All images used in an images must not be copyrighted! If a submission is indeed copyrighted, it will be rejected, and the submitter will have to face moderation :P

Let the battles begin :P

• 1,176 Replies
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

It is unlikely that I'll make this battle. Apart from the deadline being my birthday, it's also very soon...why did it have to be so soon...I am sad...

Oh noes! Sorry to make it so soon, but I am not going to be around at the end of the week or weekend. So it was either before I left, or Monday. And I know how you guys get antsy if I leave the judging for too long!

However, if you guys do think it is too short of a deadline, I can push it back. What do you all think?
TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

I don't really mind since most of the people have already submitted their pictures. I guess I would like it to stay the same deadline but if more people need time, then push it back.

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Oh noes! Too big! Please delete the first one, I resized it
http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q323/Estel_03/unocrn-1.jpg
[url]http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q323/Estel_03/unocrn-1.jpg[/url]

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

LOLOL Estel that makes no sense. I love it. Why the lightning bolt coming from the ground by the way... ? Do unicorns create reverse lightning bolts when they have alcohol and hotsauce?

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Well, the lightning bolt is supposed to be coming from the gray clouds at the top, but when I put in the cloud effect, it shrunk, so the lightning isn't connected D:

Alcohol, and fire react, but mixing fire and alcohol to make more fire, isn't as funny :P

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Lol estel you crack me up. As in you stress me and give me wrinkles.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Okay estel, previous post is deleted.

I had an idea which might get some groan lulz, so I'm working on it and should be able to push it through by tomorrow, if I have the time.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Remember rule #5: "All images used in an images must not be copyrighted! If a submission is indeed copyrighted, it will be rejected, and the submitter will have to face moderation :P"

Arax, the image that was used on your entry is copyrighted, so your entry will have to be disqualified.

I hope to see another entry before the judging tomorrow

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

WAH!!! I didn't see the copyrighted thingy majigabob!!

But Carlie, since i rendered it and cut it is it still disqualified? I mean it is like 75% edited...

dank
dank
983 posts
Peasant

Even a single pixel from a Copyrighted image is illegal and is more than enough reason to be taken to court. All Google images are off limits as 99% of them hold Copyrights.

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

not to mention klaushouse totally mooched off my theme with the whole translucent light rays...

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

meh. W/E Guess i won't be making this one then.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I have had quite a few complaints that the deadline for this battle is too short, so I will be extending it to Saturday, August 16.

I expect to see some more great submissions after this extra time!!! ;D

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Oh I know! Estel's entry just has to be a spin-off of Pikachu's surprise attack!

But yes, thanks Carlie. I will definitely have one in by then!

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Awesome! I look forward to seeing it!!!

Showing 556-570 of 1176