ForumsArt, Music, and WritingGFX Art Battles

1176 250135
Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

Hello armor gamers, and welcome to the *official* GFX Battle thread!

GFX is short for Graphics, this thread was made so that other members can partake in art contests. Here is how it will work:

I) A moderator will choose a theme and a finishing date.
II) Members who choose to partake in this event will make make artwork that fits the chosen theme.
III) After the contest is over, a moderator/moderators will overlook all submissions and choose a winner.
IX) The winner will be granted 25 Armor Points

Everyone can partake in this event no matter what programs they have, or do not have. Some may have nothing but MSpaint. That is ok! Remember that all submissions will be reviewed. Everyone has an even chance for winning.

*GUIDELINES*
I) Stick to the theme given
II) Posts in this thread must be related to the event.
III) The maximum size for a submission is 600x600, i recommend trying to make all submissions at 450x200.
IX) All entries must be in before the given date.
X) All images used in an images must not be copyrighted! If a submission is indeed copyrighted, it will be rejected, and the submitter will have to face moderation :P

Let the battles begin :P

• 1,176 Replies
Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Carlie never said that they had to be altered, just all props go to the AG artist. I am terrible with free drawing, but I could add effect, but I don't think it's that hard to just click on an effect. It takes real skill to do my work! :P

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

I'm just saying if you wanted a edited picture that even I could do that.I was hoping to see more original artwork when I came up with the idea,but I guess when life gives you lemons you make lemonade,or in this case when people on a forum give edited pictures you make.......Editade?! Anyways I guess I don't mind though.

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

Crimson I'm sorry, but when life hands you lemons, go see a therapist. Because if life is handing you lemons, you are either crazy or on a serious trip. But I agree with crimson, I wanted to see more original things.

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

Meh stop arguing!!

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

So far only about two of them are not edited versions of originals.Whats going on this time?

People can make edited versions, add more GFX, or redraw the pictures themselves. It is all up to whoever does it. However, depending on the effort, plays into how it is judged. I always tend to look upon hand drawing more highly.
Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

OKAY! I have one that you better not dislike! >:O Last entry.
http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q323/Estel_03/armatar.jpg

Sutoku231
Sutoku231
4 posts
Nomad

carlie, if you think mines hand drawn, its not, im not gonna get an unfair advantage of your "higher thinking", lol

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

^We noticed, you just embossed it with a simple program...takes 2 seconds.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Well I'm just going by what the rules stated that's all.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Well I like that last one Estel.It will do for me,but I am not a judge actually it don't matter.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Just a reminder: If you submit more than one piece, let me know before judging which one you would like to be judged.

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Oh yes Carlie, that last one is my final...obviously :P

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,611 posts
Jester

Thats an awesomeone Estel its really cool.You should win.

kibblesand123
kibblesand123
423 posts
Nomad

and of course, arax will win :P

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,611 posts
Jester

Arax and Estel both have a good shot I can't choose it will be a tough decicion Carlie.

Showing 736-750 of 1176