ForumsArt, Music, and WritingGFX Art Battles

1176 239769
Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

Hello armor gamers, and welcome to the *official* GFX Battle thread!

GFX is short for Graphics, this thread was made so that other members can partake in art contests. Here is how it will work:

I) A moderator will choose a theme and a finishing date.
II) Members who choose to partake in this event will make make artwork that fits the chosen theme.
III) After the contest is over, a moderator/moderators will overlook all submissions and choose a winner.
IX) The winner will be granted 25 Armor Points

Everyone can partake in this event no matter what programs they have, or do not have. Some may have nothing but MSpaint. That is ok! Remember that all submissions will be reviewed. Everyone has an even chance for winning.

*GUIDELINES*
I) Stick to the theme given
II) Posts in this thread must be related to the event.
III) The maximum size for a submission is 600x600, i recommend trying to make all submissions at 450x200.
IX) All entries must be in before the given date.
X) All images used in an images must not be copyrighted! If a submission is indeed copyrighted, it will be rejected, and the submitter will have to face moderation :P

Let the battles begin :P

• 1,176 Replies
miniman
miniman
84 posts
Nomad

Carlie, he is not redistributing the render, redistributing the render is like putting it on forums, for people to use, in like signatures, but he just used it in his signature.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Miniman you just contradicted yourself there.Anyways I kinda knew Carlie would say something like that.Arax_Nisanu,and myself also had submissions rejected because of that rule.Anyways This is getting to be quite an interesting contest.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

On page 99, John said this about the same situation:

Rendered images are not exempt from copyright law. Rendering is a method; a way of manipulating one piece of data into another. By Fair-Use law any piece of work used in another work without permission from the original copyright holder is subject to copyright law where applicable, more specifically under the DMCA.

Also, any work not entered directly into the US Library of Congress is also subject to automatic copyright once published. So even if the bearer does not own a direct copyright it may still be protected but not as unquestionable primary evidence.

What you are arguing is encapsulation, which is a body of work placed in another body of work in order to create something different. Sadly, this does not fall under fair use. I can't make a mixtape and sell it in a store, and the same goes for this situation.

Just by posting in in the forums, whether it is for further use or not, it is a redistribution.
crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

When does this one end?

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Tomorrow, I believe. I better hurry~

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

Are you gonna do something good?

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Oh yeah this one does end tomorrow huh?Anyways I might try the next one in gimp since I now know how to use it properly.This should be interesting how she chooses the winner.

kibblesand123
kibblesand123
423 posts
Nomad

omg im glad there will be a new thread for this....
will this get locked or can it be deleted?

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Will there be a new thread for it??

@crazynaitor:
I think so myself, but I'll let the people (and Carlie, of course) judge that.

kibblesand123
kibblesand123
423 posts
Nomad

yes, a while ago carlie said that we would, just for a new clean slate.

arax really should help judge. since its his thread....

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Well he could,but it seems that he got himself permanently banned,so that won't happen.Don't ask me how,but he is apparently banned now.Anyways I guess a new page would be nice,but we still haven't compiled all of the old images for the Armor Wiki archives,so it would be best to just lock this one instead of deleting it.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

I still have no ideas...I think I'll stay out of this contest.

kibblesand123
kibblesand123
423 posts
Nomad

aww cmon.....
just draw a guy angry at a computer. like, before he got his mac, after lol

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Carlie I think he was doing the opposite.Anyways I hope Zophia manages to submit hers before it ends.I know I am a competitor,but I want to see what she has,as well as some others.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

aww cmon.....
just draw a guy angry at a computer. like, before he got his mac, after lol

Hey! Don't hate on the macs!! ;-P
Showing 1111-1125 of 1176